GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RWE
at least 10 more pages.

What happened here?

This is the shortest "Glock is Better" thread I have seen in a long time.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
well 5 might have gotten 1-2 or them, better than nothing I guess. If you knowingly have go somewhere like that and do not have to be dressed a certain way who amongst us would even carry just one gun? What is that word the fruit cakes and mall ninja's use "akimbo" or some such nonsense. Outside the nonsense men and women that know they are going to go into harms way always have a back up gun. If it happens to hold another 15 rounds O' well..

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
[Linked Image]

Almost as good of a gun as a Glock 19, but only twice as expensive, with a trigger that sucks balls, and has no "25ct" remedy.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
[Linked Image]

Almost as good of a gun as a Glock 19, but only twice as expensive, with a trigger that sucks balls, and has no "25ct" remedy.

Now come on TAK---be fair and honest--- as an empty-gun-bludgeon, that H&K is far superior to a G-19---in fact pistol-whipping is one of its prime virtues!!! :-)

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Atleast personally owned guns. I swapped my two forty caliber glocks for q Sig P220DAK 2 tone

I think you made a good choice from what I can see. I want my handguns all steel not plastic.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Tim the P220 looks huge, but honestky it's balanced really well, it really isnt all that heavy, and it poin'ts phenominally well. I think with a proper holster that distributes the weight on a good gunbelt. It would be a super carry rig

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Atleast personally owned guns. I swapped my two forty caliber glocks for q Sig P220DAK 2 tone

I never have liked the POS's (glocks)....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

The inky reason I got rid of those two was that they were the two i routinely get slide bite from. Our duty guns are Glock 31 and 33. My 31 is a Gen 4 and with the backstrap added to it with a beavertail i'm able to eliminate the slide bite. The 33 gives me skide bite if i'm not careful to keep a lower grip on it.

I loved my G21. And still have that one. XXL hands don't do well with teeny tiny grips

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

The inky reason I got rid of those two was that they were the two i routinely get slide bite from. Our duty guns are Glock 31 and 33. My 31 is a Gen 4 and with the backstrap added to it with a beavertail i'm able to eliminate the slide bite. The 33 gives me skide bite if i'm not careful to keep a lower grip on it.

I loved my G21. And still have that one. XXL hands don't do well with teeny tiny grips

You're telling me. I hate my buddies baby glock 33 (I believe) 357 sig. It just flat out sucks donkey balls!!! I guess I need to expound on my previous post: As a kid, I was invited to go shooting with a deputy sheriff. He brought along some "test" pistols the department was thinking of purchasing. After many failures, the deputy says these are "POS". That has been my view on them since. I know a lot of guys love them, but they just aren't my cup of tea.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Have you shot one?

Outshoots any Grock I've tried, including a G34 - which is why my G34 is for sale smirk Gives you a choice of DA/SA, or you can use it cocked & locked. And no, the SA trigger isn't as good as a tuned 1911, but it works for me. Yeah, they cost more than a Glock, or an M&P, but I think you get more, too - and I wasn't a fan of the USP's.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Have you shot one?

Outshoots any Grock I've tried, including a G34 - which is why my G34 is for sale smirk Gives you a choice of DA/SA, or you can use it cocked & locked. And no, the SA trigger isn't as good as a tuned 1911, but it works for me. Yeah, they cost more than a Glock, or an M&P, but I think you get more, too - and I wasn't a fan of the USP's.
I have the old H&K USP-45 that functions essentially like the one you have there, including the cocked and locked, single action, option. Why is this one better?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
[Linked Image]

Have you shot one?

Not the L but the regular 30. Didn't like the trigger, HATED the mag release. If one doesn't like a Glocks' ergs, there is no reason to look further than an M&P, expect for the aforementioned size issue. A big guy won't have any problem hiding a standard M&P. At 5'8"/170, I ain't a big guy.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
The only H&K i have ever cared for is the Mk23

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had an HK USP Expert in 9mm recently that I really enjoyed shooting.

Friend of mine pestered me out of it, by way of a Les Baer that he knew I had been looking for.

the Mk23 is a big bastid, but it should be a hoot to play with.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I had one for a while Joel, damned accurate but a massive piece indeed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Have you shot one?

I have the old H&K USP-45 that functions essentially like the one you have there, including the cocked and locked, single action, option. Why is this one better?

It's been a long time since I shot a USP, but from what I recall I just didn't care for the ergos, and it did not shoot that well for me. This one feels the best to me of any of the polymer framed guns - and you can change out grip sections to semi-customize it. There's also a recoil reducing function on the recoil spring, a sliding weight which is interesting, but I am not sure how much it actually helps. Might be more effective on the .40 cal version.

For me, off hand groups were not a lot bigger than my Les Baer, which is something I can't say for either Glock I've owned.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have the same slide bite rom the gen 4's in certain strap configurations. Not on my 3's though which is what I prefer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by gunchamp
How about the 16 hoods that almost beat a man to death a week ago? Guess 5 rounds would have worked there, huh?

Probably. People like that are not looking for a gunfight.
You're probably right. They were a bunch of chickenshits. Flash of a gun would have ended that situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only SIG I've ever owned was a P228. I got rid of it because the mags were so high during the dark period of the AWB. I wish I still had it, but can't really justify to myself another compact 9mm when I've already got an M&P Compact. I don't plan on getting rid of the Smith either. I can see nothing wrong with a SIG though. Good guns.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 50 invisible), 1,730 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.