Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by rattler
only thing ill argue is that pot may lead to harder drugs cause if thats the case, most started with alcohol before pot so if a gateway drug is true, alcohol is it, not pot.....

Weed is THE gateway drug, much more than alcohol, because it can only be obtained from criminals. Take the criminals out of the equation. That, or actually make it a crime...but that horse left the barn long ago.

its the high thats the issue, not the legality.....some people are just wired to chase the high....and for the last 15 years in most places its easy enough to get pot from people that just deal in pot and nothing harder....vast majority of pot smokers do not get it from guys that are also slinging heroin or meth.....vast majority of pot smokers get it either from or one person removed from those growing it....outside of inner cities anyway....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I guarantee you that more pot is coming from outside our borders, so unless all the smokers have a cousin name Jesus in Mexico, they ain't getting it from one person removed.

Last edited by Steelhead; 02/18/14.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I guarantee you that more pot is coming from outside our boarders, so unless all the smokers have a cousin name Jesus in Mexico, they ain't getting it from one person removed.

vast majority of smokers aint smoking Mexican brick out side of inner cities....even 15 years ago most the chit i smoked was coming here via British Columbia from a grower a friend knew or from growers within the state, usually out of Missoula......far more pot is grown inside the borders anymore than is imported, especially from Mexico...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
its the high thats the issue, not the legality.....some people are just wired to chase the high....and for the last 15 years in most places its easy enough to get pot from people that just deal in pot and nothing harder....vast majority of pot smokers do not get it from guys that are also slinging heroin or meth.....vast majority of pot smokers get it either from or one person removed from those growing it....outside of inner cities anyway....

It doesn't matter. It illegal. Birds of a feather.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you say so, I'm sure I haven't a clue about any intel concerning such.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing should be Illegal if you do it in your own home

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Your missing the biggest part look at the paper when u buy a gun It says do u or have u use drugs , They leagalize the junk then take it away your done if u use it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It doesn't matter. It illegal. Birds of a feather.

for the most part its illegal for kids to drink aswell but im positive as a cop you know that doesnt stop a damn thing.....least it never has up here.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure, but Farooque, won't let 'em hang out in the back room of the 7-11 while all his friends are cutting up dope. Hanging out with criminals is never good for a kid.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeh but with states like Washington and Colorado legalizing and 24 other states having varios decriminalization and medical laws....regardless of federal law on a local level it isnt always handled as illegal....for minors maybe but otherwise not treated any different from meds or alcohol....which only increases the "grown local" and getting away from the typical drug dealer...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by RobJordan
But you have to ask yourself, "is society (or individuals) going to be helped by more people smoking more dope"? I think not.

Jordan

Wow. There has probably been more violence and oppression in the history of the world due to governments using that rational.

It's for the common good. We must do it.

I'm personally against marijuana, but what's happened in this country to fight drugs is a travesty of freedom and justice. Civil forfeitures? Should have been an American uprising as soon as that concept was ever floated. No knock raids to take down somebody growing a few plants? The forefathers would be ashamed.

Personally I lean to legalize it, then let the STATES regulate it and tax it into oblivion if they don't like it.

Appears the only Pot the OP curries is Pol.

Last edited by rkamp; 02/18/14.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savage62
Your missing the biggest part look at the paper when u buy a gun It says do u or have u use drugs , They leagalize the junk then take it away your done if u use it

I don't use illegal drugs, nor should I need to answer such questions to purchase a firearm

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm for legalization, or criminalization. One or the other. Right now it is a mess. IMHO, the problem is that most people don't want their kids doing dope...'til they do. Then they don't want them to get in trouble for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm for legalization, or criminalization. One or the other. Right now it is a mess. IMHO, the problem is that most people don't want their kids doing dope...'til they do. Then they don't want them to get in trouble for it.

yeah see that crap all the time...."throw the book a them....oh wait my kid was involved? he is a good kid give him a pass and only punish the 'real criminals'" smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
actually we flustered the hell out of the local juvinile probation officer when one of our girls got in trouble....nothing major just chose the wrong group to hang out with and sat and watched while they did something....when he told us what her punishment was gonna be cause he knew she wasnt a major part of the activities we flat told him that aint gonna get the point across with her, you better up it laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
most the reasons he is against it in that article apply equally to alcohol.....infact in a few of the areas alcohol is way worse medically....

True. I hadn't thought about a "big marijuana" emerging analogous to "big tobacco" though. Its truly a dilemma. But you have to ask yourself, "is society (or individuals) going to be helped by more people smoking more dope"? I think not. As a populace, we have no self-control as it is (generalizing--I'm the exception, of course. wink ).

Jordan

It is a step in the wrong direction.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The war on drugs has failed, the people (and I'm not talking about the far religious right wing folks here) know this and will direct their Politian's in the direction they want to go, just as how prohibition of alcohol was ended.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The war on drugs has failed

Thats for shor. There's potheads everywhere.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing worse than a reformed anything.

I would presume he is rabidly against alcohol too. And smoking, and coffee, and.....

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
A dope arrest and conviction will do more to adversely affect one's life than the occasional blunt ever will.

My motion to suppress the 2 joints found inside the backpack of a passenger of a vehicle was granted this morning. The passenger was a family member. I as not paid my minimal 3500 bucks. In fact, I didn't even get 35 cents.

Had I not pulled a rabbit out of my ass, our 18.2-251 probationary disposition calls for drug counseling and 6 months on your mitt, with allowances for work,school and counseling classes. The problem for most parents, whose kids get tagged for minor amounts of dope,is that they are the ones who get smacked with the attorney's fees and driving their kids around when family member vehicles are not available.

One has to fight it as best they can, though. The drug conviction taint on a kid's jacket rides their back well into their later life. I do have a problem with that.

And, if their arrest in no way is vehicle related,keep the DMV out of it.

Keep it illegal,imo. If a violation and arrest occurs for minor amounts of dope; 500.00 fine,25 hours community service and push it out for 3-6 months. If the kid accomplishes the probationary obligations and mandates and satisfies fines and costs, the charge is then dismissed at the end of the ordered time period.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,083
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.