Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wife worked at a school with a child named:
Taeajanaea, pronounced
Tay azha nay

Mom was proud that every other letter was an "a," kid couldn't spell her own name.

Keep Smiling

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Guys named Todd really piss me off!!!

Last edited by rjf611; 04/13/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many many moons ago when my kids were young my wife babysat several kids, I always made fun of the kids and their names. One of the kids was named Satchel so I called him Breifcase, another was named Kendal I called her 10w30, 10dubya for short. The kids all loved it, the parents not so much.

A year or so ago I ran into 10dubya and she remarked how much fun it was over at Miss Laura's house.

Good times......

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/13/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My brother had a Lemon Joy in one of his grade school classes.

Sean
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I still say that little colored girl had the most distinctive name. La-A

Pronounced LaDasha. The dash is NOT silent. laugh

laffin'

My favorite "La" name was "Latrina."

One lady where I work named her children "Porche" and "Escalade."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I taught in public school since '73. Retired after 30 yrs. Still substitute mostly for my "shop" teacher friends.

As time goes on the names just keep getting worse. I try like heck to read them correctly and often get them right.

The strangest name to date is easy enough to say but still leaves me wondering. The first name of a female high school student is GIRL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=rjf611]Guys named Todd really piss me off!!!

yeah. Reminds me that it's 'Noogie time'.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have always felt sorry for the kids of these parents that think up "unique" spellings when they name their kid.
For the rest of that kid's life they're going to have to stop mid sentence and phonetically spell out their name to every single person that needs to know it.
Certainly not a huge deal, but a totally unnecessary inconvenience created out of complete silliness by parents that didn't think things through.

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
My wife and daughter were in the office going over intern applications. My wife asked why would some folks would name their kids such strange names and my daughter Kateen turned and just looked at her. smile

So tell me how did you come up with Kateen?

And why?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is pretty funny

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Part 1

and 2

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Years ago got to a new job and I'm going through a list of employees that I needed to work with. I got to, Amy Kim and thought what's the last name...the worst part of it was Kim was a "he"...guess dad wanted him to be tough.

The recent stealing of gender names really bugs me, too. Since when was Peighton, and talor, and...etc...all girls names!? We were super careful in picking names for our boys because of this...and now I worried some girl will be in his school class with some goofy spelling of Tyson!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's been 40 years ago, but I went to HS with a guy named Lundon England. Spelled slightly different from the city. He was once sent to the office by a substitute for refusing to give her his real name in class.

My son graduated with a kid we all knew just as Bo. Right before receiving his diploma his real, full name was called out. Eboneezer Moses ****** the 10th. Talk about pressure to keep up the family name.

I also taught 30 years and ran across quite a few unique names. Most aren't really that bad, but some are unique.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TexasRick
Reminds me of the story of twins born to a black family. The Uncle was allowed to name them.

When asked what he named the girl....he said "Denice". That's very pretty, what about the boy.....he said "Denephew".

That one reminds me of the Mexican Firefighter that had a set of twin boys. When asked what he named them he said "dis one is Jose, and dis one is Hose B".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

My son Jim and his wife Lisa were going to name their kid Holden Cash M________. Turned out to be a girl so they named her Maria in honor of her great grandmother.

I call her "Screech" but that's another story.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My father was in the insurance buisness for years and swore this was true. Insuring a family and the daughter was named Fee-mal-ee'....spelled Female.

When he asked about the name he was told by the mother.....we didn't want to name her that but when they brought he to us after the birth she was wearing a braclet with her name already on it....Female, Johnson.

Guess it's not as bad as the senator named Hogg....who actually named his daughter "Ima".

Then there was the man....last name Lay....who named his daughter "Easy". Said he figured she'd get the nickname sooner or later and just made it official.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My aunt is a nurse who treated a pregnant mother who named her son Love Magnificent. really.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When i worked at the Pentagon there was a AF Brig General there named Richard C Head. and he was bald as a cue ball and had a perpetually red complexion. i scheeit you not. and he lived up to his nickname too.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Don't know if its an urban legend.

I love "Nosomking"

Heard that in nursing school during OB rounds.

Black lady with a baby hood rat, supposedly sees a NO SMOKING sign and well......

Then there is the tale of the same race naming her daughter..... what for it......

Chlamydia.................

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 15 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 851 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.