-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just have to laugh at the fact cuzzinmitch (and bone) was sick of everyone's opinions and now he has a volume full of them, that he wouldn't of had, if he would of stayed away from his computer. If he was just trolling he's way over the limit.

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it flies, it dies. My problem is the constant berating of others by muleskinner, cussinmitch, or whatever his name is. Beause somebody isn't from his area or hires a guide he calls 'em names. He insists on taking exception to people's opinion when they are different than his. He is judgemental without reason, in my opinion. I could care less about his typing or english skill but I have to admit, I am little amused by his intolerance of others and his attempted slang style. I think he does it for attention and then rails on us for the attention we give him.

Rolly
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well from the responses he got on this thread, from me included, it appears he at least succeeded in getting the attention part.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They can type how they want. It is the idea that their opinions are the only ones that matter, since they are "guides" and kill elk every year. Woopti do!!!!!!!!! It ain't hard. They come across as completely unteachable and cut anyone else down that doesn't hunt from a horse and wipe his ass with pine cones. I use tree bark personally and I still kill elk with won uv them soopa doopa magnums that city folk use, cuz they can't sneak. I will continue to fill my larder with elk and deer every year with my 7mm mag. To heck with them and good riddens. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rolly and Flinch:
<br>
<br>You guys are confusing Muleskinner with cuzzinmitch, they are not remotely the same person and cuzzinmitch is not, nor does he claim to be a guide of any type as far as I know. You both should check your facts before you spout off about something that you are not sure of.
<br>
<br>Teeder:
<br>
<br>"cotton to" means to take a liking to. LOL

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you're right, Flies, I have them confused. I guess they both sound like they are cut from the same cloth, however. Your suggestion is a good one, however, I should get my facts straight.

Rolly
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I confused them myself, and stepped in it pretty big time. I get the sense that IIFID may have heard the story.
<br>
<br>Easy to do, but not easy to repair.
<br>
<br>I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that I did, in fact, jam my foot down my esophagus (once again).
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick:
<br>
<br>Actually, I didn't and haven't heard any details and only remembered it after your above post. It was mentioned in passing in one of your posts on the Savage thread.
<br>
<br>Guys, let me be clear, I don't like Muleskinner, not for his method of writing but for his mean and arrogant spirit displayed therein.
<br>
<br>I also am not apologizing for cuzzinmitch's opening post in this thread. It was way over the line, too, and I don't know what rung his bell but it must of been pretty loud. I guess I missed it. I don't know cuzzinmitch, either personally, or off forum, so to speak, have never communicated with him in private but he is not a bad guy in my opinion, and I hope he rethinks his decision. He likes and is knowledgeable about Savage 99s so he can't be all bad. Opps, check that, I forgot. [Linked Image] Let me rephrase, he is usually a decent and knowledgeable source when he posts on his area of expertise.
<br>The internet and this forum is not a cookie cutter for the Queen's English and if someone wants to post in an offbeat fashion, I may not like it, may not want to read it, but just because he is doing it, does not automatically make him a bad person. The thoughts are what count.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Roger that, IIFID.
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I still don't know what all the fuss is about Mule Skinner. I keep hearing all the put downs and have yet to see him as described. So it comes down to one thing, his typing mtn speak. When I first encountered it on the hunting board at shooters I also asked what the hells the deal with typing a accent. That thread also got a little heated. No big deal, most arguments are forgotten. Since then he has proved he isn't a phony. Still don't understand the typing as it seems like a lot of work to sound a certain way. But I like him, and can have good conversations and good arguments. You see not all arguments are bad. There is something about everybody I've ever met that I don't like, thats pretty universal, if I disgarded everybody as a idiot because they have a perceived flaw it'd be a lonely existance. He's no more opinionated than any other person here. Yes, his initial post to Mr. Howell did bite a little, because he is so respected by all I think many were a little quick to judge. But if skinner had posted "who in the hell is ___________ " fill in the blank with most anyone else, and that thread doesn't happen. Besides if Ken chooses to do so he can slice and dice anybody in a internet battle. [Linked Image] Thats enough on that subject for me. dempsey

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy oh boy, am I glad none of us live in glass houses! -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dempsey:
<br>
<br>Re: Muleskinner
<br>
<br>Wrong. Here's a few that you seem to have overlooked. Or have a very selective memory. It is not the mannerisms he uses, it is IN FACT what he says and the instant resort to personal attacks. And these are just a few, it appears he, or someone, deleted the initial, "Who the hell..." post.
<br>
<br>Green n' Horny,
<br>I ain't one fer pattin' myself on the back fer nuthin'. Jus' cause a feller won't go along with yer lack of ethics in the field don't mean he ain't got 'is oars in the water. Be glad to talk it over with ya in person ifn ya wanna come on down to my place in the hills. But I reckin' thet trip from San Fransissyco is a bit far. No, you don't sound like no born 'n raised Montanian I know. Wouldn't no ranch borned feller shoot elk in the rump I'm thinkin'. An' I think them fly fisherman develop a limp wrist, or is thet the other way 'round?
<br>
<br>xxxxxxxx
<br>
<br>Green,
<br>You did say EASTERN Montana didn't ya? Well, I reckin' thet ain't too surprisin'. A rancher neighbor of mine has a boy with a ring in his eyebrow an' blue hair. Too good fer a stetson? How 'bout a ball cap? Or does yer taste run along the lines of dred locks an' berrets?
<br>xxxxxxxx
<br>
<br>Mule
<br>
<br>Well ifn ya need some leanin' on thet sorta stuff, visit the fellers at Shooters. They seem to have good advic on such thangs. It figurs thet a feller what cain't walk good an' spends all his time writin' stead of doin' would be limited on givin' such advice. Reckin' I won't bother yer lil' mutual admirashun group here with serious questions no mor. Yuppie pavement pounder wannabes mostly anyhoo.
<br>xxxxxxxxxx
<br>
<br>Mule
<br>
<br>Now thet werent so hard was it? Sounded a lil' like the intro part of a reloadin' manul, but probly best to err on the safe side 'round these parts. I'll take yer advic as a peace offerin'. Too bad you chose to take a poke afor partin'. Even a feller in a wheelchair can git on a high horse. Jus don't spect the whole world to look up.
<br>
<br>Mule
<br>xxxxxxxxxxx
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Flies it dies
<br>
<br> I didn't like the last one either. And I believe I let him know what I thought specifically in regards to that post. The stuff with Greenhorn, well, if you included his posts it becomes clear it was back and forth. If one is quilty than both are. So thats a wash. The 2nd to last came after he was getting flamed roundly. Pretty common for everybody to get their shorts in a knot under fire. I quess I just have a real hard time holding grudges. I can severly dislike a person, but usually for just a short time. Those I truly dislike becomes a lifetime affair, and fortunately it doesn't happen often. I have a excellent memory and there is nothing selective about it. We just interpret and view things differently. All in all pretty normal, no? I quess I'm just used to folks a little rough around the edges. Doesn't rub me to hard. If neccessary I can give it and take it equally well, just roll with the punches. Too much energy invloved to hate folks. dempsey

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One's manner of speech (accent) has nothing to do with how they spell.
<br>Spelling properly, and pronouncing what we read, are two different things.
<br>Mitch seems intent on spelling his accent, as if he were actually talking to you in person. What he don't realize, is he's writing/talking to a computer screen. He makes sure to spell out his accent, so as to create some persona, one that he wants everyone to accept as if it were really him, and not a computer screen.
<br>How we spell, and how we pronounce, are two different things, don't confuse them... unless you're cuzzinmitch, cuzz he don't know better. ~~~Suluuq

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"To all the Proper talkin, politically correct, pink pantie wearin , self important egotistical knotheads out there:"
<br>
<br>Compadres, I just reread cussinitch and realized this is all a mistake. He was addressing "...all the Proper talkin, politically correct, pink pantie wearin , self important egotistical knotheads out there:", not anyone on this forum.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dempsey:
<br>
<br>Again, not the way it happened, if your memory is nearly as good as you claim then you should remember that Muleskinner gratuitously insulted Greenhorn because of his post regarding Texas heart shots which was not directed at Muleskinner and was posted in a humorous vein, and you will further find that Muleskinner instantly insulted anyone who didn't agree with his view, and that included Greenhorn who replied in kind, and better. But, the initial shots were fired by Muleskinner which is almost always what has occurred. Admitedly not all of his posts are acerbic but way too many are, and I don't have to accept it meekly and say "well, I'm used to people that are rough around the edges". I'm used to them too, but it doesn't make their company polite or pleasant to be around.
<br>
<br>As for the second to last post, he was getting flamed because of his first post, "Who the hell is..." and that is typical of him. Do you go up to someone's house, knock on the door, and say, "Who the F... do you think you are, having a house here?". How to win friends......
<br>
<br>Stating that I don't like a poster is a long ways from hate. I don't like a lot of democrats, but I don't hate many of them. Actually none, or at least none just because they are a democrat.
<br>
<br>

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Flies it Dies
<br>
<br> I hate Billary [Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
As to the rest of it, we see things a little different, if didn't know who he was prior to his postings I might sway your direction.

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never met a person who had trouble reading and writing who was proud of the fact.pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As my mind races IMMEDIATELY to braggin' on "World Class Humpies"!....................(GRIN)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.