Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,310 of 1,842 1 2 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Ford has their own set of problems. Just like everyone else...

smile

Hey, I've got no problem if you want to drive inferior products. grin

I will probably be getting a truck in late summer/early fall. Top of the list so far is the Ram 1500. I drove one a few weeks back and liked it a lot. A lot more than I thought I would.

The explorer is great and I like that more than I thought I would as well. But I need a truck for the stuff we like to do after school. The Explorer just isn't built for the type of playing/hauling/ I do.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Gonna need about a 10 ft. extension on the old auger!

I won't. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Don't know if I should keep it or dump it before it bleeds me dry. Kinda hard to put all that money into it and just get rid of it. When do you draw the line?

Yeah that's a tuff one. You could keep it and not have anymore trouble or it could bleed you dry. There is no way to tell.

There's a pretty good indicator right up on the grill it will bleed you dry. Hop out and go look at the grill. If it has a "bow tie" on it, break out the wallet. laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Weren't you the guy that bought a 2011? F-150 and complained about it?

laugh

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi everyone! First and foremost BMan great, great news on Cole!!!! And GG I hope your recovery goes fast and smooth. I apologize for the long winded post but I told myself if I finished all 2600 + pages I would post. They say people cross paths for a reason but it hits home here. I have been reading this thread for the last month and a half and boy let me tell ya. This has been some of the best therapy a person could ever get lol. The laughs the losses the stories. It really is just like sitting up at camp or hell around the table at Christmas. I am a 35 year old city kid that runs to the north central mountains of Pennsylvania to get away from all the creepiness down here. I am unfortunately stuck in this mess until I figure out how to be an IT Director for a decent sized law firm and not be in a city somewhere. I have had a bit of a kick in the a$$ this year with mom getting diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer on Christmas. I am an only child since I was 6 years old and my 12 year old brother was killed by a drunk driver. My dad split when I was 2 didn�t know him so no worries there lol. Dealing with it is overwhelming at times while trying to maintain a normal life as a newlywed. Her spirits are great and has good days and bad. But it�s tough watching your hero fight such a horrible disease.

Finally got mom out of the hospital in the beginning of January which was great and had a trip lined up to Mexico with the wife and some friends that was an awesome diversion of reality for a week only to come home and get a call 5 minutes after I landed that my 43 year old cousin/ hunting partner took a nap and never woke up. He was the reason I started hunting as a kid. With no real male role models I didn�t have the chance but then Freddy changed all that. We had our ups and downs as usual but as the years wore on he stopped hunting and spent his time in the bottle and we stopped hunting together quite a few years back. I stopped hunting for a long time but got back up on the horse three years ago and couldn�t be happier. I did manage a nice buck this year and will attach a couple pics. I just wanted to thank you Dave for creating this hideout and all of you guys and girls for sharing the tough times with the good. It may seem like ramblings at times but I guess ya never know who�s reading it and whose day you are helping along. I think I am going to stick around for a while if that�s ok� you guys seem like some good eggs�

Kevin

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Welcome Kevin!

Wow that was a heckuva first post! Very sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll send some prayers her way.

OH and NICE buck!

Last edited by Rooster7; 03/03/14.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

laugh

Nope. I sold the 2011 F-150 they wouldn't let me cut it in half. Same reason I sold my boat, and two sweet guns. frown

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Throw a log on and stay awhile Kevin.

You certainly are having a rough go of it. It gets better, but it takes a long time man. I lost my hunting partner and best buddy...My uncle Rick when I was 11. Leukeima took him too soon, 36. Then my buddy Lucas. Hell, everyone on here has had a lot of the same issues.

We're a cool group. Swap a lot of stories, never any lies though. Those are for the fishing forum. grin

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by tzone
Throw a log on and stay awhile Kevin.

You certainly are having a rough go of it. It gets better, but it takes a long time man. I lost my hunting partner and best buddy...My uncle Rick when I was 11. Leukeima took him too soon, 36. Then my buddy Lucas. Hell, everyone on here has had a lot of the same issues.

We're a cool group. Swap a lot of stories, never any lies though. Those are for the fishing forum. grin

Thanks for the welcome guys. Definitely been a rough one so far but just have to take it day by day. I think reading this thread pretty much daily and seeing so many go through it over the last few years and come out on top helps some but also some of the shenanigans are just too funny.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

laugh

Nope. I sold the 2011 F-150 they wouldn't let me cut it in half. Same reason I sold my boat, and two sweet guns. frown

Oh suuuure. Shut down my chit given with a dose of reality before I can even get started! smile

I thought you did have some mechanical issues with that truck though didn't you Tom?

Last edited by Rooster7; 03/03/14.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nothing mechanical. I had some work done on the rear doors that kept rattling like a mofo once I hit about 10k miles.

I didn't have it long enough to have mechnical issues. I sold it afte 10 months and 21K miles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin-

Welcome to the fire, my friend. Anyone who's been through some rough times will find lots of company here. We all have our ups and downs-some discussed and known here, some we choose to keep to our selves or have chosen to share with a select few who we have come to trust. You will find that Dave and his crew of merry men are top shelf all the way. Some of us are just hanger's on here-knowing a good thing when we see it, and just going along for the ride. Dave doesn't care, all are welcome here.

Where about's in Pa are your stomping grounds? I've got a deer shack in Clearfield County between Penfield and Sabula on Boone Mountain near Finley Hollow.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dvagain8orsomthingerother that's a nice buck!

I kilt its twin all the way down here in Oklahoma Sooner territory!

Sorry about your mom dude that's tough for sure . My parents are in they're mid 80s both are tougher than woodpecker lips but I see them slowing down daily .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mule1
Dvagain8orsomthingerother that's a nice buck!

I kilt its twin all the way down here in Oklahoma Sooner territory!

Sorry about your mom dude that's tough for sure . My parents are in they're mid 80s both are tougher than woodpecker lips but I see them slowing down daily .

And if you get nothing else off this thread, you will get a good quote to steal/borrow once in awhile! LOL tougher than woodpecker lips! I love it!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome Kevin. Darn nice buck.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hi Kevin!

Welcome to Deer Camp. Sorry for your Mom. Hope for the best for her. If you read this whole thread you know how/why it was begun. You are where you need to be.

Congrats on that nice buck. That's a fine buck for PA. I've been looking for one like that in PA for many years.

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Welcome Kevin! And nice buck! Good stuff here...you'll like it.

BTW, I prefer to shoot smaller deer. Less of those pesky antlers being caught on saplings during the drag that way.
laugh whistle blush

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Any you boys runnin a late model F-150? If so, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? Had an Expedition with a 5.4 and I might as well had direct deposit go to the gas station. Anything to avoid?

Momma is fed up with all the Tahoe bills lately. Especially when it comes at the cost of new carpeting for you know who. Never had a pick-up before because I've always needed an enclosed cabin for business - still do. Plus, I'm not sure if my knees can take crawling around in the back. What cartilage I have left is like kneeling on gravel. But I took a look at one of those Lariats and they sure are purty. whistle

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
II didn't see that buck until I got off the work computer. She's a Beaut Clark!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Know a guy with a 2013 Ram with the small hemi that gets 22 MPG. Downside of the hemi is the plugs last only 30K and there are 2 per cylinder.

Also have a friend with 2013 F150. No idea what he gets for mileage, but I'll email him and let you know.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 1,310 of 1,842 1 2 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,810
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.