Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I set off my buddy's burglar alarm one time when I went to his house to get something, he had changed the code and forgot to tell me, I called him and he called the alarm company to let them know, they had already called the S/O and dispatched the call. I told my buddy that I would wait on them, and hour and twenty minutes later they promptly showed up. I asked them what took so long, said that they must have been real busy, no they replied, just weren't in to much of a hurry because most burglar alarms were false.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
That's about what I figured.......

Me and anyone else reading, I guess. So, anything to verify your accusations or do you enjoy telling untruths? You were clear in your "professional" opinion on people who do such things......

George
My belief about the circumstances involved is based on my understanding of history and human nature.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NH K9
Which agency? Which cops/supervisors?

Mighty hypocritical for you to preach to Bob about statements about folks while you're sitting here typing that. Wasn't it you recently asking for an apology from someone (don't rember who it was) after they made comments about you? Lacking anything to verify your claims, we'll all be eagey awaiting yours......

George

Don't hold your breath.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a time TRH actually had some credibility. I believe it was sometime between my 3rd and 8th martini.

Now I'm sober and his accusations are so wild it's impossible to take anything he says seriously.

Oh well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ajmorell
The real question is where'd they get 22 ammo?

Traded some Meth or Brown Betty for it , your first mistake was depending on the Police to Protect you

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I lived in TX I called 9/11 at 2am to report the house down the block on fire and totally engulfed in flames. Nobody answered. Eventually some guys from another town 20 minutes away drove by who happened to be firefighters reported it and the fire department from the next town responded.

About a year later I called 911, I forget for what and nobody answered. Drove up to town and the dispatch/office had a note on the door - be back later.

Pretty much was a big reason I moved.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After having a break in and identifying the guy to the dispatcher and where he was the police found him talked to him and let him go, I did receive an apology from the sheriff but still have no use for our local law enforcement.

What really took the cake was when i had a court ordered civil standby to take possession of a rental house and nobody showed up, I know they are busy but I waited six hours before I said the hell with it.

What pisses me off is they have time to pull over one of my guys because he didn't have tires in the bed of his truck tarpped

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's get two facts out of the way here. Will just throw them out as I see them. Your mileage may vary.

1) If you depend on the government for your safety, and to protect you and your family... You ARE phuucked.

2) If you need the police for a genuine emergency, in a life or death situation, and call 911... The emergency will be over by the time they get there.

You will either take care of yourself and family, or you won't. You will either deal with the situation and prevail, or you won't... You will either have to force the offender into submission, or kill him...or be killed yourself. You'd better be prepared mentally and physically to deal with what may come your way. 99% of the time, the situation is OVER by the time cops get there from a 911 call.

It IS a good idea to call 911 though, if for no other reason but to CYA. If you did have to take care of business, don't say word one to officers when they do arrive, other than you were left no other choice... Because at the point they arrive at where you need them, after the fact, they are working for the prosecution. Exercise your right to remain silent.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It appears that the cops in your area are a-scared of the Gang Bangers.

Wasn't there a video on here a few weeks ago, in Oakland I believe, where the cops just drove by the Gang Bangers and left them to do their dirty deeds?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SWAT teams like to break into houses at three in the morning especially an unarmed house when it's safe. They aren't to interested in going up against heavily armed house where the occupants might fight back.

This sounds like a case where the occupants might and probably would fight back.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

this right there!

don't let that house burn if there's .22 ammo in it, fer gawds sake eek

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy

What pisses me off is they have time to pull over one of my guys because he didn't have tires in the bed of his truck tarpped

Right, they are mostly after taxpayers that they can extract more revenue from.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Let's get two facts out of the way here. Will just throw them out as I see them. Your mileage may vary.

1) If you depend on the government for your safety, and to protect you and your family... You ARE phuucked.

2) If you need the police for a genuine emergency, in a life or death situation, and call 911... The emergency will be over by the time they get there.

You will either take care of yourself and family, or you won't. You will either deal with the situation and prevail, or you won't... You will either have to force the offender into submission, or kill him...or be killed yourself. You'd better be prepared mentally and physically to deal with what may come your way. 99% of the time, the situation is OVER by the time cops get there from a 911 call.

It IS a good idea to call 911 though, if for no other reason but to CYA. If you did have to take care of business, don't say word one to officers when they do arrive, other than you were left no other choice... Because at the point they arrive at where you need them, after the fact, they are working for the prosecution. Exercise your right to remain silent.

You only say two things. "I feared for my life, I want to speak to my lawyer". The fear for my life is optional.

Sean
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Absolutely!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

this right there!

don't let that house burn if there's .22 ammo in it, fer gawds sake eek

Boy ain't that they truth! I did pick up three 50 round boxes yesterday of Eley match ammo that I've been wanting to try out in my match 10/22. Center fire ammo is starting to come back but not .22.

If anyone had told when I was a kid in the fifties that the day would come when .22lr ammo could not be found at any price I would have said they were crazy and their tin foil hat was on to tight.

Back to our regularly schedule programming of cop bashing. grin

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy

Right, they are mostly after taxpayers that they can extract more revenue from.
Yep.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If anyone had told when I was a kid in the fifties that the day would come when .22lr ammo could not be found at any price I would have said they were crazy and their tin foil hat was on to tight.
Ain't that the truth. It was ubiquitous and dirt cheap when I was a kid in the 1970s, and stayed that way till Sandy Hook. Hard to believe they haven't yet caught up with demand enough to bring supply up and price down.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We have been trained to think that only government can solve our problems when in reality government can only create problems.

Today we are trained to carry a cell phone that may or may not work and dial 911 which also may or may not work and wait for help that may or may not come.

Government has done a wonderful job of making us depend on our zoo keepers for our daily bread.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Ain't that the truth. It was ubiquitous and dirt cheap when I was a kid in the 1970s, and stayed that way till Sandy Hook. Hard to believe they haven't yet caught up with demand enough to bring supply up and price down.

Some dealers say the problem is hoarding and I think they are right. I plan on shooting my 1911 quite a bit this summer so I have stocked up on .45 ACP through the winter to make sure I have plenty this summer.

If I want to shoot my match 10/22 all summer with no restrictions I can easily go through 5,000 to 10,000 rounds a summer. Throw in a couple of trips for gopher shooting and I can easily go through twice that much.

What amazes me is that .22 firearms are still being sold with no ammo although I have noticed around here there are a lot sitting on the shelves and walls.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The crack house (rental) that is 4 houses up the street from me seems to be having a party tonight... grin

I know you are stuck there but I look forward to the day you can leave.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 907brass, 7mm_Loco, AKislander, 5 invisible), 1,429 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,079
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.