Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[bleep]. Wait till you run into a kid named Reebok, or Snikkerdudle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have Chris and Gunner. Both pronounced exactly like they should be.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
My elementary school bus driver was named Mercedes.

She name her kid Benz.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I grew up with a "boy named Sue" name, in the real west. Don't do it to your kid.

There will be mud, blood, and beer, but not in a good way.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a young black student once whose first name was Senator.

I am not making this up.

Kind of sad, actually.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barak

I am not making this up.

Kind of sad, actually.

Where the hell do you think Reebok and Snickerdudle came from, sure as hell wasn't white farm folk.

Along with Nike
Preshaun
Quinsheeka
Deejon
Marcaheeshio
And Amareto

Not nick names either.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Worked with a white guy back in the early 70s during the summer down in No Georgia....Butch woke up with a hangover and on a honey moon with some ugly gal he had met a week or two before...

but she had everything most morons in No Georgia wanted in those days.. she put out... before he could get it annulled, turns out she is pregnant and has a daddy who owned a 12 gauge and wasn't afraid to use it..

so they stayed together and he had a little girl.. which he named Chevelle.....we use to ask him what he was going to name the next kid if it was a boy... which his response was "SuperSport"....

then he'd finish with, you know what a "Super Sport" is? a guy who carries monogrammed rubbers in a flip top box...

of course this was in No Georgia the summer they filmed Deliverance, about 25 miles to the East.. and most of the background characters were actually locals....so it shows what we had to work with down there...

L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
we named ours Karen & David. Had a coach Bell in school that named his girl Liberty, as in Liberty Bell. Said the next one would be taco.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My wife and daughter were in the office going over intern applications. My wife asked why would some folks would name their kids such strange names and my daughter Kateen turned and just looked at her. smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I am not making this up.

Kind of sad, actually.

Where the hell do you think Reebok and Snickerdudle came from, sure as hell wasn't white farm folk.

Along with Nike
Preshaun
Quinsheeka
Deejon
Marcaheeshio
And Amareto

Not nick names either.

Some guy here at the Campfire a year or two ago was bragging about naming his own son Lake.

Sheesh.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I am not making this up.

Kind of sad, actually.

Anyone remember the Nebraska football player named Wonderful Mons?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I couple in the next town from where I grew up had twin girls, decided that was enough, and named them Alpha and Omega.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Went to school with a JoyAnn Love, but that's about the weirdest in my experience. Parents were hippies. Go figure. Named Mine Emma and Caleb. Pretty basic, but unusual at the time.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I was told my boys names were 'different'. They're name Langdon and Gunnison. We decided we wanted some interest in their names without being to abstract. I think we've done that.

The names in the OP are just out there. Simple names, messed with quite a bit. And from now until eternity, anytime their name is called, you can be sure they will be goofed up. I don't get that.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ohh...partner just reminded me of thw pavement aper we arrested named Uwu, pronounce ooooo....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess I wish more children had Christian names like Joseph, Daniel, Samuel and Mary, Paul and such.......

P.S. I knew I guy named Richard Hummer who was nice enough to name his son Richard Hummer Jr. poor kid.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can not recall at the moment but one of the Scandinavian countries has a nationally approved list of names that children can be named. No exceptions. It was a big issue a few years ago when there was a legal challenge to the law. Never did hear how it turned out.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The names have a much larger impact on hiring decisions that one might expect. After more than 30 years of doing human resources work including being a full time recruiter - parent that give their kids unusual and/ or strongly ethnic names are doing their kids no favors.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jonly Bonly Stewart

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 54 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,260
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.