Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most wars are senseless.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
But the bondage and suffering of millions over those 20-30 years wouldn't be?

A swing and a miss.

And I agree, it was senseless as it ruined the South.

The death and destruction in your eyes was the way to go? Sensible you are----- NOT!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Most wars are senseless.

Agreed.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Case in point...Thank you. laffin.

Another accusation based upon nothing.

Show me where I said that?

I've only made 3 posts on this thread, so I'll give you 45 minutes to read and comprehend them before I expect a response.

The issue should have been settled peaceably through negotiation.

As I DID SAY- That war ruined the South for many decades.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bloodlust on the Campfire is becoming sickening.

Too many here were just wishing the Bundy debacle would have started another "revolutionary" war.

Sick, that.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've only made 3 posts on this thread, so I'll give you 45 minutes to read and comprehend them before I expect a response.

I'll save him the time.

You never got close to saying that.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
The bloodlust on the Campfire is becoming sickening.

Too many here were just wishing the Bundy debacle would have started another "revolutionary" war.

Sick, that.

I'm no fan of this administration by any stretch. They've earned our disgust and anger.

Unfortunately, here at the fire, government stupidity is met with more stupidity.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
and that's your worry? the hunters? wow

shortly there will be those along who will declare this man a freeloader and volunteer to help slaughter his herd.
They may even call him a pussy if the Bundy threads are any measure.

That's the problem with some of you. This is a different situation and I haven't seen one opposing comment, yet some of you speculate, accuse and jump to conclusions based on nothing.

As for slavery Ethan, It wouldn't have ended until mechanization became more profitable...

I wonder if you would have minded being a slave for an extra 20 or 30 years so it could work itself out peaceably?

That statement was truly epic.

You do make me laugh buddy. wink

A swing and a miss.

Last edited by jwp475; 04/13/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still don't see it...

Seems most any reasonable, intelligent human being would realize that there was a 3rd option...

Negotiated settlement.

But that's not an option with the arm chair revolutionists. Y

And can someone please help him with the quote boxes?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You never mentioned a 3rd option in your quotes.

Your continually calling others stupid wears thin

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Part of the whole thing that started this was the inability of some to stay civil. IMO I was very civil to you on the thread where this came up. If I've said something to you on this or any "Bundy" thread that was less than so, please refresh my memory.

As to your having not advocated war in your previous posts to me that jwp is referencing...if you are not, then what are you talking about? I stated on a thread that wasn't about this topic, that the South would have been out of the slave business in twenty years without the WBTS anyway, and you come back now asking me if I'd have wanted to wait that long for my freedom? That certainly to most people, alludes to you having been in favor of war to free the slaves, which is what happened. Then you state you want to avoid bloodshed. The two points seem at odds and evidently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

A swing and a miss.

The death and destruction in your eyes was the way to go? Sensible you are----- NOT!

Based on the highlighted portion of my previous post that you obviously ignored so you could lie, please explain how i favored the war?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
While certainly there have been battles like these in the past, what memo has gone out from the emperors administration that now has this issue at the forefront? Is Sally Jewell promoting this? Is this a bone thrown to the environmentalists in front of approval of the Keystone pipeline? Why after 5 1/2 years is this issue being pushed?

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/13/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can certainly appreciate how you and JWP wanted to avoid the bloodshed that was the civil war.

Show me where I've advocated it.

What is truly mystifying, is that while both of you abhor the violence that took place in that conflict, you are both perfectly willing to shed blood over some cows.

I'll use your own words Ethan---

The two points seem at odds and evidently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

A swing and a miss.

Based on the highlighted portion of my previous post that you obviously ignored so you could lie, please explain how i favored the war?

How did jwp lie? I ask this in all sincerity and with no animosity. I addressed this on my previous post since it concerned a conversation I was involved in.

Certainly what you said gave the impression that you were in favor of the WBTS which freed the slaves. I'm not twisting your words at all. I think almost anybody would get that meaning, how could they not? I was saying that the WBTS was unnecessary because the slaves would have been freed fairly shortly anyway. You asked me if I'd want to wait twenty or thirty years. That gives the distinct impression that you think the WBTS was justified on the basis of slaves not wanting to wait to be freed.

I didn't say that was your meaning or what you had in your head. I just stated that it gives almost everybody that impression since you came very close to stating it flat-out. I also left the door open for you to explain yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can certainly appreciate how you and JWP wanted to avoid the bloodshed that was the civil war.

What is truly mystifying, is that while both of you abhor the violence that took place in that conflict, you are both perfectly willing to shed blood over some cows.

John I've explained it clearly to the best of my ability at least twice now and am at a loss as to how to communicate my point any differently.

I made the point that the WBTS was ostensibly over an issue, slavery, which would have been settled at least, in another generation, without the war. You asked me how I would have liked to have been a slave another twenty or thirty years. The whole thing was about avoidance of war so your words seem to be advocating war since that was the method used to avoid the twenty or thirty extra years.

What am I missing?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How long is it going to be before this "something for nothing" free loading farmer pays his fees?
I pay mine.

Disgusted.

Wsmnut

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He made an accusation that I favored the war. In his haste, he accidentally included a quote that clearly points out that I didn't.

Easily seen for what it is by those who want to see.

Show me where I came close to supporting the civil war Ethan?

My first post on this thread was about people making false accusations based on an inability to comprehend.

I laid a trap and I even warned you, yet you both fell in it within 5 minutes.

Both of you accuse me of saying something I have not said, you can provide no proof- so you are both wrong.

Putting words in peoples mouths is a bad habit Ethan and is the only recourse for those on the losing end of an argument.

I'm off to Palm Sunday mass to ask forgiveness for playing tricks on such gullible folk.

LOL

Have a good one, no hard feelings.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Again you jump to conclusions, no where can you find where I promoted blood shed in the Bundy vs BLM. No where.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

John I've explained it clearly to the best of my ability at least twice now and am at a loss as to how to communicate my point any differently.

I made the point that the WBTS was ostensibly over an issue, slavery, which would have been settled at least, in another generation, without the war. You asked me how I would have liked to have been a slave another twenty or thirty years. The whole thing was about avoidance of war so your words seem to be advocating war since that was the method used to avoid the twenty or thirty extra years.

What am I missing?

Exactly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 25 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.