Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
They have no spatial awareness. Most guys can thread the needle with their pickups. Women need a 40 acre field just to turn around.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Women are social creatures. Many women will pay more attention to the people riding in the car with them, the radio, or the phone than what is going on outside the car.

Men tend to ignore what's going on inside the car and pay more attention to what's going on in traffic around them. I believe it's just that our brains are wired differently. When I'm driving, I may be somewhere in heavy traffic that requires 100% of my attention, and my wife won't understand why I'm not listening to her. When she's driving, it's just the opposite.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Germany seems to have more aggressive drivers, but they're better and less distracted

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I live in an old subdivision just outside of down town,...narrow streets, with on street parking.

There's not room for 2 cars to pass on any of these streets.

Here's what I see on a regular basis around here.

Two men meet,..the one closest to a gap in the cars parked on the street pulls over and lets the other guy by.

Both wave as a simple gesture of common courtesy.

If you meet a woman driver coming down one of these narrow residential streets, it's time to find a place to get out of her way.

She's brain dead in the middle of the road and she owns the sumbitch.

Don't expect her to deviate one iota from her path for anything and don't expect her to slow down.

She might as well be a freight train on tracks.

That's a very valid observation.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
The most aggressive drivers I see today are young women who appear to be less than 25 years old. Even my wife complains about women drivers.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yesterday I had two women stop at the Yield signs going into a roundabout with no one else in the roundabout... They could not figure out who should go first!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BLG
Most women lack the basic situational awareness instincts. I have told my wife this many times. Whether walking around town or driving, women lack situational awareness.

Clyde

That is no lie there. I try to pound it in the old lady's head, but it just doesn't seem to take.

She was off living on her own for a while in a downtown environment due to a promotion. I was always on her about situational awareness, and how just being aware of your surroundings (head up, making eye contact, awareness of situations, etc.) can go a long way towards those intent on doing harm to others not seeing you as such an easy target or victim, not to mention giving you a few moments to plan a response in case something does happen.

One night we're walking on a side street downtown on the way back to her place. Up ahead I see a plain somewhat beaten up van, side door open, and two less than stellar looking guys hanging out by the open door. I moved to get between what would be them and her when we walked by. We walked up to it, passed, and continued on, all the while I've got my eyes on them, using reflections in windows to make sure they didn't follow, etc. The whole time she's yammering on about something or other. When past them, I asked her what we just passed. NO CLUE. None. Head in the clouds. I climbed her ass about that a bit, and it seemed to stick a little bit after that.

God forbid she ever needed the pepper spray baton I bought her and put on her key ring. Despite telling her she should always have her keys (pepper spray) in her hand while walking alone, it was always in the purse. Arrival at home meant a 5 to 10 second dig session in the purse to retrieve the keys.

Was a good day when she moved out of there and back home.

A pet peeve of mine is women in parking lots. A woman returning to a vehicle from shopping will have to get in her car, and dick around checking makeup, looking in purse, finding her phone, whatever, for at least a good minute before she can get the car started, in gear, and get the hell out of the space...completely unaware of those around her waiting to use the space. Guys...they jump in, start it up, and move out...it's a 10 second process. Women? Plan on waiting a good minute or two.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
twice in the last week I have been turning left and had a woman pass be in the turn because I wasn't going fastenough, and both times I almost hit them

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My sister was the most horrific driver I've ever known. She came back with the one you here women say all the time 'I've never had an accident'

To which I replied 'Yes, but I'm sure you caused 100'

Women just don't have a clue, they really do not. Bristoe is right, it's as if they are on a set of tracks.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Teenagers of either sex are a big problem because of texting. Colorado got the no texting while driving law thru because of a teenager that ran over and killed someone while texting and driving.

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yet the amazing thing to watch is the transformation that takes place when they move from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat - their powers of observation and attentiveness increase 100 fold. wink

"Watch out for that driver, he's turning!"

"Don't follow so closely!"

"You're driving too fast!"

"Be careful of that car coming out of the parking lot!"

"Slow down, the speed limit is only 35!"

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When a woman (most often a woman) comes to a construction barricade or a lane closure, they drive slowly right up to it and stop. Then they put on their signal. And they wait, hoping that another driver - another woman, usually - will bring traffic in the moving lane to a stop (and all the cars behind her to a SCREECHING stop) to let her in. And one will.

It is also usually women who think that the best way to merge into highway-speed traffic is to come to a stop on the on-ramp.

And streets aren't considered to be streets, they're just extensions from one parking lot to the next.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
....the vast majority of female drivers aren't distracted...by talking/texting and cannot bring themselves to put the phone down while driving.

Yes, driving is a severe interruption to their phone time.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Driving while talking or texting;

1st. offense, 1 year license suspension, $5,000 fine.
2nd. offense, permanent loss of license, $10,000 fine.

Same for drunk/stoned driving, same for driving with a dog in your lap.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A couple years ago a female college student left her school in Logan, UT and headed home in western ID. She was texting all the way across ID. At one point, she sent a text saying she shouldn't be doing that as it was too dangerous. Just a few minutes later, going up a steep hill, her 75 mph car rear ended a 35 mph semi in the slow lane. Witnesses said her brake lights never came on. RIP

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I'm an agressive driver but very safe.
I didn't really believe you guys on the texting and driving for a long time. Then I saw one driving down the center of two lanes. I said what the heck is that car doing.
Got around "her" and saw her wondering all over the road trying to text.
Bet these type have a short life span
Anyone around her has a short lifespan.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Driving while talking or texting;

1st. offense, 1 year license suspension, $5,000 fine.
2nd. offense, permanent loss of license, $10,000 fine.

Same for drunk/stoned driving, same for driving with a dog in your lap.

That's all we'd need is to give local governments a way to take even more cash out of our pockets. They just LOVE cell phone tickets...and it has not a thing to do with "safety". It is revenue generation, plain and simple.

I've know a ton of people who have gotten "cell phone tickets" for the following:

Picking up phone to dial a number (while speaking on hands free) at a stop light (happens a lot...they wait at lights and look for this).

Same as above in a traffic jam (car in PARK and STOPPED, LE on motorcycle).

Ticket for picking up phone to look at the time.

Ticket for using IPOD (was told it looked like a cell phone, he could fight it in court).

I got one for picking up phone to plug it into the charger...while at a stop light. LE was riding a mountain bike between cars looking into them to see if they could spot anyone holding a phone...a usual "tactic" here). Was told you "can't touch your phone while in the car". Bullchit. Show me where it's written? Usual answer..."you can plead your case in court".

Got another one for holding it in my hand on my lap while talking on speakerphone. Perfectly legal had I not been touching the phone. Spotted by LE walking between cars at a stop light and peering into vehicles.

Oftentimes they'll just say "you were handling your phone, so it's a ticket". Even though the law states you can DIAL the phone or perform other functions. They know you have to go to court, and most don't.

Happens all too often. This type of invasion of privacy pisses me off no end. If you have some kind of PC or reasonable suspicion, by all means, go out of your way to figure out why someone is driving like an azz. Otherwise mind your own fuggin' business.

Same LE in same geographical area loves to wait around crosswalks and ticket anyone who dares to pull into the crosswalk if someone is in it, even when they're at the far side of an 8 lane (4 each way with divider) road. Traffic gets backed up for a mile because the locals know they pull this chit.

If you're a pedestrian and your foot hits the crosswalk at the moment the crossing light starts to flash...ticket. Never mind you make it across with 10 seconds to spare.

I think the .gov has more than enough ways to take money out of our pockets as it is. If someone is driving poorly, by all means, take them to task. Otherwise butt the fug out.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have NEVER seen a man stop in the middle of the road, leave their car running w/door open and get out to look at a yard sale.
But I have lost track of the amount of women who do.

Last edited by krupp; 04/15/14.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Real estate signs are also danger zones.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
B
I do tree service and lawn care for a living. If I could count the number of times that my chipper truck with the 250 bandit chipper behind it was seemingly invisible to cars, (especially high end luxury cars) I would be have counted to infinity. Twice. All I have to show for it is several sets of of brake drums with heat cracks from panic braking.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,731
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.