-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's some of the prettiest wood I've seen in many moons...Claro, Circassian?

Just for the record, I have one of the Custom Tribute Rifles and am tickled pink with it. Perfect? No but what gun is? A samll flaw in checkering sure wouldn't prevent me from buying one. I've seen those flaws on Browning Safari Rifles and even a custom rifle I had built many years ago. You can find faults with nearly any rifle/handgun out there. I had an expensive HK45 Compact and even it wasn't perfect but, I didn't whine about it on the Internet.

Last edited by Kitch; 02/15/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never was a big JOC fan and don't think I would give the big bucks for a new replica of a rifle that was built to fit him... nor one with his signature scrawled on the trigger guard but to each his own.

One question... When you hunt with it, do you carry the blanket along for it to lay on?

wink

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by mystro
As far as I know, I am the only one that has actually taken a JOC Rifle out hunting.

Took Mine up Barnard Glacier this last fall. I hunt my rifles in the roughest, nastiest country on the planet. I put cotton tape on the exterior and put barricade and electrical tape on the barrel. We didn't see anything. One big ram but he busted us. Weather was freaking nasty. All was good except the aluminum sheep engraving on the floorguard flakes off.

[Linked Image]

hard to see it but its on my pack.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Now that's pretty cool. Nice rifle too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GeoW

One question... When you hunt with it, do you carry the blanket along for it to lay on?

wink

G

Nah, that's Elk. He's the one whose rifles always sleep on a blanket. smile

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe

Might be just me, but I kinda got the impression Tenring is a whiner�.

Aw, come on.... cry

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Edm, That is one gorgeous rifle.
Here is my tribute to Jack, a run of the mill Fwt in 270. It's a hunter and a shooter.
[Linked Image]

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by GeoW

wink

G

Nah, that's Elk. He's the one whose rifles always sleep on a blanket. smile
You bet,I also tuck them in every night and sing them a lullaby. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
That is great. I am glad to see another on the mountain. I look at these rifles like this,...with or without any JOC on the gun, its a great hunting rifle and that's what its all about. Its hard to beat a Winchester Featherweight and a extra handsome one is all the better. I am pretty careful with all my guns and the marks they do get are called "character marks". In the grand scheme of big game hunting, they are not that expensive of a rifle and should be hunted with.

Originally Posted by kaboku68
Originally Posted by mystro
As far as I know, I am the only one that has actually taken a JOC Rifle out hunting.

Took Mine up Barnard Glacier this last fall. I hunt my rifles in the roughest, nastiest country on the planet. I put cotton tape on the exterior and put barricade and electrical tape on the barrel. We didn't see anything. One big ram but he busted us. Weather was freaking nasty. All was good except the aluminum sheep engraving on the floorguard flakes off.

[Linked Image]

hard to see it but its on my pack.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by mystro; 02/17/14.

The Lord loves humility.
M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Since this was my first thread, I want to post this here as well...

I do want to go one record in thanking everyone for your warm welcomes and respect. Its obvious I have been around awhile on other forums and its nice to have a new group of guys to share my interest with. Its also nice to share some of my past stories, and experience with to a new bunch of guys. I tend to not take stuff that serious and like to use humor alot. I have a large gun collection and tend to use it as a reference. I forget many dont know all of my past experiences with my many guns so I will try not to take such liberties without noting what I am talking about.
Once again, thanks for all your input and welcomes.

The first round is on me...
[Linked Image][u][/u]

The Lord loves humility.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You obviously have good taste in guns and great manners. Keep the threads coming. I will put up with 5 or 6 dunderheads for somebody who actually uses his rifles and uses good rifles.

Best,
Thomas

Mystro:
First of all, thanks for the reviews and great pics of your JO'C Trbute Rifle on this and other forums.
Like you, I bought my Custom Tribute to use and to hunt with. It was in my hands the first day of the 2013 deer season when an unpredicted rain blew in. I just said to myself I'm sure Jack hunted with his in the rain too. It made it through fine.
It's a great shooter, very accurate and a fitting tribute to Jack that I will enjoy carrying afield. I'm crazy about it.
Brad and Winchester sure honored the great man in fine fashion as far as I'm concerned and let us all in the dance.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've only read first 3 posts,so I'm sure some snob has already mentioned this..But please put a 6x36 and some DD's or Controls on that thing!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Mystro, thanks for the pics of the rifle, they're beautiful.

I was hoping to avoid buying one of these rifles but your post has given me the urge.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
There is a discounted one waiting on the shelf in Scheels in Sioux Falls. It is about $1400.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rosco1
I've only read first 3 posts,so I'm sure some snob has already mentioned this..But please put a 6x36 and some DD's or Controls on that thing!

Completely agree on the Controls. First pictures shows a Leupold on it, but what is on it in the rest of the pictures?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 64 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,707
Posts18,513,889
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.