Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Originally Posted by rattler
What most here are too young to know is that many years ago...under the auspices of one J. Edgar Hoover...the FBI conducted an extensive study regarding the usage of drugs and it revealed that something like 80% of the major drug users started out smoking 'weed'!!

no they started with alcohol....they leave out that lil fact cause they know they cant outlaw alcohol cause that dont work......your telling me 80% of hard drug users smoked pot before ever having a beer? thats just idiotic thinking....i really cant understand why it shoots over peoples head that alcohol is a drug the same as any other intoxicant....it gives you a "high" and all things considered coming from someone thats had alcohol pot and medically prescribed opiates, beer is alot closer to opiates than it is pot as far as dangers ect....

Hmmmm...what 'grade' are you smoking these days??

high end medical grade but i dont smoke, my lungs have enough issues from a life time of asthma for me to smoke....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
No matter how bad legal pot is to the people of this country, the drug war is worse.

Just like prohibition, the cure was worse than the problem.

I agree. No one is arguing that smoking weed is a good thing or good for you.

The argument is that prohibition and its enforcement have been far more harmful to society and our way of life than legalization ever could.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What most here are too young to know is that many years ago...under the auspices of one J. Edgar Hoover...the FBI conducted an extensive study regarding the usage of drugs and it revealed that something like 80% of the major drug users started out smoking 'weed'!!

Considering what we now know about J. Edgar Hoover, I wouldn't give much credibility to anything that he was involved in.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nearly 100% of them started out drinking milk.

The ones with the red slap mark on the back of their heads were biters.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Furprick

I agree, some folks here don't like change. They like the same old thing garnering the same old results, dadgummit.

One measure of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
But, we keep pumping billions of dollars into it- your taxes. A sane, rational country would have changed course years ago. But the knee jerk lock em up and throw away the key like from many here. How's that been working out the last 90 years?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How's that been working out the last 90 years?

AID's came close to solving a lot of problems.

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
sick

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I believe that to be true, just like I would bet 99% of all bank robbers started out with shoplifting or another petty offense, then moved on to a bigger crime. I guess we should put people away for 10 years for shoplifting, heck it's keeping bank robbers off the street!

as many have said, those who are chasing the high will follow it. the amount of self control they use and which drugs they use aren't dictated by laws. if they were pot wouldn't be a "problem" now filling up the prisons.

Pot is the only drug you don't have to refine, and you can grow it anywhere. no way if could have been stopped from the beginning

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I love reading the views of those that have never used it. Amusing schitt. Like given an opinion on a rifle they have never used.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's because of videos like this back in the day.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
obama will try to make it legal nation wide before long.its just another way to control you. if you a drughead you will become easier to control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Like Charles Krauthammer said, the effects of marijuana on the human body are benign compared to the effects of alcohol...the problem is that is makes people stupid and think they're smart.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does alcohol make people stupid and think they're smart?

If not, then all this time our stereotypical introduction for describing insanely stupid activity has been wrong - "hey, hold my beer and watch this!"

Once again, the issue is not one of "marijuana is good." People keep trying to put those words into the mouths of those in favor of legalizing it since that is a really easy argument to refute.

Drugs are drugs are drugs. None of them are "good" except in narrow circumstances and very moderate use.

But making them illegal has FAR more adverse effects on society as a whole than the individual effects on those who consume them voluntarily and even the secondary effects on society of those who voluntarily abuse them.

Drugs are NOT good.

Criminalizing them is MUCH worse.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
outlaw bad behavior.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 36 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,892
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.