Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we descendents of the scotti have not weighed in yet, but we're working on an appropriate response that will fit the conditions at hand. wink

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by isaac
The cows are gone, that's a done deal. Right now it's a matter of whether Bundy is going to be broke rather than his family being able to continue to enjoy the fruits of his life long labors.

Curious about that part of it. I've seen statements by the governor and the county officials saying they won't allow the cattle to leave the area if seized by the Feds, and it seems they are in charge of that. I know an eastern lawyer probably doesn't know anything about livestock movement restrictions in a ranching state, but curious to know how a federal court is going to view federal enforcement action that violates state law.

I know the Feds don't care about state law...

They don't need to transport the cattle out of the state.
They only want them off the Federal land.
They could sell then within the state, or work out an agreement for Bundy to keep them on his land if he pays what he owes

Last edited by Snyper; 04/17/14.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
in a pinch, the meat could be processed and donated to the homeless shelters, not sure of the ethics of that action though.

the people in the big cities such as Reno and Las Vegas are probably hungry for some good beef at a low price.

we all want justice to be done. the immediate problem is how best to define an appropriate "justice." one thing for sure, as much as I hate to agree with the ambulance chasers who frequent this board, I'd be lawyering up, heavy at this point in time. I mean, it's all negotiable, isn't it?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Or, more simply, take their case to a Nevada court, get a judgment, and place liens against his real estate, cattle, or bank accounts. Then, send the local sheriff's deputies out to seize items until the judgment is satisfied.

It's a subtle point, but the Constitution allows the federal government the ability to own land in the states, but the states have sovereignty over it. The federal government is just another landowner.

If a landowner has a dispute with a renter, he is not allowed to simply start seizing assets as the federal government did. The landowner has to follow the process.

Last edited by denton; 04/17/14.

Be not weary in well doing.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

again , they cannot sell them in state without breaking federal laws as they have no records for the animals themselves.
About the only thing they have is � the judge said we could remove the trespassing cattle �
Ok so fine ,who�s cattle are they ? Are they all Bundys?
Do you know ? Does the sale yard know ? The answer to that is NO !
that�s why we have laws so that the answer to that is YES.
Now another problem . Who do you think is going to buy these cattle ???

Sale yards were not accepting them , why because they have seen this before . So now what , would the fed set up their own impromptu sale yard ???
Ok so then would the permits , inspections and all other requirements then be waved , I other words the laws over looked .
But lets say they were , who is going to buy them , another rancher ?
Well I wouldn�t want to be that guy .
Feed lot ? Can you say end of that buissness ..
that�s why they wanted to take them to Utah as no where in Nevada was willing to take them . Ahhh but in order to do so , they had to break federal laws as well as state laws and that�s why the Utah governor said Nope.
so now that brings up the question of this
Feds accused of leaving trail of wreckage after Nevada ranch standoff
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...il-wreckage-after-nevada-ranch-standoff/

so for those who have been standing on this court order idea . can someone posted where the court gave the BLM and permission to do anything other then remove the cattle ?
Who authorized them to shoot the bulls . One of which was in a corral.
Another which is being reported to have been shot 5 times .
Seriously 5 times . Now what fringing idiot has to shoot a range bull 5 time to kill it ?
Then on top of all that , they left them out there to rot.
Where is the outcry from the animal rights groups about that ?
However I guarantee you if there was a photo of one single squashed tortes that one photo would be shown over and over and over again in the media as a justification for this

Last edited by captchee; 04/17/14.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They don't need to transport the cattle out of the state.
They only want them off the Federal land.
They could sell then within the state, or work out an agreement for Bundy to keep them on his land if he pays what he owes

After due process, and court orders supporting such sale of seizures. And also after all the Nevada brand inspection laws and transport and sale laws have been met. You can't just go and break state laws because you are the federales. Lot's of folks the that federal laws trump state and local laws. Not so. Haven't the federales broken enough laws and violated the Constitution enough for one event?

in a pinch, the meat could be processed and donated to the homeless shelters, not sure of the ethics of that action though.

Again, only after the proper laws and due process is followed. Plus, with this suggestion, the slaughtered cattle would have to be processed in a USDA inspected facility and passed for consumption by the public.

I may shoot one of his steers take it home and eat it....................

It's a good thing you will be armed then... Because you would need to be if I caught you shooting my cattle, or anyone I know that raises cattle. Why not let the courts enforce the civil judgments? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Or just let Bundy sit in jail until he complies with the court order.

He owes over 640 million as it is.

He can't win and he ain't no John Wayne.

He best get a solid lawyer to help him mitigate his impending nightmare and one who has no problem with super gluing his mouth shut.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What if..._______________?

or, what if...___________?

What if the federal agencies follow proper protocol and show some respect to citizens and their constitutional rights, and the laws within the state?

What if a person actually had a clue before posting? There are lots of BLM experts now that never sat foot on BLM. And lots of livestock ranchers that never got any closer to a cow than the highway right of way.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Where did that come from, Bob?

Hell you could by Nevada and give them Las Vegas as change for that. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I thought it was 1.35 million, but that was just the unpaid grazing fees/fines...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The 640 comes from a $200 per day fine on trespass cattle.

Rotsa Ruck Collecting that... smile

Now it's 1.35 million. Hell, lets just let the federales pick a number. I'm sure they will get the same amount, no matter what their number of the day is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yes, Bundy has shown very clearly how he handles his debts

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toad
yes, Bundy has shown very clearly how he handles his debts

Well, he showed how he handles environmental terrorists and their crack eviction team, at any rate. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Where did that come from, Bob?

Hell you could by Nevada and give them Las Vegas as change for that. smile

============

I don't have the order right in front of me but I believe it's from the Fed Ct's 1999 Order stating the fine would be 200 bucks, per head of cattle,after "X" amount of time (I think 45 days).

Don't hold me to it but I read it inside two days ago so my memory may still be somewhat intact.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I don't think their final tabulation reflects that though. They COULD impose an unreasonable fine on him, but it'd get tossed based on his ability to pay in the next 10 lifetimes though. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Now it's 1.35 million. Hell, lets just let the federales pick a number. I'm sure they will get the same amount, no matter what their number of the day is.

======

Easy for you to say,man, it's not your money.

He has a family including 14 children and who knows how many grandkids.

If I were in Bundy's shoes, I certainly hope I wouldn't be so selfish as to ignore my family and their potential need for my estate because I thought I didn't have to obey a Federal Ct judge.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I were in Bundy's shoes, I certainly hope I wouldn't be so selfish as to ignore my family and their potential need for my estate because I thought I didn't have to obey a Federal Ct judge.

WTF it's what democrats like; folks on the government tit.

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/...hinese-govt-get-rid-right-wing-ranchers/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

======

Hell man, his estate was ruined the day they served the order on him cutting his permit from 600 head to 150 head. From that point on, he had nothing to lose. Those kind of guys are kinda dangerous.... Take everything away from them they worked for all their life with a stroke of a pen, and sometimes you get what's left over.

The man's family seems to be backing him just fine too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The problem really is not that Bundy was wrong (at least legally), but the disproportionately excessive response from the BLM.

When did BLM get a SWAT team, anyway?

Does *every* fed agency have their own police force?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

======

Hell man, his estate was ruined the day they served the order on him cutting his permit from 600 head to 150 head. From that point on, he had nothing to lose. Those kind of guys are kinda dangerous.... Take everything away from them they worked for all their life with a stroke of a pen, and sometimes you get what's left over.

The man's family seems to be backing him just fine too.

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything he's no longer in your power - he's FREE again.
~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn

It's time to reread Solzhenitsyn, this time as survival manuals.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,307
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.