Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We've seen how this works.

Cops posture that they are with us and the Constitution and complain about restriction, until they get some special law enforcement only exemption naming them a special privileged class. They, then, lace up their jackboots, slip on their vest, and enforce tyranny.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The State (Politicians) know that as of right now they DO NOT have the backing of the Majority of the state police. Hence why no action has been taken. Of course all the "all knowing armchair quarterbacks" on here know that they (state police) will just follow orders.

There are a few in the state police that will follow orders to either ensure their career or to enhance it. The reality is that they are a minority and the state knows that.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The reality is that they are a minority and the state knows that.

I'm sure they had the foresight to consider that before they passed the law also. Democrats rely heavily on the UN for fatherly advice, don't they?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will start with a few doing it then the rest will have their jobs threatened for not doing it. Remember they were only following orders. Lets hope some of them get shot at the first house!

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I like that John Cinque fellow.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
We've seen how this works.

Cops posture that they are with us and the Constitution and complain about restriction, until they get some special law enforcement only exemption naming them a special privileged class. They, then, lace up their jackboots, slip on their vest, and enforce tyranny.
Yep.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Actually NO! They (Democrats) thought that all would just comply. When they got the slap in the face they were shocked. They then scrambled to see what they could do. This is were the letter came into play. At that time they were ready to move forward. Once it reached the State Police and the brass there informed them (State Dems), that this will be a very hard sell to rank and file officers. The state backed down. Right now the State doesn't know what to do. They are hoping for leadership from the Federal government, but so far have not received it. I was told by someone in the know that part of the plan for Obama to visit CT last week was disguised as minimum wage campaign but to talk about pushing forward the confiscation.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
As for police folding on it. Highly unlikely. The first officer fired or relieved of duty will start the law suit. Once the law suit is started it only gets stronger with numbers. The State knows that and is very fearful of that. Hence why this so far has been handled with white gloves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can tell you what will put more pressure on LEO's whether they like it or not and that is judges issuing search warrants.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would like to believe that police will not follow unconstitutional orders, but my life experience and history shows that police have not been staunch defenders of personal liberty nor upholders of constitutional rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hence why I said what are they going to do when judges start issuing search warrants. Do you think they will refuse them too ?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Hence why I said what are they going to do when judges start issuing search warrants. Do you think they will refuse them too ?
A judge's search warrant is an authorization to search, not an order to search.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I take little solace in hearing that a CT police officer won't comply with an order to confiscate from the same people who said there's no way any state could ever pass a law requiring registration.

Not pointed at anyone in particular but when the state's already 1/2 down the slope, I just don't believe they're gonna stop.

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The authorization would follow a request from someone on the enforcement side. There is no way it wouldn't be executed.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The authorization would follow a request from someone on the enforcement side. There is no way it wouldn't be executed.
Agreed. Just clarifying the point. No doubt the order may be given, and if given, it will be executed by the police.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
As for police folding on it. Highly unlikely. The first officer fired or relieved of duty will start the law suit. Once the law suit is started it only gets stronger with numbers. The State knows that and is very fearful of that. Hence why this so far has been handled with white gloves.

Those pesky unions might come in handy after all, darn'd double edge swords

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Search warrants are court orders not suggestions Hawk.

Search Warrant

A court order authorizing the examination of a place for the purpose of discovering contraband, stolen property, or evidence of guilt to be used in the prosecution of a criminal action.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Search Warrant

A court order authorizing the examination of a place for the purpose of discovering contraband, stolen property, or evidence of guilt to be used in the prosecution of a criminal action.
Look up the word authorizing and get back to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Search Warrant

It is an authorization to search, not an order to do so. One can have authorization to do something and not have to do it at all (i.e., I may have authorization to hunt a certain property, but whether I choose to do so is my decision).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.