-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone tried the Kubota Zero Turn Mowers ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Craftsman and Husqvarna are made by the same manufacturer. Quality equipment, go for the best price. Poulan and Poulan Pro, same company also. I have a lot of customers mowing up to 5 acres with Husqvarna and Poulan Pro. If I was buying, I would stick to 46" cut max. Fewer deck problems, less maintenance, much better discharge. Marty

Last edited by ST50; 03/28/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've owned a few of the $1000 to $1500 tractors. They run. They cut grass. My yard isn't perfectly manicured, so they take a beating here. I get between 6-10 years on one if I do reasonable PM. My biggest gripe with them is lousy pulleys on the decks. No xerks to grease them. They need replaced frequently.

Bought a Cub a Cadet zero turn last summer. We'll see how it lasts comparatively speaking. Honestly, for the price difference, it should last three times as long to be a wash with the $1000 tractors on an annual basis? I think you pay the same no matter what. Replacement intervals just vary.

Stush
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought a 7-8 year old White mower last year for $100. It needed a drive pulley. Hydro, 48" with cleanout for deck. Seems to be a nice machine for what I have in it. The ride is far beyond that of our Craftsman. Much larger tires and better seat. But it has a Tecumseh which is really my only fear.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My biggest gripe with them is lousy pulleys on the decks. No xerks to grease them. They need replaced frequently.
That's definitely important. I have a Craftsman garden tractor that does have zerks. The problem is that to get to the center one, you have to remove the deck. To take it off and on takes about 30 min. It's easy to get lazy. They should put a removable floor plate on the tractor to access the mandrel.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Buy by the pound.

The rest comes down to who will be operating/maintaining the thing. If the person who's parting with thousands of $ is the one in the seat, they tend to last much, MUCH longer. If it's their offspring, or a hired hand� not so much. In other words, an owner-operator can get by with a less expensive machine.

FC

It will be the myself and or the wife, the offspring is almost 2 and the other 1 is 5 months. The 2 year old was fascinated by it last night, and climbed up on the seat, he's making engine noises at a 5th grade level.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my bad boy is only a 48in wide because i have to many trees close together to mow between. lowes does not sell real john deere mowers they are a cheap ass copy.i'd go to a dealer,the local ace hardware store carries the bad boy i bought along with a full service dept. only thing i would buy is a heavy deck,a welded one not stamped. zreo turns can mow at 6-7 mph and you can distroy a light deck. mine has a 1/4in thick deck,mower weight over 600lbs. i also would get a seat with fold armrests.these mowes are alot easier to control when you can rest your elbows on something solid. the model i bought came with the cheaper seat. i payed 149.99 for the thicker padded seat with armrests. i mow 2 acres at my houseand another 3/4 acre at my mother-in-laws weekly .my mowning time was cut in half with a zeroturn.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been riding/cutting around my place on a Craftsman for the last 15 years.
Hope it starts up next month. Right now it's sitting in my barn. I do NOT baby it.

So in 15 years did the old Craftsman ever brake down ? .... Of course
However I was always able to fix it myself. I'm too cheap to call Sears. grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not sure why this is so hard to understand, so I'll say it again. If you go to Lowes and buy a John Deere D105 for $1,500 it is the EXACT SAME John Deere D105 you will get from the Deer dealer, and you will likely pay the same $1,500 for it.

The local Deer dealer is the one who delivers them to Lowes and does the setup. There is no reason to buy from Lowes when the price is the same at the Deere dealer and they will treat you better to boot.

To reiterate, model for model, they are the exact same mower. The Deere dealer does sell high end models that Lowes does not, but that's like comparing a 3/4 ton Ford to a Ford Fiesta. They are both Fords, but that's about the end of the similarities.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't read the thread and don't have a suggestion as to what you should get...

...I can say avoid the Chub LT1050, in the running to be one of the biggest POS's on the frack'n planet.

Dave

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
We bought a Kubota 12 1/2 hp with a 42" deck and hydrostatic drive in 1996 for $2700.00. It has given us little trouble but it is currently in the shop for seeping engine oil. Kawasaki engine. The dealer quoted $3700.00 to replace it with a 2014 model with an 18 hp engine. I mow about an acre of grass somewhere between 30 and 50 times a year. I'd have no trouble recommending a Kubota.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 3,493 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,486
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.