Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last year, 50 in a 35, got a warning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nevada has a lot of empty... Seem to get pulled over every couple years. Usually speed, usually a warning.
When I was younger got a couple doozies, though.
138 in a 55, quite a few for exhibition of speed.
Lost my license a couple times, before I settled down and became a family man. Still drive some fast cars, just don't drive them fast.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
A couple weeks ago. Borrowed a big rig from a friend to haul a load of corn. Got pulled over for a routine inspection. Trooper wasn't happy when he saw I didn't have a CDL ( don't need one hauling agricultural goods within 150 miles of home). Spent 2 hours on the side of the road and had to call someone to come get me. He said "I think you violated every regulation in the book". I am going to fight it though.

I'd fight it as well. TX is pretty specific on that. Hauling your goods to or from your farm, within 150 miles - non-hazmat.

The only thing I can think of that might trip you up is where your friend's truck is registered - if he's more than 150 miles away from you, the inferrence is you've violated that radius from your farm. Or the fact that your farm doesn't own the truck used to haul the corn.

What is a Farm Vehicle Driver? (FMCSR 390.5)
A person who drives only a commercial motor vehicle that is

(a) Controlled and operated by a farmer as a private motor carrier of property;
(b) Being used to transport either �
(1) Agricultural products, or
(2) Farm machinery, farm supplies, or both, to or from a farm;
(c) Not being used in the operation of a for hire motor carrier;
(d) Not carrying hazardous materials of a type or quantity that requires the commercial motor vehicle to be placarded in accordance with 49CFR (Code of Federal Regulations), �177.823 of this subtitle; and
e) Being used within 150 air miles of the farmer's farm

They might make that bold part to mean you have to actually own and title the truck under your farm, can't borrow someone else's but I don't know.

I have a feeling you'll get off on the non-CDL thing but if he found anything wrong with the truck mechanically - you're getting clipped for that.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by fish head
Last time I got pulled over was in the late 80's. I got a ticket for doing 65 in a 55mph zone on a Nevada highway that's now has a 65 mph speed limit.

Jimmy Carter, that miserable, peanut-sucking POS, will burn in hell for the nationwide double-nickle.

Some of our younger members have no idea what it was like in those days.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What the hell is a warning ticket? Never heard of such a thing in this part of Ontario.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Last time I got pulled over was like the first time I got pulled over. Speeding both times�

Went like this LEO: I had you going 85 back there�

Me: Sounds about right..

LEO: You know the speed limit is only 65�

Me: Where do I sign?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody said that the older you get, the less of a challenge the speed limit is.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of the times I've been stopped for speeding, I'll bet I was only doing it intentionally 1 time. All the rest were due to simple inattentiveness.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get pulled over at least three or four times a year coming back from California, on some "reasonable cause". One was for going ONE mile over, coming over a hill.

Apparently I fit the profile of a drug runner.

Other than that, I get pulled over several times a year, usually because I am trying to find a radio station or something like that and hit one of the stripes... Never get a ticket, though.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got pulled over a few months ago by an azz-hat trooper who wanted to check the tint on my wife's Mustang. It was right on the line of being legal. He let me go, but was very unpleasant and arrogant.

Before that, it was a ticket in a school zone, right by my house. I drive through there all the time, but not usually at 2:00 in the afternoon. I couldn't figure out why I was getting pulled over, until the trooper asked me if I'd seen the school signs. Terrible speed trap, as it's a 55mph zone on a four-lane major highway, but it drops to 35mph during certain hours of the day. Needless to say, there were no kids present or school traffic present an hour before school lets out, but I got the ticket anyway. I've got no love for local troopers, but only because they've never shown me any. Local PD and Sheriff's Office have been nothing but pleasant and decent.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kkahmann
What the hell is a warning ticket? Never heard of such a thing in this part of Ontario.

Verbal warning or caution. Not a ticket.

My wife gets stopped about every other year or so and has NEVER gotten a ticket, regardless of the state.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Last year going through a small town pulling my horse trailer with my six wheeler in it. I kinda rolled thru a stop sign and did not see the cop behind me. She pulled me over, came up to my window for the usual driver license and registration. She came back up to the window and said, I have some good news and some bad news. I looked her over, pretty nice looking gal. I said OH, she said ya, I have rodeoed and if you would have had a full trailer of horses I would not have stopped you. I said ok. She said my tail lights were out too. I said damn plug. She said the good news is, I am not going to charge you for that. I said wow thanks. She said the bad new is my trailer license had expired and she was going to charge me for that. Damn. I sure should have asked her a bunch more questions. LOL

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What, nobody got a tasing incident or shot at by the cops??!! You would think one of our resident LEO bashers would have been here by now screaming about the injustices incurred when they were pulled over.

Or just maybe... it really is isolated? whistle

Nooo couldn't be.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I got pulled over last year for doing 59 in a 45 mph zone resulting in written warning. That was the first time I had been pulled over since 1997 or so.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On a bad streak, once annually for four years, last was last week. Sad thing is, sure I've exceeded the limit before, but at least three of four times it was to totallt an over sight.

60 in a 45; pulled onto rural state hwy from interstate, never saw sign WITH A BRANCH DRAPED OVER IT.

Passing a pair-abreast couple of lane hogs on four-lane; 75 in 60.

Cruising with I swear, middle of 10-15 cars in fast lane on x-country trip. Rueal four lane interstate speed trap. 75 in 60.

Forgot same rural four lane was 60mph speed trap and caught self going 80 (thinking it was 75 or so). Let off gas, wasn't meaning to speed . Smokey comes tearing across median like a scene from COPS chasing a violent criminal.

Can't win. Getting a tricycle.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a bartender for awhile before I left GA. Got pulled over ALOT leaving work at 2:30AM. Cant recall too many tickets though. Lots of DUI check points.

5 years in CO- can't remember once.

Last 8 years in WA- 4 times, all State Patrol. One time got pulled out for sobriety check. No issues there.
Twice for seat belts. Last kid was a douche +p. Thought for a second I was gonna get shot. Ticketed both times.
Once for I don't even know why. I waved when I passed him on his scooter shooting radar and he came after me. Nice enough fella.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was younger,much younger, I drove from South Florida to Rabun County, GA in a 1969 340 Barracuda. Started out at 60 mph on the turnpike but got to 80, then 90, then was cruising along at about 110 to 115. As I got to those winding roads up in GA I kept it down to about 75 or 80.

Never saw a cop, never got a ticket.

So any tickets I get now I figure are just long overdue...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
yesterday morning at 8:15. He pulled out behind me and followed no more than 100 yards. He asked me where's your tag I say on the front he says have a good day. He didn't even cheak my registration, proof of insurance or drivers license.

Damn law in Tn. is aggravating as all hell when it comes to where to put the tag on 3/4 ton or bigger. I have been pulled over at least 3 times lately because of that [bleep]. One cop insists that it goes on the back and another will make you move it to the front if your pulling a trailer. They need to issue two and leave us guys that drive work trucks the hell alone.

Cop was a nice guy, almost redeemed my faith in them,,, almost.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Was driving up to Monterey from Del Mar after a weekend of partying with some shipmates.

Boring ass drive and I was zoned out pretty good. Check the mirror and there's either Ponch or John (CHP) right on my bumper. I look down and I'm doing 98mph.

Cop simply pulled out, passed me and didn't even look at me at all.

Was like I was doing 50 and he wanted to do 55, cept I was doing 100....

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
About a week ago, and I'm still pizzed about it. Nailed me right after I passed an idiot on a bike who was doing 30 in a 45. No way I was doing 60... says I.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.