Campfire Oracle
S
I think you missed it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I think you missed it.

Heaven or hell

I'm thinken you can't miss both...

T

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the writeup..very interesting..

Originally Posted by DocRocket
I went straight to 360 joules (phugg this 200-300-360 joules bullsh!t)

I hope when and if I have one, my Dr. goes straight to 360... wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Snake River Marksman,
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

Being a part of organized religion will not prevent God from sending you to Hell. God gets real edgy about folks rejecting His Gift of His Son. You can not be good enough to get past God's anger of you rejecting His Gift of His Son. Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. While you're at it, ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

There is not always a feeling accompanying this prayer. Sometimes there is. The feeling is not what saves; accepting God's Gift of His Son saves from the bondage of sin now and eternal punishment later.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Were they democrats?

Oddly enough, they all were...
grin

I know it isn't a laughing matter, but that made me chuckle! grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sure 360 joules would have that effect on me as well.

Interesting read
Near death experiences

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nevermind...

Travis

Last edited by deflave; 04/08/14. Reason: The hell and angel stories scared the schit out of me so I removed my post so I won't go to hell.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I'd be interested to know what it was that sent him to hell... Besides for obviously not being right with God that is.

The Holy Bible is a most valuable source for the information in which you are interested. The parts I like most dwell more on Salvation and the ways we should live, but the info you seek also is there in clear terms. You need not take the word of any human.

DocRocket - thanks for this insightful post. I cannot remember a time whan I doubted the reality of Heaven and Hell - or the absence of any other space between the two - but always seem interested in the experiences of those who may know more keenly.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Snake River Marksman,

Being a part of organized religion will not prevent God from sending you to Hell. God gets real edgy about folks rejecting His Gift of His Son. You can not be good enough to get past God's anger of you rejecting His Gift of His Son. Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. While you're at it, ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

There is not always a feeling accompanying this prayer. Sometimes there is. The feeling is not what saves; accepting God's Gift of His Son saves from the bondage of sin now and eternal punishment later.

" . . . Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. . ."

So I understand you to say that receiving this Free Gift (Jesus) is conditional, correct? You have to do something? Correct?

So exactly what do you have to do? Is there a specific "word formula" someone has to recite to receive this free gift? If so what is it and where did you discover it? What about people who cannot speak? If this "free gift" is really "free," you would think that it would be unconditional.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I firmly believe that every dang one of us is going to find out some day, all about either Hell, or Heaven.
Really does not make much difference in the meantime, about the metaphysics of it all.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One does not simply have to do something **bad** to earn their spot in hell.

**Good** people go there everyday.

People think good works, clean living, rescuing dogs from the pound, not ever getting a speeding ticket , etc and all that happy ass hippy jive will get them into the presence of God at the punch of their ticket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have also read Dr. Eben Alexander's book "Proof of Heaven", but it has nothing to do with me being a believer (in both heaven and hell).

The Lord has spoken to me on a few occasions, and I am happy to be saved by Grace. I have human fears of death, but I can't wait to be in heaven (but in no rush to leave this earth).

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by thin_man
I'm sure 360 joules would have that effect on me as well.

Interesting read
Near death experiences

Oddly enough, as the link you provided states, defibrillation doesn't cause such reactions. I've defibrillated hundreds of patients in my career, and other than this case none of my revived patients reacted as this man did. Two others related a NDE trip to hell after resuscitation, but they did not awaken screaming.

Again, I recommend Dr. Alexander's book to anyone who is seriously curious. He gives a number of citations to good sources in the NDE literature, which are worth the price of the book right there in my view.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ringman
Snake River Marksman,

" . . . Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. . ."

So I understand you to say that receiving this Free Gift (Jesus) is conditional, correct? You have to do something? Correct?

So exactly what do you have to do? Is there a specific "word formula" someone has to recite to receive this free gift? If so what is it and where did you discover it? What about people who cannot speak? If this "free gift" is really "free," you would think that it would be unconditional.

You simply accept God and our Savior Jesus Christ. No need for words. Once you accept Him, your life will change because you will want it to change.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I've defibrillated hundreds of patients in my career, and other than this case none of my revived patients reacted as this man did.

They (hundreds) must fall into the 90% or you have heavenly clientele. smile

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Nobody has the BALLS to send me to hell.

Travis

Nobody sends you to hell, you CHOOSE to go their of your own accord, and God simply allows you to deal with the consequences of that choice

Shawn

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by thin_man

I've defibrillated hundreds of patients in my career, and other than this case none of my revived patients reacted as this man did.

They (hundreds) must fall into the 90% or you have heavenly clientele. smile

Sadly, my career number of V/fib saves is not high. Any ER doc who's done this as long as I have will tell you the same. We resuscitate about 5% of V/fib cases when they code in the hospital. On the street, the number is less than 1%. So yes, I HOPE I have a large heavenly population of former patients awaiting my arrival!!!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Thanks for this Doc. My late father in law was one who "died" and came back a changed man. Said he was in Hell. He did become much more of a believer after this. Spent many hours talking with our preacher. He died a few years later a changed man much more at peace with himself and his future.
I too read the Alexander book and recommend it completely.

Forgot...one of Mom's brothers must have had some sort of
likewise experience. He had a heart episode of some sort and
later would not speak of it. But he did change his life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good thread, thanks Doc.

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,034
Posts18,481,933
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.