Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm a morning person. I wake up everyday excited to be me.

I am an unabated [bleep] between 9ish and 2ish. If I fall asleep on the couch, don't fuggin' wake me up.

But you do still have my soul do you not?
Don't loose it for sure or just give it back smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by Scott F
I can do mornings. Even in pain and feeling like crap I can still be nice to others.

I'm a nice guy Scott but just questioned the fact I was sent to hospital, had to sign in get the wrist band for five mins of blood giving.
Money grabbing by the local hospital is all I can figure. They charge like $1,200 for that little draw, insurance pays under $200 for the draw. I'm am instructed by the insurance co. to not pay any bill sent to me.

Just was not a happy camper this morning.

I can understand that. I get up pretty happy but I do not suffer that kind of stupidly well myself.

You guys have a good one. Must go get the ears tuned. Later

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I am 100% morning person. I get out of the bed running. Wife hates it.

Not worth a hoot at 3pm though

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You didn't say if you had anything to eat. Many people struggle with mornings because of low blood sugar. It's very difficult for me when I have to do the fasting blood draws. If something is a little frustrating on a normal day, it is very irritating on those mornings.... not to mention your body was craving caffeine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am frequently blunt and on occasion coarse with medical drones who are incompetent and/or fail to listen or read charts/records before addressing the issues at hand. I suffer fools poorly, particularly when they have the opportunity to cause harm.

Blood draws are a vast opportunity for such BS.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wake up easy and happy on the weekends but mon-fri I'm a SOB in the A.M.. My job suck donkey.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Morning person. My alarm is set for 3:30am all summer long, and I'm out the door and at work by 3:45. Home for dinner though, that that helps. Wake up about 5am during he winter season, but take it a bit easier. Bed by 10pm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a SLOW wake up project, more so since I started taking so many evening meds with a long tail or after effect on them. My brother in law shares my camp trailer with me each deer season, and has to wear a face mask and ear plugs in the AM as I am up and around an hour and a half earlier than he, taking pain pills, drinking coffee etc. to get the cobwebs out of my head for the day and get my back/kidney pain under some semblence of control. He can pop out of bed, get dressed, and be ready to hunt in 20 minute. I hate people like that.....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MColeman
I'll confess that even though I'm retired I still rise early, usually between 5:30 and 6:00 and I'm seldom in a bad mood. I'll admit to a little aggravation once in awhile but it's very seldom at others. I usually get aggravated when I misplace something that I had in my hand less than a minute earlier or when I'm trying to replace the bolt stop spring in a Remington---then drop it on the floor---then find it and still have to struggle with it.
I could have written that very same paragraph..

I've always been a 'morning' person.. Always will be.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That was our deal though. Bet I get fired as morning cook for the next get together.

Don't bet on it, Tonto! grin

Between you, Patrick, and Miles, those were some great breakfasts. You'll have to quit, then still be subject to being Shanghaied and handcuffed to the stove. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on the day, but I always need my coffee! Usually depends on the amount of physical activity I did the day before - myasthenia gravis takes its toll if I overdo it and I generally pay for it the next day, but the day goes better if I can sleep in until 7:15 a.m. - the rest of the house gets up at 6:00 a.m. - which I usually do as well, but I'm thankful for a loving wife and kids that let me sleep when they know I need it.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walk a mile in their shoes...

Just think how many cranky, irritable old farts who take everything personally and take out all of their irritations on anyone and everyone who gets near them that the hospital staff has to put up with every single morning, and afternoon, and evening, and night....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
That was our deal though. Bet I get fired as morning cook for the next get together.

Don't bet on it, Tonto! grin

Between you, Patrick, and Miles, those were some great breakfasts. You'll have to quit, then still be subject to being Shanghaied and handcuffed to the stove. grin

Ed

I thought the eggs & bacon were pretty tasty, myself smile

we just need to wake up earlier and cook before the womenfolk realize what we're putting in the breakfast grin

And I have a sign that says, "Danger Men Cooking" which makes it all okay, of course...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Morning is the only time of day I am to myself and no one can screw up my routine. Up at 5am M-F with the alarm and at first light on Sat-Sun. The wife doesn't wake until I get in the shower. laugh

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by milespatton
just so 20 something people could get breaksfast that I was cooking.

Funny, how so many people would starve before they would cook something for themselves. grin miles

Hey I still had plenty of Hamm's in the cooler!!!!! LOL!

(From the land of sky blue waters!!!!)

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am up and at 'em, 5:30 every morning. I like my one cup of decaf with sugar and half and half. The coffee is not an absolute though.
I'm always glad to just be alive, and have another day to work with. smile

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm dandy till about 1:30 pm. Then I'm just tired.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i always said that if i could sleep in til 7 or 7:30 every day, i would be a totally different person. i might still be an ahole, but a different flavor. when i am on vacation, i feel so much better after about 2 days of sleeping from 11-7. but this 10-5:30 crap during the week sucks and i don't get caught up on a 2 day weekend.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I am 100% morning person. I get out of the bed running.
This is me....and I have little tolerance for those that can't function early in the morning. Just ask my kids!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One little vile of blood to give. No coffee, no nothing.
I'm not a morning person, never have been.
I was not nice to the hospital personal.
Had to become a patient just to give that blood. Pissed me off.

I do have coffee and drinking it right now, so I'm human again.

Any of you guys morning people? Wake up easy, in a good mood?
cool

Sure !!!! .... on Sat and Sunday grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.