Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by NH K9
NH has a "compact area" stipulation so you have us there. We have you on public opencarry, though. Draw.......

George

I don't recall making any claims about NH.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What do you have to do to get a carry permit in Florida? Va?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Florida and Va are very similar on their shall issue rules. I don't know about Florida right off hand but, in Va, the county in which you apply has 45 days to "shall issue", otherwise it's essentially, de-facto issued by operation of law.

Last edited by isaac; 03/19/14.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

Many, even on outdoorsmans' sites, that believe themselves to be for individual rights and limited government need to rinse Obama's and Holder's suds out of their heads.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Isaac,

An article you might find interesting.

We also have a Castle Law/Stand Your Ground Law which I don't believe VA does. That in combo, is a huge positive.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/26/3895027/big-pine-key-homeowner-has-gun.html

[Linked Image]

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I just read that, the statute and a couple other stories similar to the one you linked for me. It will be interesting to see how the backyard scenario and the "reckless discharge" plays out in surrounding communities but, thus far, there doesn't appear to be one successful prosecution under the statute that I could find.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac
I just read that, the statute and a couple other stories similar to the one you linked for me. It will be interesting to see how the backyard scenario and the "reckless discharge" plays out in surrounding communities but, thus far, there doesn't appear to be one successful prosecution under the statute that I could find.

Yep, though it's actually a double edged sword. My community is in a situation where a guy bought land in between our subdivision and a fly in community and has been trying to get a public gun range approved. He's abusing the shyt out of the statute so far.

Being 1200 yards down range of an 8 foot berm doesn't leave a warm fuzzy feeling when they break out the full auto M-16's.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In time, someone may screw the privilege up for you but, for now, it's a privilege you enjoy from your Governor and AG on down.

If I went outside in my backyard right now and placed off a round into the dirt, I'd be arrested for reckless discharge.

You got us there, I admit.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm kind of thinking Collier County cops wouldn't be so understanding of the law were I to go to my mom's home in her community in Naples and fire off a round into the pool inside her lanai.

I'll let others be the last straw, I think.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God grief Bob, enough about shooting off in the dirt, pool, etc. WTF is a lanai? I feel all icky.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Mainer #1: Did you see daht? He had a gahn!

Mainer #2: Yah?

Mainer #1: Yah!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We win, if you can own a firearm you can carry open or concealed.
No permit required, the 2A just as it was written.

Unfortunately the founding fathers couldn't have foreseen how our society would twist and turn and didn't codify that the exercise of these rights comes with it responsibility and that one should act in a civilized manner. Not only self evident but not needing to be specifically written down that play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
The troopers responded to a call of a potential gun threat by some workers. The troopers had to respond. They didn't arrest the guy and did nothing in violation of the homeowner's rights. To make this out to be some violation of the 2A or police over-exuberance is hyperbolic silliness.

Total Agreement...

The officers responded to a call that for all intents and purposes sounded like something needing defusing. What they found was something completely different, and they left without incident.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Hard to tell this is a Pro 2nd Amendment site sometimes.

Yeah, no schitt.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not smart.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listening to people from the east coast argue about who has the most freedom is similar to listening to two retards arguing about which one is the most retarded. Which is to say, none of you poor people over there are the least bit free and you don't even know it.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by ranger1
Listening to people from the east coast argue about who has the most freedom is similar to listening to two retards arguing about which one is the most retarded. Which is to say, none of you poor people over there are the least bit free and you don't even know it.

Good idea, let's be totally offensive to each other when we are all fighting to keep our 2nd Amendment Rights. Sorry you have no freedoms in your no-coast Montana.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

.....and then a third retard joins in without having the slightest idea what he's discussing.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

MT has some pretty progressive laws. Nowhere near as many people, and a very friendly state as far as the 2nd Amendment is concerned, but they still pass some goofy schit here.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a tat on the "head of my jimmy" smirk and I've threaten to use it laugh...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.