Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
KC,
As I posted above, you can still hunt, just hook up with someone there and have them take you out, using their rifles. Most Aussies would be willing to take you out and show you their country, just get yourself there and help cover the cost of fuel, food and beer.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
jt,
There are very few true dingos left, they have been interbred with feral domestic dogs. All are on the hit list for hunters. The cats are feral domestic cats and they ALL need to die. The native wildlife there takes a beating from them as there are few native predators.

As the Aussies like to say, "If it's feral, it's in peril!"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
there is a lot of dingos well west of the coastline but a dog is a dog so shoot it

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We also consider feral cats as enemies of small game birds and song birds as well. Feral dogs are the enemy of sheep and goat producers. Same everywhere.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by ryoushi
If you're going to Oz for a hunt, you can only bring a gun with you if you've hired a registered outfitter/guide.

I guess there's no such thing as a foreigner who does a DIY hunt in Australia. You would have to bring in your own rifle to do that and since I can't afford an outfitter/guide, I guess that means that I'll never be able to hunt in Australia. I might be able to scrape up the airfare but not that plus outfitter/guide fee.

Too bad. frown

KC

im gonna be heading down and not hunting with an outfitter......means i dont get to use my own rifle but no big deal i can adapt.....hooking up with some guys ive talked to here and elsewhere, throwing in money in the pot for fuel and food and gonna have some fun....

Last edited by rattler; 05/06/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I like reading about this for sure.

But it sure makes one happy to live here, where they are only slowly eroding our gun rights..

I can't imagine not being somewhere without a knife, I had one visiting the smithsonians in DC and had to leave it outside...

I can't imagine being tough to own a handgun.

Or not owning a dozen or so ARs. Or being able to shoot them right out my back door, suppressed, full auto etc.. whenever I choose.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wasnt that long ago and Oz didnt have all these rules either.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rattler , Chuck in a sleeping bag, most of us would have spare swags etc, and a stubby holder

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin just remember ive got no house, no job and no payments i have to make waiting for me back here in the states.....may decided i like hunting deer with hounds and your not gonna be able to get rid of me laugh

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just get here Thursday afternoon ,we can go away Thursday night and hunt fri/sat. . Stay on if you want

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
appreciate it, would love to be able to stick around a bit and prowl around with my camera in hand......from the videos your place is completely different from Aussielad's and battered's as far as vegetation and such

Last edited by rattler; 05/12/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
grin just remember ive got no house, no job and no payments i have to make waiting for me back here in the states.....may decided i like hunting deer with hounds and your not gonna be able to get rid of me laugh

Watch you don't end up going Feral! :-)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He was gettin that way in Texas but we reined him in laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hey now.....havent even started chasing double-breasted-mattress thrashers yet......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You won't be chasing them over where i live . camel toes and moose knuckles abound in the valley.
However Melbourne has some good girls in the higher class Establishments that exist around town

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh prolly save most my chasing for when im done catching up with you, Troy and battered, afterall no hurry for me to get back to the states....can do some looking when i aint taking up your time since your nice enough to show me around and take me out for some hunting crazy got the rest of my life to chase split tail.....

Last edited by rattler; 05/13/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hone.....watching those DVD's you sent...again....i really cant wait to be down there with camera in hand let alone the chance with a rifle.....had forgotten you have lyrebirds around your place.....one of the neatest critters, gonna have to stalk around the bush and try and get a pic even if it aint the time of year the males are displaying....

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's gunna be an good time mate, really looking forward to it

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Up the top of the Street is all national Park , Lyrebirds, Deer all over the place, You can wander around up there all day with a camera .Bush can be a bit thick in some places .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i cant wait either.....

good to know Hone, i can put some water and a lunch in a pack and wonder around while your at work or whatever.....hate to make the journy to your place and only be there for a few days of hunting when your area looks so much different than the pics ive seen of the stuff where battered hunts and the pics ive seen around Troys....being able to take a few days to just wander around with the camera at my own pace would be great....

Last edited by rattler; 05/14/14.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,320
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.