Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I am dealing on a Winchester Model 70 SA (post 64) in caliber 22-250 Remington.
I have never seen one of these before.
It is a heavy 24" barreled varmint type Rifle with a laminated "Marksman" style brown stock.
The action is blued but the 24" heavy barrel is stainless and the inscription is marked "Winchester Model 70 SA 22-250 Rem.".
The serial number is G30219xx.
It has a black recoil pad and one black covered plastic looking dot in the stock, in the area of the action, this dot is reminiscent of the recoil crossbolt covers of yore.
The bolt has two 1/4" drilled holes in the body of the bolt and there is no claw type extractor on the bolt.
If anyone has seen one of these or knows anything about them I would appreciate any input - especially as to values or date of manufacture.
The action appears to be shorter than what I would consider standard action length?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a 7 digit model 70 coyote. It being a 7 Digit probably a 05 or 06 production

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=001C&mid=535956

Last edited by 79S; 03/06/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Bingo, 79S , I had one in 7mmWSM that sat on a LGS shelf for 2 1/2 years, I was able to buy it at his cost, I bought 5 boxes of ammo at a gunshop in Tallahassee FL and took it to a range in Coonbottom FL, one of the factory ammos shot lights out, it was the heavy for cal ammo and a law enforcement guy watched me shoot it, I had put a Leupold 36X scope on it that I use to check every gun I buy ,just to see what the gun 'will do' this fellow just had to have the gun and had a pocket of 100 dollar bills to back it up, I dug around and found a leupold allen wrench, pulled the scope and it was his, gun, base and rings empty hulls and unfired ammo! If memory serves I came out 300 bucks ahead... I just could not warm up to SS barrel on blue action and laminate stock. for a while the 7 WSM wqas a hot number on the long distance shooters. I still have a .223wssm and a 25wssm coyote lite that has hammered many a whitetail. very best

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
79S: That link you provided is EXACTLY the Rifle I am dealing on!
I have earmarked that link and it answers most all my questions about the Rifle and you added the dates of manufacture!
Thank you very much.
For SOME unknown reason I thought the Winchester Model 70 "Coyotes" were marked on the barrel "Coyote" I was obviously wrong in that assumption which came from I don't know where.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Winchesterpoor: I appreciate the encouraging words on the accuracy of your Rifle - I am interested in "shooting" this Winchester, where as most of the Winchesters I buy are for investment and pride of ownership purposes!
Your selling the Rifle, literally off the bench, reminds me of my life long friend Jack who lives out in Yelm, Washington.
Jack was left handed and LOVED Winchester pre-64 Model 94's. He liked to Hunt with them in the jungles of western Washington.
He claims to have owned and shot over 50 of these to date!
He kept searching for an extra accurate example it seems.
I have seen Jack go into the woods out there in Washington state with ONE Model 94 and come back to Hunting camp with TWO Model 94's!
He actually bought that Hunting Rifle off of a Hunter whilst the Hunter was out and about, Hunting!
And then some years later we sent him from the truck in the morning to Hunt a patch of doghair timber and he came out to the truck at the desiganted time with NO Rifle at all!
He had sold his 94 to another Hunter out in the woods - and, we were in Black Bear country!
Good for you on making the quick bucks - make hay, they say, while the sunshines!
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 38 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,156
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.