Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by mystro

The shotpistol is alot like giving a Bic lighter to a caveman. 8 out of 10 will see its usefulness but there will always be those 2 caveman that will scratch their ass with the lighter as they rub two sticks together.

Bahaha.

Roundball loads can be fired from a normal revolver - for instance a 44 Mag will take three .429" sized and flattened balls, a 38 Special three 35 caliber balls.

Normal revolvers can fire shot capsules for snakes.

So just where is the huge step up in usefulness?

GB1

M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks Bea175, your take is exactly correct. Its been that way with this idea. I was on the other side of the fence until I experimented with one. I am fine with the take it or leave it argument. What is so disturbing is how the "My way is the only way" mentality is forced down from such a condescending place from only a few. The "I'm right and have to have the last word". Its rather pathetic. If you like the idea, great because this is the right thread. If you dont, move on and find something else to contribute positively to.

Originally Posted by bea175
My take on this thread is, you either like the concept of a handgun that fires shot shells or you don't

Watch what Hickok45 says about the Shotpistol (and this is with a lower quality Judge).....

Last edited by mystro; 02/26/14.

The Lord loves humility.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not really my way is the only way...more like my way is the only one that makes sense.

The Judge and Governor are examples of a pi$s poor fix to a problem that never was.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think the carbine version (of the judge anyway) is neat.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What is so disturbing is how the "My way is the only way" mentality is forced down from such a condescending place from only a few. The "I'm right and have to have the last word". Its rather pathetic. If you like the idea, great because this is the right thread. If you dont, move on and find something else to contribute positively to.

I don't understand why disagreeing with your opinion regarding a handgun is "disturbing."

What I'm saying is that this handgun is simply a poor choice for anything at all. It does nothing well, and everything poorly. If you can explain why .36 cal balls are an improvement over modern day HP's, or why bird shot surpasses a Keith style wadcutter, I'm all ears.

Who is Hickock 45?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ah yes, the enduro motorcyle -- both on and off-road capable. Can do both, but neither well........ I would rather bank on an "ordinary" revolver, but that's just me.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Who is Hickock 45?

An old TN guy with a penchant for shooting Glocks very well, has a steel plate range in his backyard, and makes a lot of video's covering a lot of handguns.

I don't think he's ever shot a gun he didn't like so his opinion on them all is pretty much "they're fun"...

Not exactly a quality reviewer...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by deflave
Who is Hickock 45?

An old TN guy with a penchant for shooting Glocks very well, has a steel plate range in his backyard, and makes a lot of video's covering a lot of handguns.

I don't think he's ever shot a gun he didn't like so his opinion on them all is pretty much "they're fun"...

Not exactly a quality reviewer...
He's a pretty good old boy. Him not being a quality reviewer may be a bit harsh, but he's probably more on the "fun" side than the hardcore one. His range is pretty awesome. I've seen him do woodswalks before shooting zombie targets and such with AK's, shotguns, Garands and what-have-you. He must have a bit of land besides just the range. I thought he'd been a teacher who retired but then there have been people who've said he's an ex LEO. Maybe he's been both.

His Judge YouTube video is pretty good, but he missed some things. The beginning is awesome though. My kids loved it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
I want a Governor or Judge in 12 ga 3.5 inch
Smith actually produced one in 28 gauge. I know 'cause I saw pics of it on the internet...

Anyway, I did see some pics. The story I got was that the 410 was acceptable to the ATF because it was the same bore diameter as an existent cartridge, the 45 Colt. They supposedly declined the 28 ga. because no existent cartridge would fit. To the best of my recollection anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe I'm wrong. Here's a link to the Raging Judge in that gauge. I sure thought I saw pics of the Governor in that gauge but maybe it's the Raging Judge.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ng-judge-counters-smith-wesson-governor/

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" defense is always a good one when there are no facts to fall back on. whistle

M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
What are you talking about??? What facts are you babbling about?? 4 projectiles produce more trauma than one when executed at the same time. Especially in a concentrated area. Thats physics at work. The same would apply to any 000buck in a 12gauge but obviously in a more powerful level.
I give a actual video of performance. Like it or not, it was a example of what ammo is out there and how it performs with the Governor. At least I am doing somthing constructive.
Its not my or any other members job to convince you of anything. You seem to think everyone owes you this. You also seem to relish confrontations and pissing matches. Do you ever contribute anything other than to flutter about giving your 2 cents?? From what I can tell that's all you ever do and put up nothing on the forum.

Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" defense is always a good one when there are no facts to fall back on. whistle

The Lord loves humility.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post the results of your penetration tests.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I think the carbine version (of the judge anyway) is neat.

I like the version where the rounds are tube fed rather than using a cylinder and it has a stock and a 28" twelve gauge barrel and an inertia driven semi-auto action.

M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Youtube is full of them. Not that its my job but....
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Post the results of your penetration tests.

One with a Judge

One with a rifle

One in a Derringer.

The Lord loves humility.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just a novelty piece.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've never been drawn to these type of revolvers. I have some Glocks, and a Rem 870.

But a couple positive thoughts I have about them,

- Between all the varieties of 45acp, 45Colt, and 410; a person might be likely to score SOME type of ammo it could be fed when supplies are lean.

- With the long cylinder, the 45acp/colt ammo is getting a long running start before hitting the gap. Velocity should be fairly good, and flame-cutting at the gap should be very low seeing how pressure is going to be well past peak.

- simple manual of arms, and versatility in ammo might serve a non-enthuast well enough for home defense tool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting buckshot with a rifle has zero bearing on the conversation.

Shooting gel with the Judge and not measuring penetration or the wound cavity isn't a penetration test.

I'm talking about an actual measurable penetration test that we can compare to other rounds and commonly accepted minimum standards for penetration.

Not that its my job but....

You're the guy asserting that this is a viable self defense weapon, so yeah....it is your job to verify what you're saying.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4 projectiles produce more trauma than one when executed at the same time. Especially in a concentrated area.

That's only true when comparing like projectiles. Buckshot and HP's ain't like projectiles.

M
mystro Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Meh, I blew a 165lbs pigs skull apart. That was good enough for me.
The job of your own convincing is up to you and if you are really interested in knowing.

The purpose of the thread and video was for owners of this and similar shot pistols. Not to convert the non believers.
I am totally fine of any forum member chooses not to use it. I respect their choice just like I hope they would respect the choice of those members that like the shotpistol concept.

The Lord loves humility.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,682
Posts18,513,435
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.