Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...nt-Obama-citizenship-case?nclick_check=1

Chief Justice Roy Moore said Alabama�s secretary of state should have been required to determine whether President Obama was born in the United States and qualified to be on state ballot in 2012.

The all-Republican Alabama Supreme Court on Friday upheld the lower court�s dismissal of a case that sought to require the secretary of state to demand a birth certificate from presidential candidates.

Moore and Justice Tom Parker dissented.

Moore writes the secretary of state is a gatekeeper and has a duty to determine if candidates are natural-born U.S. citizens.

Parker said plaintiffs presented documentation that raise �serious questions� about Obama�s birth certificate.

Two other Supreme Court justices, Mike Bolin and Tommy Bryan, said the secretary of state doesn�t have the authority or ability to investigate candidates� qualifications.

� Associated Press

Last edited by jwp475; 04/15/14.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That horse left the barn about 5.5 years ago..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Did you read the link?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We'll never know who killed kennedy either.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the Obama citizenship is a lost issue and a waste of time.

That said, I think it's PERFECTLY reasonable to require a birth certificate to prove citizenship. Hell, it's one of the only requirements for the job.

IC B2

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek

That said, I think it's PERFECTLY reasonable to require a birth certificate to prove citizenship. Hell, it's one of the only requirements for the job.

If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root. I know that the issue is dead at this point.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
then why has this issue not taken root.

Because the Rs and the Ds are in agreement that the rule of law is merely a weapon to be used against the masses, and does not apply above a certain level.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root?
Because it's too easy to hurl the accusation of racist motives. Everyone runs for cover when the race card comes out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
then why has this issue not taken root.

Because the Rs and the Ds are in agreement that the rule of law is merely a weapon to be used against the masses, and does not apply above a certain level.
That too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root. I know that the issue is dead at this point.

What Rufus said is VERY profound, and there is a large element of truth there.

I think it's also that since SCOTUS has refused to hear the issue, one state raising opposition at the Supreme Court level isn't enough. Add to that, it's not even a battleground state. So even if they revoked their electoral votes, nothing changes.

IC B3

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

What Rufus said is VERY profound, and there is a large element of truth there.

I think it's also that since SCOTUS has refused to hear the issue, one state raising opposition at the Supreme Court level isn't enough. Add to that, it's not even a battleground state. So even if they revoked their electoral votes, nothing changes.

The point is the courts, the people and our elected officials should care if a candidate is qualified to run for office, that sadly doesn't appear to be the case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, since I know some more of the politics at play I can say that it has far more to do with who the dissenting judges are than anything more.

Roy Moore is one of those guys that make even a die hard Jesus fan like myself cringe. His desire to legislate from the bench is like nothing else I've seen. Combine that with the fact that we'd have a State Religion if he had his way and you have a guy that many of us would just rather keep out of the press.

His campaign commercials had hymns playing in the background.

Even if he is on the right side of an argument, that message would be a secondary story to his beliefs.

That's why you don't here more of his happenings.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root?
Because it's too easy to hurl the accusation of racist motives. Everyone runs for cover when the race card comes out.

^^This^^

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Obama is a citizen. He just went through all of his schooling on foreign scholarships.

Seeing his transcripts would be the far bigger fish to fry.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The Birthers have moved on to other roomers like Big Foot and Voter Fraud.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Obama is a citizen. He just went through all of his schooling on foreign scholarships.

Seeing his transcripts would be the far bigger fish to fry.
He has NOT proven (in public) he is a citizen. Enough doubt has been cast on his citizenship, that I cannot see how anybody could state without a doubt that he either is, or is not a citizen. Seems to me that folks are stating he IS, and we should just take their word for it. I simply do not know, and until absolute proof is presented - a REAL birth certificate, college citizenship status, ect., I will assume it is not a done deal. Call me a skeptic.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Indonesia when one goes to school 2 of the requires are: Indonesian citizenship which doesn't recognize any dual citizenship. You are Indonesian or a foreigner. A foreigner cannot go to an Indonesian school. You cannot be a US citizen and a Indonesian at the same time. And you must be a Muslim.We already know from a few leaked school records he went to school here as on a foreign scholarships/ foreign loans and he stated he religion as Muslin. Just because this is true makes no difference. TOO MUCH TO LATE. HE WAS STILL ELECTED AND IS STILL IN OFFICE.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The Birthers have moved on to other roomers like Big Foot and Voter Fraud.

Rumors would probably be the proper spelling, retard.
Please tell me these guys are lying. You're not really a teacher, right?

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course he is, and like most teachers, under-acheivers, moochers and democrats..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, some of the teachers in Alaska must be pretty good. I've heard Sara Palin speak and she seems EXTREMELY intelligent.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 270cowboy, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.