Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by spj
Don't want to sound too sour but was hoping to have it for a hunt in November...

I order through their G&O program also. Must be a high demand scope to take that long.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't know who I talked to as far as what dept he specifically worked in, I did the automated deal and got product tech support or something of that nature. As of when I posted this thread he said it was received on the 11th but had no other status for me. It isn't the end of the world , I was just unaware that the repair times had increased so much that's why I started this thread. Like I said Earlier, it's been a few years since I had to have one fixed or any custom work done , but it never used to take take this long.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I sent a VX II 4-12 AO scope in for M1 turrets the first part if Feb. and had it back right at 2 weeks, still cost $129. Ordered a custom CDS dial for my VX6 and had it in 4 days, no charge. I'm happy with their CS and QC.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If it's legit Leupold will fix it, don't get in a hurry though

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got an email yesterday from Leupold CS about the scope I mailed on 2/26/14. They have received it and expect it to be shipped out next Tuesday. Not bad.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When you peddle junk, you get a backlog of repairs. whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my scope back today. 13 day turnaround from my USPS to Leupold back to my door with a new M1 turret installed. No complaints here.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I Just got a scope back from Leupold's repair dept. It had a broken erector in the scope. They got the scope in three days via the USPS. They called me to let me know they were beginning the work. I asked them if they could upgrade the reticle to a LR Duplex on the VX III while they were at it. They said no problem. $69.00, for the reticle upgrade, and 9 days from the time I sent my scope in, I had it back at my door. This included a weekend and two days of them waiting on a return call from me.

Not bad if you ask me....

Last edited by Wondermutt; 03/24/14.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
No one has had more practice at customer service than leupold.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
11 days turnaround last 2 times. Have another there now. All for CS options, none were broken.....

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I sent a VX-ll 6-18 in for a reticle issue about 3 weeks ago, shortly after Leupold received it I got a from a rep telling me that they did not have the parts needed to repair. She asked if they could send me a new in the box VX-2 6-18 to replace it. A week later I had a brand new scope in my hand. I would call that great customer service.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent in 2 scopes almost a month ago, one for repair and one to upgrade to M1 elevation knob. Never heard a thing and was starting to get pretty worried they were lost, I called today and was told the one was repaired and they just needed my credit card to get started on the other.
Even though I had included all my info, home and work in the box, taped to each scope, they told me they didn't have a current e-mail and that's why I hadn't been contacted. BS, I said, and even so, a call would be in order don't you think?
I still like their optics, but I can't say I was too impressed with their service.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yes Leupold has had lots of practice on their CS mostly because people buy used scopes, send em in to be checked out and then we have turrets and reticle changes. I would imagine defective scopes make up a small percentage of their workload.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got an email the day they received it. It's looking like a 12-13 day turnaround this time. Not bad considering 6 days its tied up in transit.

I have sent a bunch in. Under 2 weeks every time...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Has Leupold CS gone downhill?

Unlikely, your Leupold is the standard I hold all others to.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TWR
Yes Leupold has had lots of practice on their CS mostly because people buy used scopes, send em in to be checked out and then we have turrets and reticle changes. I would imagine defective scopes make up a small percentage of their workload.

I agree with this completely. I have sent in scopes I have bought used and sent them for service. I told them up front what they were and I expected to pay for the service. They either fixed the scope and even replaced one with a new one and I never have been charged a cent. The only thing I was out was shipping to send it to them. I've used a lot of their scopes over the years and never have had a defective issue...unless I made it defective. Those I have bought I still have. Had a defective issue with a new GR 7-12x32 binocular once and that one was replaced with a new one, but that is my only defective Leupold product issue. Sure some do get them and some probably have not been contacted properly etc., but I figure nobody's perfect. I'm going to have Leupold optics of some sort somewhere in my gear as long as I'm able to use the gear.

One thing I do with any company I need service from is to be a little proactive and check with them and see what the status is. Never hurts.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Try a 2 week turnaround with Zeiss, Leica, S&B, or even Swaro who has sterling service like Leupold. Minimum 6 weeks if you're lucky. It took 8 months to repair my neighbor's Zeiss spotter, so you better send your Euro stuff back during the off season. I had a Swaro A that went tits up during a hunt while trying to killa 190" muley.....they fixed it no problem but it took them 8 weeks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I sent a Vari X 2/ 1-4 in , won't hold zero. I got a card back stating that they received the scope on 3/12 and estimated repairs will be completed in 18 days. It sounds like they're a little bit busy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I got an email the day they received it. It's looking like a 12-13 day turnaround this time. Not bad considering 6 days its tied up in transit.

I have sent a bunch in. Under 2 weeks every time...

Check that. Scope just arrived. 11 day turnaround----AGAIN......

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My limited customer service with leupold was terrible. Turn around was quick but one scope comtinued to fog and another still would not make any internal changes when turrets were adjusted.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.