-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like Snowden, he needs decapitation with a butter knife..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I really don't see this as much of an issue. He's eligible for parole next year and there's no indication he wouldn't get it. So what's the big deal, he was going to get out next year anyhow...so we let him go a year early, to assist in peace talks. How is this an issue?

Hmmm...

Parole � even if the US government decides not to fight it in 2015, which is unlikely � would leave the balance of Pollard�s 45-year life sentence intact, and would not set him free.

On the contrary, parole would mean that for another 15 years (the balance of his sentence) the US would severely restrict his freedom of movement, travel, speech, employment and even domicile. He certainly would not be free to come home to Israel, the country to which he has devoted his life.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Editorials/Pollards-appeal-323521

Two different sources, two different opinions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
I can understand why Israel would like to see him freed. He passed our classified information to them for their benefit.

Which is exactly the reason why we should not release him. He is a spy and a traitor to our country and what he did was extremely harmful to us.

He fully deserves the punishment he got, and hopefully it will deter others from being traitors.

Releasing him would only encourage others to do what he did.

Steve

+1
Pollard got off easy with life. Should have hanged the traitor !

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder if the Jews do a better job of protecting our secrets than we do?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When America was still controlled by Americans, traitors were treated with swifter justice, even jewish traitors:

[Linked Image]

60 years ago Pollard would have been executed for treason. To release him is an admission that israel controls the US govt

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I wonder if the Jews do a better job of protecting our secrets than we do?

A better job than Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The only way I'd agree to release Pollard is if Israel would send over his handlers to finish his term.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm half Jew, proud of Israel, but Pollard is an American and an American traitor. And Israel betrayed US in this case, which I am not happy about at all. Pollard rots. Period.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'm half Jew, proud of Israel, but Pollard is an American and an American traitor. And Israel betrayed US in this case, which I am not happy about at all. Pollard rots. Period.

You're wrong about that, Pollard is a dual citizen.

That's one of the everlasting problems with Jews, deciding where their loyalty is really at.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The United States does not recognize dual citizenship. Israel however does, but in this case it's irrelevant. Pollard should have been executed PERIOD.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
How many times has Isreal screwed the US?

Phil

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Greyghost
How many times has Isreal screwed the US?

Phil

The answer to that would require its own forum.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The United States does not recognize dual citizenship. Israel however does, but in this case it's irrelevant. Pollard should have been executed PERIOD.

Wiki foo:

"Dual citizenship[edit]

Based on the U.S. Department of State regulation on dual citizenship (7 FAM 1162), the Supreme Court of the United States has stated that dual citizenship is a "status long recognized in the law" and that "a person may have and exercise rights of nationality in two countries and be subject to the responsibilities of both. The mere fact he asserts the rights of one citizenship does not without more mean that he renounces the other", (Kawakita v. U.S., 343 U.S. 717) (1952). In Schneider v. Rusk 377 U.S. 163 (1964), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a naturalized U.S. citizen has the right to return to his native country and to resume his former citizenship, and also to remain a U.S. citizen even if he never returns to the United States.
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) neither defines dual citizenship nor takes a position for it or against it. There has been no prohibition against dual citizenship, but some provisions of the INA and earlier U.S. nationality laws were designed to reduce situations in which dual citizenship exists. Although naturalizing citizens are required to undertake an oath renouncing previous allegiances, the oath has never been enforced to require the actual termination of original citizenship.[24]
Although the U.S. government does not endorse dual citizenship as a matter of policy, it recognizes the existence of dual citizenship and completely tolerates the maintenance of multiple citizenship by U.S. citizens. In the past, claims of other countries on dual-national U.S. citizens sometimes placed them in situations where their obligations to one country were in conflict with the laws of the other. The 2012 case of American-Thai dual national Joe Gordon is a case in point, who entered Thailand using a U.S. passport but was convicted and imprisoned in May 2011 for L�se majest� in Thailand.[25] However, as fewer countries require military service and most base other obligations, such as the payment of taxes, on residence and not citizenship, these conflicts have become less frequent.[26] As a result, there has been a dramatic increase in recent years in the number of people who maintain U.S. citizenship in other countries.[citation needed]
The U.S. citizen may lose his dual citizenship by obtaining naturalization in a foreign state, taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or political subdivision thereof, or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state if this action was performed with the intention of renouncing U.S. citizenship.[27]
One circumstance where dual citizenship may run counter to expectations of government agencies is in matters of security clearance. Any person granted a Yankee White vetting must be absolutely free of foreign influence, and for other security clearances one of the grounds that may result in a rejected application is an actual or potential conflict of national allegiances."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Pollard did more damage to the United States than any spy in history. And it was genuine damage, not just a mass of documents that had been routinely classified. Pollard�s Israeli handler, aided by someone in the White House who has up until now evaded arrest, was able to ask for specific classified documents by name and number. The Soviets obtained US war plans, passed to them by the Israelis in exchange for money and free emigration of Russian Jews without any regard for the damage it was doing to the United States. The KGB was able to use the mass of information to reconstruct US intelligence operations directed against it and a number of Americans and US agents paid with their lives. Pollard also revealed to the Israelis and Soviets the technical and human source capabilities that US intelligence did and did not have, which is the most critical information of all as it underlies all information collection efforts. Compounding the problem, the United States has never actually been able to accurately ascertain all of the damage done by Pollard because the Israeli government has refused to cooperate in the investigation and has not returned the documents that were stolen."

More damning info here: http://original.antiwar.com/giraldi/2010/09/29/wake-up-america/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, guess what? I'm here to tell you that as a naturalized US "Citizen" (in quotation marks as many here don't consider me a "real" American") I had to RENOUNCE my Cuban citizenship when I became naturalized.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've got a South Korean born adopted sister that was naturalized. I was at the ceremony but cant remember much about it. That was way back in the mid 70s when I was just a kid. It took almost 10 years for her citizenship process to be completed, as I recall. I'd wager it's much more lax these days.

I consider you 100% American, just like I do my sister. The whole Cuba thing is a tragedy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I appreciate that much from you sir, but hang around here long enough and they will come out to remind me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well I appreciate that much from you sir, but hang around here long enough and they will come out to remind me.

Funny, I always thought you German? "Deutchland, Deutchland �beralles"! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I DO love their uniforms! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (338Rules, 257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 35, 358WCF, 58 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,684
Posts18,534,422
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.