It was good.

Is that a commentary on nutrition, or was that your workout for the day? grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You guys are an inspiration. This time a thanks goes out to Snubbie.

Decided it was time to give the glut a little real world test. So, placed 1.5 flats of 12 gauge shotgun shells in the pack-should be a little over 30 pounds-and hit one of the local parks that has a bunch of trials. One of which is up a gas line and is called heart attack trial.

Held up pretty good with a constant slight twinge in the glut that just may be a permanent friend. I'm thinking I will be reminded of that tare from here on. Finished up after 1hour and 40 minutes of up and down. Heart rate pretty much stayed in the 140-160 range, so a good cardio and leg workout. Little stiff when I got out of the truck, but not all that bad.

Will hit the gym tonight for some stretching and arm work.

Addition: I had one of those sour cream powdered Dunkin Donuts myself this AM. wink

Last edited by battue; 03/26/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Upper body workout today. Gonna load up a pack and take my crazy Mutt for a squirrel round-up after work.

Then have a donut. Snubbie truly is an inspiration!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Powder covered gets you one point. Triple chocolate and you win be default!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not sure what you guys mean by clean, but this is about as clean as I can get.

Breakfast
Bananna - 1 Medium,
Detour Lean Muscle - 32g Protein Cookies and Cream, 1 Bar

Lunch
Carrots - Raw, 1 cup,

Grouse breast: Maybe an ounce (1/2 breast)

Lunch was on the run between stuff. Usually will be more.

Dinner
Amish - Apple Butter, 3 tablsp
Apple - Large Gala Apple, 1 large apple
Bananna - 1 Medium, 1 banana
Chobani - Chobani Yogurt Passion Fruit, 5.3 oz
Sliced Turkey breast: Enough to make a good sandwich.

Snacks
Dunkin Donuts - Sour Cream Donut , 1 donut
Twin Lab - Protein Powder - Vanilla, 1 scoop
Green tea with maybe a tablespoon of local wild flower honey.

Workout was 1hour 40minute hike with 30 pound pack and arm/delt circuit along with some 3x10 sets of 17 inch box step ups.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by snubbie
I ate one of those little white powdered donuts today. blush
It was good.

Is that a commentary on nutrition, or was that your workout for the day? grin

A moment of weakness. I've found 20 pounds someone else lost & I need to get rid of it. So I've cut down. Trying to eat until just satisfied. Lots of fruits & veggies. Cut out sweets, which is a hard one. My wife bought a bag of those little white donuts. I swore I would avoid the things.
But you know, late in the evenings they start singing. Then I have to go into the kitchen to get them to quieten down and before ya know it, one had jumped out of the bag and into my hand. I had no choice at that point but to pop it in my mouth.
Tricky little devils.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Powder covered gets you one point. Triple chocolate and you win be default!!!!

I decided to forego the baked variety and went with the malted version instead. Or three. Three mile hike cancelled those out though.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Warmup:
Dynamic med ball stuff

Workout:
3 Rounds for time:
100 Situps
50 Wall ball tosses - 20#
30 Pushups

This was capped at 25mins and I didn't make the cut. I ended up with 435reps. 270+ situps in 25 mins is gonna have me moving quite tenderly tomorrow I think...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And you pay good money for this privilege....??????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Sorry to say, but my life's so mundane that this is often the hightlight of my day...

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by pointer
Yep. Sorry to say, but my life's so mundane that this is often the hightlight of my day...

Well, if you are too gimped up tommorrow to work out, you should tell the guy at your box who's doing your programming that he's a dumbazz. Some mixture of fewer situps with a few knees to elbows (in straps to scale the movement in necessary) would have been my suggestion.

Hi-rep situps are prone to cause pretty bad tendonitis at the hip where the middle quad originates. Strain that muscle/tendon and you won't be doing jack for two months.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Ha, that's a good thing, means you're motivated.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pointer wears me out just reading of his workouts. smile

Lot of stretching and a little chest.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pointer wears me out just reading of his workouts. smile

Lot of stretching and a little chest.

30min on a C2 rower wears me out just thinkin about it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hmmmm.

Boring, but not extremely hard. You can make it so, but I normally do intervals of slow @ 26 rows per minute, moderate @ 28-29 rows per minute and then hard at 33-34 rows per minute. Hard for me anyway.

Also change the resistance from 5.5 and on occasion up to 10. Having something interesting to watch on the tube makes it go fairly quick.

Did hit a one time row the other day of 2:07 for 500meters. Goal is to bust thru the 2minute mark you mentioned.

Last edited by battue; 03/27/14.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hmmmm.

Boring, but not extremely hard. You can make it so, but I normally do intervals of slow @ 26 rows per minute, moderate @ 28-29 rows per minute and then hard at 33-34 rows per minute. Hard for me anyway.

Also change the resistance from 5.5 and on occasion up to 10. Having something interesting to watch on the tube makes it go fairly quick.

Did hit a one time row the other day of 2:07 for 500meters. Goal is to bust thru the 2minute mark you mentioned.

You've convinced me to try to longer rows. My stroke rate is 26-7 typically. 5K usually takes slightly over 13min, I've been trying to break 13 without success.

One thing you might try twice each week would be Tabata rows. 20 flat out, 10sec "active rest" or row really slow, eight rounds, NO BREAKS. ENSURE you are really warm before you try this.

Learning to do a barbell powerclean would help also, I believe, doing low reps for strength first and then doing occasional "met-con" workouts using a light weight, IE, 75-115lb

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Our machines must be calibrated different in that I usually do a slow 24-25rpm warm up for 3-4 minutes then do the intervals for 20 some minutes and finish up with a 3min cool down.

Depending, I will usually end up around 5000 to 5200 total for 30 minutes. Seems that is not all the unusual in that on the Y machines I always end up with a faster stroke rate and total than on my home machine.

Anyway you always give solid advice when it comes to working out. Appreciate it.

Then again you are probably stronger and getting more meters per pull than my skinny azz. smile

Last edited by battue; 03/27/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Well, if you are too gimped up tommorrow to work out, you should tell the guy at your box who's doing your programming that he's a dumbazz. Some mixture of fewer situps with a few knees to elbows (in straps to scale the movement in necessary) would have been my suggestion.

Hi-rep situps are prone to cause pretty bad tendonitis at the hip where the middle quad originates. Strain that muscle/tendon and you won't be doing jack for two months.
He gave the option of scaling the reps, but not the movement on the situp as that's what he wanted us to do. I didn't scale because I wanted to try to comeplete the workout, but I didn't. And yes, he addressed the hips during the skill/coaching part and during the cool down.

Yes, I'm sore this morning, but not too sore to workout, though I didn't work out. Wife's gonna be gone for a few days so I took her clothes off and wrestled her instead. I won.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What were you doing with her clothes on?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dancing. Sort of a ball room meets death metal collaboration with just a touch of hip hop.

Page 23 of 120 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,473
Posts18,489,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.