Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hunter2678
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I guess the narrator has never seen the carnage a wolf can cause and all the blood in the snow from their kills. I think being eaten alive is a brutal way to go.

Jim

Yeah, i do too. That's why i request my tbone steak cooked well done.
The end of life is not easy for most species, the prey animals certainly are different than the predators.
These discussions remind me of opening day of dove season, and the carnage that results. I took a grandson a couple of years ago elk hunting, and warned him of what to expect. And told him i always had sadness after i looked at what i had done. Grandson said to me, gramma says you always say that, until she puts it in the cast iron skillet, that makes it all better. I suppose we all have to eat.
I think one of the things about wolfs is that they are very efficient at what they do. I often thing of elk/etc i see in the woods during/after hunting season with blown off legs, wounded but not yet dead, and so on, in that position because of sloppy ill trained hunters. And we call it sport.

Well said. My future FIL is one of those guys that blasts the woods during gun season here in Ohio and from talking with him he rarely gets a deer with one clean shot. Super nice guy but just doesn't "get it". But there are those of us that would rather vilify the methods of survival for predators instead.

Then you need as the future SIL to correct him as a hunter. Going to be hard.
Take him to a range first. Talk to him while there. Watch his groups.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Introduce him to a single shot. Without a five round backup plan he will have to take time to do the job right the first time.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The case of the hunter described above is why I hunt alone most times. It takes a lot for me to get to where I'll hunt someone outside of sitting around a field with a shotgun for dove... And even then, I have been shot a couple of times by idiots.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, its nature and all that, but that's not the point. Wolves are quickly destroying the big game base that provides for the money that helps fund all of the state managed "nature/hunting" programs. With an annual pop. growth rate of 20-30%, you're talking about a wolf population doubling every 3-5 years. Do the math. Game depts. around the west had better pull their heads out of their a$$e$ very soon and push for year round predator hunting tags or we will experience a predator pit that could last for decades before game numbers rebound to hunt-able levels again.

It's not what we see in the video that matters, it's what we don't see going on 24/7/365 that is destroying hunting and game pop. in the rocky mtn. west and coming to a neighborhood near you.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by pira114
I'm no no advocate of the wolf in terms of reintroduction.

But this is nature. This is how it's supposed to be. Wolves aren't bad. They're just doing what they evolved to do.

They can't be bad. Or evil. Or good for that matter. Those are human qualities that have no bearing on the reality of the animal world.

It may be sad to watch. But it's life.

Kind of like screw worms, huh?

I forgot about God telling us to take dominion over the animals.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I forgot about God telling us to take dominion over the animals.

To a liberal, anything that has a pulse, or leaves has equal status with a human.

Gotta wonder where they got THAT logic...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by Hunter2678
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I guess the narrator has never seen the carnage a wolf can cause and all the blood in the snow from their kills. I think being eaten alive is a brutal way to go.

Jim

Yeah, i do too. That's why i request my tbone steak cooked well done.
The end of life is not easy for most species, the prey animals certainly are different than the predators.
These discussions remind me of opening day of dove season, and the carnage that results. I took a grandson a couple of years ago elk hunting, and warned him of what to expect. And told him i always had sadness after i looked at what i had done. Grandson said to me, gramma says you always say that, until she puts it in the cast iron skillet, that makes it all better. I suppose we all have to eat.
I think one of the things about wolfs is that they are very efficient at what they do. I often thing of elk/etc i see in the woods during/after hunting season with blown off legs, wounded but not yet dead, and so on, in that position because of sloppy ill trained hunters. And we call it sport.

Well said. My future FIL is one of those guys that blasts the woods during gun season here in Ohio and from talking with him he rarely gets a deer with one clean shot. Super nice guy but just doesn't "get it". But there are those of us that would rather vilify the methods of survival for predators instead.

Then you need as the future SIL to correct him as a hunter. Going to be hard.
Take him to a range first. Talk to him while there. Watch his groups.

Already started on his indoctrination into accurate shooting...I have a sneaky plan in place so one day the light bulb will go on in his head..

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Yes, its nature and all that, but that's not the point. Wolves are quickly destroying the big game base that provides for the money that helps fund all of the state managed "nature/hunting" programs. With an annual pop. growth rate of 20-30%, you're talking about a wolf population doubling every 3-5 years. Do the math. Game depts. around the west had better pull their heads out of their a$$e$ very soon and push for year round predator hunting tags or we will experience a predator pit that could last for decades before game numbers rebound to hunt-able levels again.

It's not what we see in the video that matters, it's what we don't see going on 24/7/365 that is destroying hunting and game pop. in the rocky mtn. west and coming to a neighborhood near you.

We are supposed to let certain predators have a free pass on this earth and then when all their prey has essentially vanished then the prey themselves will vanish in a never ending cycle covering decades when we are supposed to do with or without game depending on the whims of nature, don't you know? Well, that's what the current liberated thinking is nowadays, anyway. We are not to intercede or interfere as we are the animals which don't deserve to eat the things animals eat.

Don't wolves strive to reduce the numbers of their competitors while we aren't supposed to do the same.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/20/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cisco1
Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

Shoot, haul ass, shut up. . . . . .I wouldn't take the chance of getting caught with a shovel in my hand.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Our ancestors didn't get rid of them because they were nice to live with.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Our ancestors didn't get rid of them because they were nice to live with.

Exactly right, Sir!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i just wish all the bunny huggers would watch how mother nature really rings her dinner bells. they would then understand how the overall majority of hunted kills are far more humane than anything nature ever serves up.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear

What a bunch of morons.

As noted, no one wants them all gone, but they have to be held in check.

Of course re-introducing into populated areas was as ignorant as electing obama

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To a liberal, anything that has a pulse, or leaves has equal status with a human.

Except for an unborn fetus.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pira114

Are you seriously saying wolves are bad because of they way they kill? Really?

I am saying that if it was your kids that have to be fenced in you may have a different outlook.
Wolves kill and eat and I do not have a problem with that, as I do not have a problem with great whites or crocodiles killing and eating...I do have a problem when people are on the menu, and in such circumstance have no compunction killing anything and everything that is a threat.

Particularly if it is near me or mine.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I do have a problem when people are on the menu, and in such circumstance have no compunction killing anything and everything that is a threat.

Particularly if it is near me or mine.

I suggest staying out of the inner city areas. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
I have watched a pack of wolves (from too far away to do anything about it) surround a Moose cow and calf on the Alaska Penninsula south of King Salmon. Diving in and out and in and out until they exhausted then killed the calf, then they hamstrung the Moose cow and started eating her on the spot. It made me wish for a way to get across the many rivers and hills between us, but it was not possible. I lose no love on Wolves.

It isn't pretty. frown
[Linked Image]

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Are you seriously saying wolves are bad because of they way they kill? Really?

So, the Black Plague and MRSA isn't bad either, as it naturally does what it does.

Hurricanes and tornadoes aren't bad, either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
but the poor things only kill to eat... whistle

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dolphins have defended humans and other creatures from sharks.

Dogs have protected humans from animals.

It's disgusting to me to see men stand by and do nothing while snowbound animals are wiped out by wolves because libturds say, "It's all good (unless a man shoots one to eat)."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,322
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.