Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude you need to get some sleep or put the bourbon away

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
Dude you need to get some sleep or put the bourbon away
I do?

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Personal observation on Ted. I shared a couple of bear camps with him in the late 80's in Michigan's UP. First time I didn't have a clue who he was for 7 days. On the last day one of the other guys asked me what I thought of having Ted Nugent around. I thought he fit in just fine. He joked with the rest, pitched in with chores, fussed over the dogs and never called attention to himself. He was a very clear thinker, and very observant for someone new to bear hunting with dogs. I thought he was a good guy. Still do. His music isn't my music, but I sure do appreciate his position on things. As far as what he may have done with the draft.... everyone has a past. People never stop learning in life...I think he is an example of that. As a vet and the father of 3 vets, I am glad he is what he is today.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes you do....good night Mark.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good post SSB

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like Ted.I like what he says.Im a Vet and Enlisted.I really don`t give a crap about his past or if he served or not.We have a President who did`nt serve and probably is not an American citizen.He is a [bleep].

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Can't say what Ted Nugent did or didn't do back in the day.

but I do know this, the concert he played at the Ampitheater on Chicago's southside that I was at circa '77-78, hell he didn't need to inhale to get high, all you had to do was breathe.

great show, came flying off those stacked up Marshall amps on some wire harness playing Stranglehold.

also saw him up here with the Damn Yankees during or after the Gulf War when he'd take the effigy of Saddam Hussein and shoot it with arrows, ridiculous to me, but they were a good band.
I'm not an eyewitness to the events but...it sure smacks of an opportunist more than anything. In the late seventies when he did the High Times interview, the country's youth was still VERY anti-military and statements about dodging the draft because he had better things to do were a lot more acceptable to his then-audience than they are now when his demographic has totally changed.

IMO he was a semi-successful rocker who had the litany of paternity suits, divorces and what-have-you that come with the lifestyle. He had some non-typical for Rockers, hobbies and likes and combined these with changing social attitudes to become a moneyed spokesman for pro-freedom causes. He was about bankrupt when he embarked on this second career. In order to appeal to some of the apologists that are exemplified on this thread, he had to change his history. JMO.

Pretty much how I see it. He's a chameleon. The narrative changes to suit his current identity.

The account quoted at the head of this article is a portion of an interview with rocker Ted Nugent published by High Times magazine in 1977, during which the guitarist claimed he had engaged in similar behavior to deliberately fail a physical exam in 1967 and be qualified 4-F (not acceptable for military service). Questioned about that account during a subsequent interview with the UK's Independent newspaper, Nugent maintained he had made up the story
He made the story up? Which do you folks believe? It's true or he made up this elaborate about story pissing and [bleep] in his pants? Either way he's a BSer. Back in 73 when I saw him in Pensacola I'll maintain he wasn't a little stone, but ripped to the gills. It was obvious. Contrary to his current narrative about drugs. He rewrites history to suit his identity. I personally believe there is nothing wrong with smoking pot. And I don't hold it against Nugent. What I take exception to is the lie. I can't believe anything he says.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LostHighway

but I do know this, the concert he played at the Ampitheater on Chicago's southside that I was at circa '77-78, hell he didn't need to inhale to get high, all you had to do was breathe.

great show, came flying off those stacked up Marshall amps on some wire harness playing Stranglehold.

also saw him up here with the Damn Yankees during or after the Gulf War when he'd take the effigy of Saddam Hussein and shoot it with arrows, ridiculous to me, but they were a good band.
I'm not an eyewitness to the events but...it sure smacks of an opportunist more than anything. In the late seventies when he did the High Times interview, the country's youth was still VERY anti-military and statements about dodging the draft because he had better things to do were a lot more acceptable to his then-audience than they are now when his demographic has totally changed.

IMO he was a semi-successful rocker who had the litany of paternity suits, divorces and what-have-you that come with the lifestyle. He had some non-typical for Rockers, hobbies and likes and combined these with changing social attitudes to become a moneyed spokesman for pro-freedom causes. He was about bankrupt when he embarked on this second career. In order to appeal to some of the apologists that are exemplified on this thread, he had to change his history. JMO.

Pretty much how I see it. He's a chameleon. The narrative changes to suit his current identity.

The account quoted at the head of this article is a portion of an interview with rocker Ted Nugent published by High Times magazine in 1977, during which the guitarist claimed he had engaged in similar behavior to deliberately fail a physical exam in 1967 and be qualified 4-F (not acceptable for military service). Questioned about that account during a subsequent interview with the UK's Independent newspaper, Nugent maintained he had made up the story
He made the story up? Which do you folks believe? It's true or he made up this elaborate about story pissing and [bleep] in his pants? Either way he's a BSer. Back in 73 when I saw him in Pensacola I'll maintain he wasn't a little stone, but ripped to the gills. It was obvious. Contrary to his current narrative about drugs. He rewrites history to suit his identity. I personally believe there is nothing wrong with smoking pot. And I don't hold it against Nugent. What I take exception to is the lie. I can't believe anything he says.

you are a liberal so what is your real point/agenda here?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SSB
Personal observation on Ted. I shared a couple of bear camps with him in the late 80's in Michigan's UP. First time I didn't have a clue who he was for 7 days. On the last day one of the other guys asked me what I thought of having Ted Nugent around. I thought he fit in just fine. He joked with the rest, pitched in with chores, fussed over the dogs and never called attention to himself. He was a very clear thinker, and very observant for someone new to bear hunting with dogs. I thought he was a good guy. Still do. His music isn't my music, but I sure do appreciate his position on things. As far as what he may have done with the draft.... everyone has a past. People never stop learning in life...I think he is an example of that. As a vet and the father of 3 vets, I am glad he is what he is today.

I hated the Canada bound draft dodgers of the Nam days. Now I wish many more had gone that way. Many good guys died while LBJ lied. He got rich while friends died in a ditch. History should call him a Son of a Biotch.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I agree with what you said and can believe Nugent was stoned. I see people I know all the time trying to bullshit people and re-write their own history. You probably see it on here although most of these people I don't know well enough to know their history, but one suspects. Ted has some other stuff that is well documented and that he's admitted to.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Huntz
I like Ted.I like what he says.Im a Vet and Enlisted.I really don`t give a crap about his past or if he served or not.We have a President who did`nt serve and probably is not an American citizen.He is a [bleep].

So Ted didn't serve, dodge the draft it's O/K. Don't give a crap about his past. But another guy you do. The President didn't serve, didn't dodge the draft and he's a tree primate. UFB

Last edited by LostHighway; 02/21/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by SSB

I hated the Canada bound draft dodgers of the Nam days. Now I wish many more had gone that way. Many good guys died while LBJ lied. He got rich while friends died in a ditch. History should call him a Son of a Biotch.
My cousin was Special Forces and a POW. I remember how he came to the reunion and just stared and smoked cigs...unfocused. I also remember the dirty, stinking hippies swimming in the most beautiful fountain in Kansas City. It sure seems that the war really didn't do much for us though, other than a lot of misery for families whose kids came home damaged, or not at all.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Thats a stupid question so whats your point/agenda; oh never mind you're just stupid.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ted claims he never smoked dope. Bullsh*t. I saw him in 1973 in Pensacola, Fl. Black jumpsuit, red, glassy eyes and plainly stoned to the gills. I don't have a problem with smoking dope. I do have a problem with selective history to suit your present identity.

Maybe he doesn't remember ever smoking dope. His conscience could be pure as the driven snow, no?

BTW . . . What makes people like Sycamore tick?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SSB

I never knew he dodged the draft till I read it here and I guess I don't have dog in this fight since I'm not in the military. That honor goes to my little brother who is serving in his fourth tour now in Afshitastan.
I just wonder if Ted attracts to much negative attention in the gun scene. Something we don't need.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
God bless and be with your brother. In my estimation, Afghanistan is not worthy of him.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Were I in politics, the Nuge is one I'd keep at maximum distance.

A pillar of society? Yeah, right. I gave up 4 years of my life while he filled his pants for two weeks to dodge the draft, doped up, and at 29 adopted a 16 year old island daughter. Regardless of his present politics, there are just some things I can not forgive

I am still amazed at the support one can garner just by presenting the right image. Some years ago we had a Republican US representative from central Oregon with a clearly falsified military record, caught dodging taxes, and a wife he insisted he was not married to so they could continue collecting her widow's benefits. Despite his being clearly nailed to the wall, party leaders in our community insisted we continue supporting him because he voted right. There's some things I simply can not stomach, and Nuge makes me ill. He has the persuasive powers of screaming radical. I couldn't care less what his message is. If he entered a room, I'd try to leave before I threw up.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/22/14.

1Minute
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You who don't like Ted in these times.----GFY's

We have a fight on our hands in case you haven't noticed!

I'll stand tall behind him!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Thats a stupid question so whats your point/agenda; oh never mind you're just stupid.

You might be funny but you are just a dumbass libtard...hows you lover working out for you now sac?

posted this for you the other day....but you must of missed it

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea. Romney wasnt good enough for many of us to stand behind, so now we all bend over for Zerover.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 39 invisible), 3,091 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.