Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by isaac

Your better question is how is the best way to write off my home office without red flagging my returns.

I often have to conference in to a meeting but communicating with groups isn't a major part of every day. When it is we try to keep it short and to the point. For my use the simple speaker on my cell works great. Before you go make a purchase or jump through hoops try the simple things first...they may be all you need.

What Bob mentioned above is true.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Cisco. Jabra.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by kup
Plantronics SAVI

I like the 720 or 710 and Microsoft LYNC, love it.

And no you don't even need a phone, works with cell phones, desktops and laptops.

kup

That's pretty impressive! Thanks!

I'm certainly going to read up on that one!

Before you throw 450.00 at a bluetooth headset, make sure they will replace the .05 cent ear clip when it breaks. I had a nice 50.00 Motorola and the plastic clip snapped, I called Motorola and they said "sorry, we don't sell the clip separately".

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by isaac

Ear [bleep] are for rookie wannabes, not professionals.

That could explain the permanent crick in your neck at 30 degrees, from cradling a landline handset to your ear while you're taking notes on a yellow pad with a No. 2 pencil.
Luckily, I don't talk on the phone more than 4 or 5 times a week and it's usually with my wife.
I have a very long neck and I've never been able to cradle any phone under my chin. I also use high scope mounts and can't shoot a straight stocked shotgun worth a darn. If I had to talk on the phone a lot, an ear bud would be my only option.
That said, I always get a kick out of someone walking around town with a wireless telephone jack sticking out of one ear. They look like kids with toys.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mudhen
I do long conference calls (up to 2-3 hours, sometimes) while working on my computer. I just use a Panasonic cordless phone that has a belt clip and a jack. I plug in a compatible Panasonic earpiece with a mike. If I have to get up and retrieve something from a file or a bookcase, or just get another cup of coffee, I move can about with no problem. Bought this setup at Best Buy. You can probably find them cheaper on the net.

That is what I use, VOIP can get a bit a bit choppy at times even with a good connection. The Panasonic uses AAA rechargeable, so it's cheap and easy to have a spare set. Make sure and get a good office chair.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I strongly recommend 2 computer screens, hands free headset that has a handy mute button.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by mudhen
I do long conference calls (up to 2-3 hours, sometimes) while working on my computer. I just use a Panasonic cordless phone that has a belt clip and a jack. I plug in a compatible Panasonic earpiece with a mike. If I have to get up and retrieve something from a file or a bookcase, or just get another cup of coffee, I move can about with no problem. Bought this setup at Best Buy. You can probably find them cheaper on the net.

That has potential as well. Thanks for the tip! I'll look around Office Depot and Best Buy and take a look at this kind of set up. It might work for what I need, or it might not, but certainly worth a look.

HAJ - I also work from home. I have a cordless phone with a speaker button. Usually the call TO me is about some design change or a fubar I made that the other end of the call has found. The speaker allows me to work the confuser without a headset OR "the cradle". Been doing it from home for 8 1/2 years now and if this phone goes belly up, I'll get another . . . YMMV.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Screw the headset. I would setup one of those keginators and some oxygen right by your desk cos you're gonna' need it! laugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
See, now that's the advice that I need!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If you do end up going with a headset-go with Plantronics. Logitech sux.
Just my experience/.02 from selling both brands. Many, many more returns with L-Tech.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys!

Good advice here.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (ATC, Backroads, 1badf350, AB2506, batch, 6 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,899
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.