B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Rovering
Written in another thread, but I want it here in my thread as well:

The government class simply believes that it is all theirs. They believe that they own all that you do not, all that you do, all that you make, and indeed you. They believe that the sovereign is absolute and that all is to be distributed, primarily amongst them, by or used by the leave of the sovereign.

Note how they refer to allowing you to keep a bit of your money by deferring a tax increase as an expense to them, and how they claim that taking and spending more is an investment. Any time that the government class' leaders claim that not taxing more is a cost, the are claiming all that you do not own, all that you do 'own', all that you make, and indeed you.

As important as are those words on parchment from 1215 and 1776 they can do nothing alone. We must perpetually and vigilantly enforce them and the laws that flow from them upon the government class or they will assuredly enforce their own laws upon us taking all that we do not own, all that we do 'own', all that we make, and indeed us.

Since January 20, 2009 only twice has the government class' taking been slowed. When we led by the NRA defeated Obama's gun control legislation, and then when Bundy and his supporters humiliated and forced those government class LEO thugs to retreat.

http://www.sobran.com/reluctant.shtml

What if the Federal Government grossly violated the Constitution? Could states withdraw from the Union? Lincoln said no. The Union was �indissoluble� unless all the states agreed to dissolve it. As a practical matter, the Civil War settled that. The United States, plural, were really a single enormous state, as witness the new habit of speaking of �it� rather than �them.�

So the people are bound to obey the government even when the rulers betray their oath to uphold the Constitution. The door to escape is barred. Lincoln in effect claimed that it is not our rights but the state that is �unalienable.� And he made it stick by force of arms. No transgression of the Constitution can impair the Union�s inherited legitimacy. Once established on specific and limited terms, the U.S. Government is forever, even if it refuses to abide by those terms.

As Hoppe argues, this is the flaw in thinking the state can be controlled by a constitution. Once granted, state power naturally becomes absolute. Obedience is a one-way street. Notionally, �We the People� create a government and specify the powers it is allowed to exercise over us; our rulers swear before God that they will respect the limits we impose on them; but when they trample down those limits, our duty to obey them remains.

Sobran, though, is not arguing that that is as it should be. He is just arguing that that is the sorry stat in which we post Lincoln and FDR find ourselves.

Well,...he's simply stating that a constitution isn't sufficient to keep the state from assuming power.

Once power is centralized, the state will define *any* constitution in a manner which benefits the state.

,..which is exactly what the U.S. government has done.

Once Lincoln declared that a state which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union, the constitution was a dead letter.

It ceased to exist in any meaningful way after the Civil War.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
To most people this doesn't make the militias look brave patriots, it makes them look like dangerous crackpots.

Perhaps. That is exactly the view Reid and his minions want you to take.

But it makes the BLM thugs that actually used violence look even worse to the people that are informed.

Reid didn't tell me what to believe.

So can you list the fatalities and injuries that resulted from that violence? I would say they used minimal force. They used so little force that they backed way completely. Bundy's son who got tased? He was defying lawful orders and had driven his ATV into a government vehicle.

They allowed at least one "protester" to point a rifle at them without killing him. That seems pretty patient to me.

Just as a reminder, appropriate force is allowed in support of the law, force is not allowed in resisting the law.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have to ask...why is it that all of a sudden when we've had a few hot and long threads here over the past month or so, that we've got all these "members" showing up with Registration Dates going way back to '03 or '04 or so. They've only got a few hundred posts though, at most, and nobody's ever heard of them? They're also all on the side of big government. Anybody else think that's strange?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes.Predictable.Expect a personal visit.

Last edited by jdm953; 04/20/14. Reason: add

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Buck_
To most people this doesn't make the militias look brave patriots, it makes them look like dangerous crackpots.

But it makes the BLM thugs that actually used violence look even worse to the people that are informed.

So can you list the fatalities and injuries that resulted from that violence? I would say they used minimal force. They used so little force that they backed way completely. Bundy's son who got tased? He was defying lawful orders and had driven his ATV into a government vehicle.

They allowed at least one "protester" to point a rifle at them without killing him. That seems pretty patient to me.

Just as a reminder, appropriate force is allowed in support of the law, force is not allowed in resisting the law.

How about the BLM snipers pointing guns at the protesters?
So is that ok?
I sure hope your attitude is the minority, otherwise we are destined to be ruled by the tyrannical regime of the day.

You are a perfect example of whats causing the encroachment on our liberties.
Go ahead and submit yourself to being ruled over, just dont try and take us with you.
Useful idiot!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Perhaps you could enlighten us to where there is a law that allows ANYONE to use threats of deadly force (pointing guns) while effecting a CIVIL judgment?

Is your ex-wife allowed to pull a gun on you to pay child support? Or create "First Amendment Zones" 3 miles form where anyone can hear you if your opinion differs from hers?

Just as a reminder, "the force necessary to effect an arrest" is allowed in criminal violations and cases. wink

The only criminal violations anyone saw in those tense days at Gold Butte were those committed by the government.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bundy's son who got tased? He was defying lawful orders and had driven his ATV into a government vehicle.

Got proof of that?

I saw him tased three times when he never even balled a fist, and his feet were squarely on the ground. (As the agent threw his aunt to the ground, and set the K-9 units on them.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Put the women and children at the front lines, and if the Feds want to open fire the media can show them killing them first!

Pretty much the plan of the fanatical ex-sheriff from Arizona that came to lend his support....

Hide behind the women and children!

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Perhaps you could enlighten us to where there is a law that allows ANYONE to use threats of deadly force (pointing guns) while effecting a CIVIL judgment?

Is your ex-wife allowed to pull a gun on you to pay child support? Or create "First Amendment Zones" 3 miles form where anyone can hear you if your opinion differs from hers?

Just as a reminder, "the force necessary to effect an arrest" is allowed in criminal violations and cases. wink

The only criminal violations anyone saw in those tense days at Gold Butte were those committed by the government.
Apparently somebody said this to me awhile back and I didn't see it. I'd like to point out that I haven't advocated any illegal acts. I'd like to further point out as Rockinbar is saying, illegal acts are not limited to non-government personnel. It has also been pointed out several times that once the Nazi Party came to power, the Nazi's always acted under color of law and the Jews and other "undesirables" were always in violation of the law. As a consequence, the Jewish people were nearly exterminated.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Put the women and children at the front lines, and if the Feds want to open fire the media can show them killing them first!

Pretty much the plan of the fanatical ex-sheriff from Arizona that came to lend his support....

Hide behind the women and children!

Phil
Another communist big .gov supporter weighs in.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I have to ask...why is it that all of a sudden when we've had a few hot and long threads here over the past month or so, that we've got all these "members" showing up with Registration Dates going way back to '03 or '04 or so. They've only got a few hundred posts though, at most, and nobody's ever heard of them? They're also all on the side of big government. Anybody else think that's strange?

Of course, it's to be expected especially on this Forum.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

It's a conspiracy! Government spies! We infiltrated years ago so we could be in place when the Bundy showdown happened.

Is that more likely than that we are fellow hunters and gun owners who disagree with some of you? Or is it not allowed to dissent with the dissenters?

I'm not pro Big Government, I'm anti law-by-militia.

Last edited by Buck_; 04/20/14.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So you are saying that you are a Tory.Your choice.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are a number of people on the Fire and they shall remain nameless but we all know who they are, would have made very good Nazis. "I was just following orders."

If the Constitution is going to have any validity as the supreme law of the land than force has to back it up. Hence, the reason for the 2nd Amendment. The present regime of King Barrack I is a lawless regime and the Constitution gives the people the right to use necessary force to enforce the Constitution on the regime if necessary much like the Magna Carta was forced on King John in 1215 by his barons.

We are at a serious crossroads in this country as to what direction we are going to go, is the Constitution going to be the supreme law of the land or merely a historical parchment document.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's a conspiracy! Government spies! We infiltrated years ago so we could be in place when the Bundy showdown happened.

Is that more likely than that we are fellow hunters and gun owners who disagree with some of you? Or is not allowed to dissent with the dissenters?

Oh you are a big government liberal alright and a agent provocateur.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the rules of liberals is too deny they are liberal and claim they are reasonable.
They are sneaky scoundrels!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Oh you are a big government liberal alright and a agent provocateur.

Brilliant.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not the conservatives you have to worry about being violent and using weapons.

The liberals are the ones to fear.
Liberals will use guns to take your liberties away.

Conservative value weapons as a means of defense.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes, I've noticed it as well. Very strange.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Is that more likely than that we are fellow hunters and gun owners who disagree with some of you? Or is not allowed to dissent with the dissenters?

More like what Bristoe terms a "Knothead".

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 358wsm, 204guy, 16 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.