-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Austin is full of people that are not road savvy enough to not get run over if it weren't for the police. I use the term "road savvy", because most of my clientele are stone stupid and still don't run out in traffic.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe there's video of the event.

Austin cops are obviously slacking since the videographer didn't die from a double tap to the chest, and have the video confiscated to protect its integrity...

At the very least, the videographer deserved a beatdown/tazing...

wink grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Officer Pork Chop and officer Tin Badge should be commended for ridding the streets of Austin of jaywalkers, they're almost as bad as those hillbilly terrorists living in the rocky crags of the mountains of Ashcanistan......why didn't a drone take that woman out and save those officers the trouble of having to put down their donuts??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Officer Pork Chop and officer Tin Badge should be commended for ridding the streets of Austin of jaywalkers, they're almost as bad as those hillbilly terrorists living in the rocky crags of the mountains of Ashcanistan......why didn't a drone take that woman out and save those officers the trouble of having to put down their donuts??

some of it does come down on higher ups....last mayor we had was constantly telling the police chief to crack down on petty BS stuff that would take up their time and take them away from doing useful chit.....but damn if we didnt have people loitering in our city parks smirk

suring the meetings i was sitting next to the police chief and every time he would roll his eyes cause it sure in the hell wasnt what he wanted to take up his time with but his boss said otherwise crazy damn mayor was more concerned with littering and people hanging out in the parks all day than anything else.....so glad he is gone....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Jeff, I agree about PSAs and grace periods for new or weird laws. But "Don't run out in traffic" is pretty basic stuff. My kids have got it down anyway.

Oh I agree on that one. I"ve damn near hit folks because they think they can walk out any time and place and be right... heck we rolled up to Wmart a few weeks ago, code 3, with the engine, actually to grab an officer for a large gas leak... .folks walked right out in front of the engine, to used to not paying attention... Granted I had flipped the siren off about 3 rows away from the front door, but folks stare at you as if, you won't run me over....

But then again I'm still convinced would she have stopped and answered the question, the end result probably would have been much different.

I ain't calling LEO dogs... but if you run from a dog.... don't be surprised when you get bit. And it was all in your control basically.

I disagree with you on the new or weird laws only... especially if you have not been enforcing with the same effort as anything else. If you are goign to start doing what you have not... I personally feel you should start easy...
BUT I've been in the same exact shoes.... and I have a job. To do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scenario: it's 1775 and the British redcoats harass American colonists for crossing streets at locations not approved by decree from King George III........

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A few years back we started getting a rash of MVAs involving big trucks onone road. At a council meeting. People were up in arms about the trucks causing all of these accidents. So we were directed to target the area for traffic enforcement.
While doing this a few of us put together a survey of the traffic norms at different times of the day. Over the three week period we condicted the argeted enforcement, we noticed two things. One: the traffic sirvey showed us that the big trucks were not having traiifoc violations and most of the time were operating under the posted speed limit. 2: the passenger vehicles were issued 39 cotations in a three week period. Violations ranged from simple things such as failing to obey traffic control devices, to major over speed violations

The part of the ordeal that steuck me funny was that the same people who wete complaining at the council meeting were the same people we were citing, yet they continued to want blame laid at the big trucks simply, as one resident put it, " they should be ticketed just because they are loud and shouldn't be on this road.

During that three week period there were 5 accidents. Of those. It was determined that one of them was caused by a big truck

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i miss the old Austin before all the hippies took over.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
What's stupid? The city has a j-walking ordinance. Nobody has campaigned to remove it so it's the law. When a person violates the law, he must identify himself or be arrested. It's that simple. She refused to obey the law and those were the consequences. If you don't like a law, take steps to have it repealed or leave. She did neither.

Just because its a law doesn't make it a just law.

Then you should trot your ass down to city hall and lobby for the repeal of said law. Not break it at will or condemn those that enforce it.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She had "toe shoes" and looked like one of the Hanson brothers.

This is a non-issue.
[Linked Image]

Her sunglasses on the ground in front of her almost looked like two giant snails head butting each other.

I'm beginning to enjoy this far-sightedness. Livens up the browsing.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
What's stupid? The city has a j-walking ordinance. Nobody has campaigned to remove it so it's the law. When a person violates the law, he must identify himself or be arrested. It's that simple. She refused to obey the law and those were the consequences. If you don't like a law, take steps to have it repealed or leave. She did neither.

Just because its a law doesn't make it a just law.

Then you should trot your ass down to city hall and lobby for the repeal of said law. Not break it at will or condemn those that enforce it.

You're right. Screw the fact our elected officials, law enforcement, judiciary etc. etc. swear an oath to uphold and defend the constitution. Just because I am forced to pay the taxes for their salaries, why should I have any expectation of them actually following through on that oath. Crap man, that whole separation of powers is way overrated, they're just doing their jobs, rights? Just like pres. barry?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do jaywalking laws conflict with the Constitution?

your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Jaywalking ordinances are unconstitutional?

You're right. Screw the fact our elected officials, law enforcement, judiciary etc. etc. swear an oath to uphold and defend the constitution. Just because I am forced to pay the taxes for their salaries, why should I have any expectation of them actually following through on that oath. Crap man, that whole separation of powers is way overrated, they're just doing their jobs, rights? Just like pres. barry?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Who is the victim caused by the act of jaywalking?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should there be speed limits around elementary schools and should crossing guards be able to stop traffic in those areas?

your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

The exasperated Chief throws up his hands because the citizens of one of the safest cities in the country can't find anything else to gripe about but cops arresting a special snowflake that refused to say "My name is ______".

That's all she had to do....."My name is _______".

Allegedly that's what might have happened. I heard it from my neighbor's cousin.

Oh well hell, she should answered and said my name is Hillary Clinton, seriously, I get teased all the time, I'm even a republican, can you imagine that?

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If I hit a jaywalker, I'm the victim.

My car will be damaged, my insurance company will be harmed, and I'm going to be shaken, upset and in need of alcohol.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It absolutely amazes me that people that draw the word "unconstitutional" like a gun completely skip over the fact that the constitution was written to protect us from the Federal Govt, it tells what the fed . Govt cannot do to us, not the state Or local govt

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Should there be speed limits around elementary schools and should crossing guards be able to stop traffic in those areas?

Not the same. Obviously the potential for someone getting hurt/injured is much higher, again, context.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tjm10025

If I hit a jaywalker, I'm the victim.

My car will be damaged, my insurance company will be harmed, and I'm going to be shaken, upset and in need of alcohol.

Yep, already laws, pre-jaywalking, dealing with property damage, mental injury. Forced into alcohol consumption? not so much.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (17Hunter, 1OntarioJim, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 27 invisible), 1,333 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.