Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Continuing to reduce my collection.
For Sale, my Mefford Hubertus Drilling in 8x57JR/16/16. This is a Dural receiver drilling with walnut stock and forend, with horn grip cap, butt plate and trigger guard. The engraving is the scroll type. The gun weighs about 6.5 pounds. Barrels are 25 1/2 inches. I slugged the rifle bore and it is .318 inches. The shotgun chambers have been opened to take 2 3/4 inch shells. Bores are good. The wood finish is in very nice condition as is the checkering for a gun this old. There is one small crack at the top of the left side of the stock where the action meets the wood. It has been there for a long time and hasn't changed. There is a small chip out of the trigger guard, as well. The surface on the receiver has some wear of the finish. It has a greener safety, a greener crossbolt and sideclips. The front trigger is a set trigger and works nicely for me. The rifle sight is actuated with the rifle selector which also cocks the rifle lock. There are cocking indicators. Barrels are Krupp steel. The front sight can be flipped from a rifle sight to an ivory bead. The gun is fitted with a set of Talley rings that go on and off easily and smoothly. It has a 2 1/2X El Paso Weaver scope. It's clear and seems to be in good condition. I shot a couple rounds with it on and got a group of about two inches at fifty yards leaning on sticks with five shots. I got better groups with the Leupold scope, but it was probably just me. The gun will come with the El Paso Weaver scope, not the Leupold in the picture. I just put that on to do some hunting.
This is a light and lively field gun, a joy to hunt with and carry, while still pleasant to shoot.
$2850 plus shipping.
[Linked Image]

I can send more photos for anyone interested.
Thanks for looking,
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The K-2.5 Weaver is a perfect scope for the gun and the 8X57JR round!

I already have a 16/8X57JR drilling and a 12/8X57JR cape gun, or I'd be grinding you a bit on this beauty. The cape gun has a K-2.5 as one of its scopes.

I killed my last three deer with the 8X57JR, and all three were dead in their tracks, the farthest being 275 yards.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I looked thru the Weaver scope. It's not as good as I remembered. I trashed it. The gun will come with the Leupold C 1-4 for the same price. The Leupold is a much better match with the gun.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.