Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
I can't think of a big enough reason NOT to use a suppressor ... other than the red tape. the red tape is what keeps me from investing in one.

Those that don't own a suppressor are the ones that b1tch about the "red tape".

Just sent off for another stamp ....... AAC M4-2000.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those that don't own a suppressor are the ones that b1tch about the "red tape".

Or they don't want the added weight. Or they can't afford it and other things they want. Or....

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I have no use for one.

Suppressors increase weight, do absolutely nothing for recoil reduction as compared to a brake, and cost a fortune.

Worthless.

No first hand experience, huh?

Best for you to not educate yourself on the fact that you can use a brake with the several suppressor QD mounting options available.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: rcamuglia
I have no use for one.

Suppressors increase weight, do absolutely nothing for recoil reduction as compared to a brake, and cost a fortune.

Worthless.

No first hand experience, huh?

Best for you to not educate yourself on the fact that you can use a brake with the several suppressor QD mounting options available.

Different statements. Check his again.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Huh??

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You posted a brake and be ADDED. That's different than what he posted. He posted the can does not reduce recoil like a brake.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot rifles with cans. The only advantage is that they are quiet. I would still wear plugs though.

Compared to a Score High Brake, cans on the same rifle chambering have more recoil without a doubt. Their added weight may reduce recoil if that matters.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I have no use for fake titties....

Fake titties increase weight, do absolutely nothing for bytching reduction as compared to real titties, and cost a fortune.

Worthless.

Kinda the same thing..... but somehow I recon your feelings are to the contrary.

My trust will be ready tomorrow...

Fake titties increase weight, do absolutely nothing for bytching reduction as compared to real titties, and cost a fortune.

Worthless.

Kinda the same thing..... but somehow I recon your feelings are to the contrary.

I like all titties including the fake.

My titty preference hierarchy:

1. Huge, firm, REAL titties. The newer the better
2. Regular issue REAL titties
3. Small REAL titties
4. Huge, soft FAKE titties
5. FAKE titties

Don't tell my girlfriend. grin

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I currently own 5 cans and have three more in the works (guess I own them, but they're in NFA jail at the moment). Brakes are for cars. Buy a suppressor and enjoy recoil reduction and retain your hearing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've shot rifles with cans. The only advantage is that they are quiet. I would still wear plugs though.

Compared to a Score High Brake, cans on the same rifle chambering have more recoil without a doubt. Their added weight may reduce recoil if that matters.

Good grief. Yes, the sole purpose of a suppressor is to suppress muzzle noise and the best ones do this with only 95% efficiency wink

Science have yet to defeat nature's physics. Meaning, you will still hear the sonic (1050 fps+) boom/crack of the bullet.

P.S. I could offer my services if not for the hostility.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by clark98ut
I currently own 5 cans and have three more in the works (guess I own them, but they're in NFA jail at the moment). Brakes are for cars. Buy a suppressor and enjoy recoil reduction and retain your hearing.

I like suppressors ...... but EIGHT?? Hmmm?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1x 338cal precision can
1x 308cal precision can
1x 5.56 dedicated SBR can
1x 45cal can
1x 9mm can
3x rimfire cans

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is required and how much to budget for one 30 caliber, 1 rimfire (mid-range cost) and the paperwork?

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My .30 cal can ran me 650, my 5.56 can ran me 550. Two tax stamps 400......saving my hearing. PRICELESS!!!! I use Silencertech suppressors.

It's nice go take my kids to the range and have them use one. Especially with new shooters, it reduces their "flinch" instinct.

I will save up and buy a few more. Most of my rifles are threaded now.

There is some added weight, yes, but the benefits outweigh the added 14oz.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RDW
What is required and how much to budget for one 30 caliber, 1 rimfire (mid-range cost) and the paperwork?

Two grand will buy high quality cans and take care of your tax stamp and trust paperwork.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by RDW

Two grand will buy high quality cans and take care of your tax stamp and trust paperwork.

My Trust, stamp, and SAS Arbiter can was $1250 all said and done. If I'd have gone with a cheaper can, I could have done it for a grand.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep, a guy can sure get it done for cheaper than $2000 for two cans, but I figure that's a good number to budget for, and go from there.

For instance, a quick look at Silencer Shop shows a person could spend as little as $740 for a 30 cal can and 22 can combined, but that may or may not get the sound suppression and quality one is looking to purchase.

A Thunderbeast 30-P1, Silencerco Sparrow, and paperwork will be right around two grand when all is said and done, depending much on how much one wants to spend on a trust.

Last edited by prairie_goat; 12/25/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Worthless.

If you like hunting coyotes, you will be asking yourself why you didn't do this sooner...I will never hunt coyotes again without a suppressor.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
A Thunderbeast 30-P1, Silencerco Sparrow, and paperwork will be right around two grand when all is said and done, depending much on how much one wants to spend on a trust.

These were my first two cans, and I wouldn't change a thing, even now 3 years later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how does one go about setting up a trust?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 35 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.