Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This might be better..

6th grade teacher used to play this in class...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They sneaked on to the arch? Was this shot in St Louis?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
[quote=gophergunner
#1 The movie was way too long and had a bad flow to it.
#2 The "laval rock monsters" defending the Arch
#3 Other "liberties" the movie makers took with depicting the entire story-the bad guy sneaking onto the Arch, Noah's son's not all taking wives on with them.

It was a bad movie, and I just plain don't like Russel Crowe. 'Don't really know why, but I just don't like him.

Don't waste your money-wait for it to come out on cable.

Wait just a damn minute�why would anyone who can�t stand Russell Crowe go see one of his movies?

I will wait for a review by someone who likes Crowe�and those who have seen it, say that while the Bible version is stretched a lot, God is mentioned a whole bunch.

From the National Catholic Register:
Does Noah avoid mentioning God?
This is the silliest controversy around the film.
God is a constant presence in Noah. Noah�s visions of the flood and the ark, the gathering of the animals, the flood itself and the rainbow are all from God. God�s existence is taken for granted by everyone, even the villain.
The sole issue, if you can call it that, is that characters in Noah generally speak, not of �God,� but of �the Creator.� It�s hard to imagine anyone considering this controversial or problematic, but for some reason the claim that �God is never mentioned� in the film refuses to die � even though the Creator actually is referred to as �God� at least once, when Ham tells Tubal-cain, �My father says there can be no king; the Creator is God.�
Why call God �the Creator�? For several reasons. A slightly less familiar term helps create a sense of a bygone era, a cultural world remote from our own. When Christians (and Jews) hear �God,� they can hardly help thinking of the Lord who called Abraham and chose Israel, who delivered his people from Egypt, and so on. Noah�s God hasn�t done any of those things. Using a less familiar term for him helps us appreciate this. It also helps nonbelievers watching the film to prescind from their own views and enter the worldview of the characters.
Calling God �the Creator� emphasizes God�s identity as the maker of all things, an especially noteworthy emphasis so close to the time of creation. It highlights that God is not just a big boss in the sky, but the One on whom all that is depends for its existence.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/noah-controversy/#ixzz2xO1ri1Eu

Go see it for yourself, and when your girl or wife asks to see a movie just tell her to GFHS that she will see what you want an enjoy it

Creator or God or call me late to supper the move just down right sucked! [/quote]

I asked my wife this morning about our movies.
First, we don�t �go� to movies and haven�t for years. Today�s theaters SUCK.
Movies have to come to us in the living room. So nobody has to sit and watch something they don�t like.

Second, we both like a lot of the same movies. She has different tastes than most gals.
In her next life, she wants to be a crime scene investigator. I want to be a cowboy.

Maybe this is one reason we will celebrate 55 years this fall.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
From a friend...

Just saw "Noah" with the family. I liked it. However, a couple of points of clarification needed on the BIG issues: 1) Noah was NOT chosen by God to build the ark because he "could get the job done." Noah was chosen because he was "righteous" and "blameless" (Gen. 6:9). 2) God sent the flood NOT because man had ecologically wrecked the earth but because man had rebelled and cursed God continually (Gen. 6:5).
Important points, indeed. Sad they chose to depart so much from the Biblical account.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This morning our minister said that he and his wife went to see it and it was a colossal waste of time and money. She wanted to leave before it was half over but they stayed just so he could 'recommend' it one way or the other. It has no Christian value whatever. It's just another class C sci-fi.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief. Movies never follow the book, but y'all are surprised when this one didn't follow the Bible?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not surprised at all. Just disappointed. There was so much potential that has been wasted. Not that it will change my day because it won't. I have my own Noah movie in my head anytime I want to play it. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Story sucked,dumb or no plot line,what a bad script...come on transformer like rock monsters running the earth,really? Long and drawn out,Russel Crow couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

One the bright side.... the bag of popcorn I ate was good

Crowe can act if you give him a script....he was great as Jack Aubrey

But yours is the second bad report I've heard from friends so I guess I'll wait and look at it on cable in six months

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Good grief. Movies never follow the book, but y'all are surprised when this one didn't follow the Bible?

Yup I figured they got it wrong when the previews showed snakes making their way into the Ark. Somehow that did not jive with scripture.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Story sucked,dumb or no plot line,what a bad script...come on transformer like rock monsters running the earth,really? Long and drawn out,Russel Crow couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

One the bright side.... the bag of popcorn I ate was good

Crowe can act if you give him a script....he was great as Jack Aubrey

But yours is the second bad report I've heard from friends so I guess I'll wait and look at it on cable in six months

I like Crowe too and I think he's a damn good actor. Sux about this movie though.

IC B3

byc #8731396 03/30/14
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yup I figured they got it wrong when the previews showed snakes making their way into the Ark. Somehow that did not jive with scripture.

How so? I thought all the animals were supposed to be on board? If the snakes didn't make it, wouldn't they have vanished?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry, I forgot the little sarcasm thingie.

However, if there's a cleansing my preference would be that the serpent goes along with it.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snakes heading toward the ark follows scripture exactly.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Snakes heading toward the ark follows scripture exactly.

toward or into?

Go Nats!!!!

byc #8731797 03/30/14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just got back from seeing it and liked it.

Not as entertaining as the Ironman movies but lots more so than any of the Superman movies.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you were really expecting a biblically accurate movie from Hollywood?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me? No.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I just got back from seeing it and liked
+1. After lunch today the wife asked me to see it. George what's up buddy?.... It didn't suck. It was no Book of Eli or Taken, but it kept us entertained.

Go see Non-Stop, surly you'll like that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I was going to go see it with the boy today. Then I saw the length of the movie.

FTS. You get 90 minutes to tell 'flave a story.

Travis

3 damn hours?!

Torture.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
2.5 we were there.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,304
Posts18,526,023
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.