Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A good friend went through five hours of hemorrhoid surgery with no anesthetic of any kind. Think about it for a while and all your pain will seem like nothing. The doctor told him after the surgery that it was strange to talk with the patient while preforming the surgery, and the only time he had ever do it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh, I'm glad you are through it and on the recovery side. How long until you know the results?

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
1 week till I know the results. They had to send them to California for some parts.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, got you covered with prayer.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks. Just recuperating now.

Me

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Pain scale is meaningless as everyone's tolerance is different. And almost everyone who actually says that they have a "high pain tolerance", don't. The folks who actually do, they just don't mention it. Just my experience from over 20 years in the medical front lines.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I hope for your sake everything checks out and you start feeling better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duckster
Pain scale is meaningless as everyone's tolerance is different. And almost everyone who actually says that they have a "high pain tolerance", don't. The folks who actually do, they just don't mention it. Just my experience from over 20 years in the medical front lines.

also depends on what....never had headaches growing up....can stand alot more pain in my knees than in my head....well other than my jaws, last time i had work done at the dentist he said he would keep working as long as i could stand it...told him i dont have pain nerves in my teeth and told him he would get tired before i did and i was right laugh my wife can and has ignored pain to the point it becomes life threatening crazy but she has suffered from migraines since she was a teenager and thinks child birth was no big deal....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Comparing anything to child birth is BS.

I'd agree with this. Woman has a kid, within 2 years they're talking about having another one. No one would go through that much pain twice if it was that bad.

Kick a man in the nuts. No matter how much time nor whiskey goes by - he'll never say "you know, I'd like another swift kick in the nuts - let's do that again"

Used to work with a bunch of women in my late teens. One used to go on and on about how child birth was the worst possible pain a human could endure and how if a man had to go through it he would die.

One day I got tired of if and told her, "Lets go down to the burn center and ask someone who's having their burnt skin scrubbed off which is more painful". Not sure if I changed her mind, but she never brought it up around me again.

Teal, Glad you made it through it. I'm sure it was tough. Wishing you the best diagnosis next week.

Last edited by Steve; 03/20/14.

Carpe' Scrotum
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hip still hurts like hell - percocet's worn off and I'm reluctant to do another round.

Results should be in next Friday.

I have appointment for the Mayo Clinic on April 7 to see what's what with the feet issue. My luck I'll be pain free and ready to dance by then and it will be a waste. Kinda like how the car stops making that noise the second you pull in the service shop....

Me

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Here's hope for good news, Teal.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by teal
My luck I'll be pain free and ready to dance by then and it will be a waste.

Hoping for this, Andrew.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My pain level scale was forever altered about 20 years ago when I had a extra large thrombosed hemorrhoid lanced.

Actually, the lancing part didn't hurt, but the novocaine needle plunged into it beforehand caused me to make animal noises.

I had major surgery years later and they were giving me percocet and morphine for pain control afterwards and I was thinking, "What's all the fuss about? This is a piece of cake compared to having your bunghole cut on."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 10ring1, 75 invisible), 2,820 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,734
Posts18,494,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.