M
See finger in eye comment

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by humdinger
Nice to see Schrapnel is making his 200% average rate of return on product he once boasted about. I think he's doing better than that here though.

How do you know what he paid for it? Just curious.

I don't know his cost basis, but I know his operating methods when we got into an exchange about guns not being the great investment people say they are.

Lets see if this link copies in...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Minimizing_your_Gun_Battery#Post8665695

He got quite boastful about his ability to flip things. I told him he was stupid to boast on the internet or he will draw attention of the IRS, BATF, and probably piss off the people he sells to here. His accounting methods don't add up and I am sure he takes advantage of people in tough situations. Hopefully not widow ladies.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is this still available??

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Apparently .22 rimfire ammo is not welcome here. So if a guy needs some, he will go to gun shows or gunbroker or check on gunbot...where he will pay the same price shrapnel is asking.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh, it's wanted. But they want it a walmart prices without all the bullshit associated with trying to get a brick at one of those places. Small sporting goods and hardware stores are selling plinking ammo for $60-70 a brick around here. The local walmart never has any in stock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, apparently because we're getting close to Easter, someone needs to be crucified. Shrapnel, I guess you're up this year.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by selmer
Well, apparently because we're getting close to Easter, someone needs to be crucified. Shrapnel, I guess you're up this year.

And their price is 30 rounds of .22

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given the almost supernatural properties attributed to 22 LR, as some people set it aside from human endeavors of free market capitalism, "scalping", hoarding, etc , I was figuring that there was some mystical properties in it that may help me establish the meaning of life.

I tried sleeping with a brick of it under my pillow - no effect.

Should I put it on a Ouija board?

Call a medium?

Tribal dance?

And before someone suggests it, 22LR suppositories don't work either.

I think it would be most prudent for folks so concerned to make the personal sacrifice to acquire the magic bricks at normal retail, and flood the world generously with the stuff so that it may ultimately find its way to a contemporary King Arthur.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wow, is there some lying among the baying hounds? Good ol gemby 58 is right up there with his empty promises and whatever else he can do to destroy someone else and make himself look good. Where is all that 22 ammo you were going to give away last year. You lying piece of garbage.

Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Hey look, a hollow offer from Gumby. Didnt you shaft some kids on some 22 ammo this spring if I remember correctly?

Explain to me how I did that

I am still waiting to buy some of this when you get it. Remember to PM me when this becomes available.

Originally Posted by gemby58
Just bought a case of the CCI Blazers for $299, that's ten bricks at $29.90 each, they also had the Winchester 333 bulk packs for $29.90. Wanted to get some for the kids for this spring give away. I'll head down tomorrow and see if they have more and I'll pick up some more and will offer it on here for $35.00 a brick.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buy Shrapnel's 22 ammo.....it's for a good cause.

[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have finally decided to climb up on my soap box and share a couple of thoughts:

First in response to Mr. Techsan and others ... you would have no problem paying 10.00 a bottle for water after a natural disaster or 50.00 a gallon for gas the next time something happens to slow down oil import?? As you stated a vendor has ask what they want for any product its not their fault that you need it to live. And for the record commerce in the US is still commerce, the internet is just an extension of existing market places.

When a natural disaster hits and you sell needed items at inflated prices......IT IS CALLED PRICE GOUGING AND IT IS ILLEGAL ......look it up in the commerce regulations.......

Unfortunately for shooters and hunters this is a disaster caused by political agendas and social maneuvering. It should be obvious to all that Gun owners are a minority that it is politically correct to discriminate against

Vendors who drive up prices just because they can, are greedy people who would charge you money for air if they could.....are they worthy of your business and hard earned dollars.......

WORSE than these unscrupulous licensed pirates are the folks who buy ammo off the shelf then take it to gun show or flea market and charge ten times the price and tell people how hard it is to find, feeding the frenzy.

Let me think. Oh yeah, buying and selling ammo for a profit meets the definition of a business. Buying and selling guns and ammo as a business requires a license. Doing so without one is a CRIME.

Basic economics comes into play to deal with licensed pirates. If everyone would stop doing business with these crooks their capital would be tied up in inventory that they could not move. In a short order with capital tied up, no profits coming in and operating expenses creating debts they can be busted.......

Our greedy neighbors and crooks among us require a little different approach. The vultures among us weekly buying up everything at the local retailers, with un inflated prices, get need to be reported not only to the authorities but to other members in the community. They need to be publicly recognized at gun show and flea markets for making it impossible to take a kid shooting and essentially killing our SPORT. This may eliminate the desire to purchase from them. If their money is tied up and no one will buy anything from them. They may have to quit buying as ammo up as soon as it hits the shelf.

One last thought, once these pirates and vultures are recognized, We farmers and other producers should not over look their liberal approach to market place regulation. If they need their car fixed it is ok to charge them triple the price. If they need a loan 20% interest compounded hourly seems quite fair to me.

Let them need a breeding bull and I have the only one in the area.......100.00 a pound for the animal plus 5.00 a foot both ways for a delivery fee is my price.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well stated,Trapper.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Buy Shrapnel's 22 ammo.....it's for a good cause.

[Linked Image]

In all fairness that I need to read the whole thread, but I've learned as a community volunteer for organizations that donate money (pull tab money, fund raising, etc.) that there are scammers out there working the sympathy scam.

Buyer bewares and donator beware applies here.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You must be referring to this sympathy ploy.

I found a guy that has a ton of ammunition and I have to buy a bunch of other ammo along with the 22 to get this stuff, so I did.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Trapper - show me where I said Shrap was gouging.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by kytrapper
I have finally decided to climb up on my soap box and share a couple of thoughts:

First in response to Mr. Techsan and others ... you would have no problem paying 10.00 a bottle for water after a natural disaster or 50.00 a gallon for gas the next time something happens to slow down oil import?? As you stated a vendor has ask what they want for any product its not their fault that you need it to live. And for the record commerce in the US is still commerce, the internet is just an extension of existing market places.

Sorry, your entire premise is invalid because 22 AMMO IS NOT A NECESSITY! I can't believe how many people don't understand the concept of gouging. At worst Shrap is a profiteer, not a gouger. Nobody NEEDS 22 ammo. Everyone needs water. See the difference?

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
FIFO

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What's the prices on the other ammo that you had to purchase to get the 22 ammo are you planning to list it also.Can you give out a list if your selling it too.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 300_savage, 260Remguy, 25 invisible), 1,743 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,624
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.