Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lets cut to the core of this Moses.

The reasons for, historical implications of and the social divide of that war have raged since the first shot was fired. You can debate the whats and the whys. You can take sides within the context of States rights.

One thing you can't and shouldn't do is slander/desecrate the resting place of the men, women and children who lived thru the horror. Makes no difference if they were from the North or South.

If a Northerner made the same inference to a Confederates resting place my feelings would be the same. You stepped over the line, plane and simple and it can't be justified.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thats all you got? You're nothing but a paper cutout of a real Southerner.

Last edited by battue; 04/26/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A campfire lecture on the Civil War is just what I needed.

Thank you. It's all so clear now.

You're accusation of desecrating the resting places of yankee soldiers is quite humorous.

Trying to throw women and children in the mix to bolster your case is pathetic and dishonest.

Posting a pic isn't grave desecration you cretin, but feel free to keep making schit up.

It's all you're good at.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Guess they are quiet folk in that no longer can speak for themselves. Funny how that worked out. And you are more than welcome to send them home. We would love to have them.

You're running uphill and you ain't got the legs to make the top.

Last edited by battue; 04/26/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I didn't see anyone getting upset when rrroae made his remark about southerners.

Funny how that schit doesn't work both ways.

Just so I know, what disparaging remark did I make about southerners?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by battue

The reasons for, historical implications of and the social divide of that war have raged since the first shot was fired. You can debate the whats and the whys. You can take sides within the context of States rights.

One thing you can't and shouldn't do is slander/desecrate the resting place of the men, women and children who lived thru the horror. Makes no difference if they were from the North or South.

If a Northerner made the same inference to a Confederates resting place my feelings would be the same. You stepped over the line, plane and simple and it can't be justified.

I'd buy you a beer anytime.

It's not about the why, it's about respect. It's about some kid, 150 years ago, scared, tired, hungry, who thought he was doing his duty. It's about that kid, someone's son (think about that, if you have kids) getting a bullet in the gut or a bayonet in the chest, dying alone on some bloody battlefield far from home. What were his last thoughts? State's rights? The stain of slavery? No, he probably just said "Mama, where are you?" And died.

And you're pi$$ing on his grave.

So go ahead, wave your flag and stomp your foot, re-fight battles from a century and a half ago, and see what changes. In the meantime you are showing your true character which is, I must say, really base.

Do you ever understand the idea of shame? If you were a man you would.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One great thing about internet forums is you see the diversity of opinion we have in our great country - and how many really cranky and unhappy people are out there willing to share.

I certainly don't think Cameraland is perfect and sometimes have disagreed with their opinion on specific items, but they are a darn good optics outfit and go out of their way to try and provide customer service. I recommend Doug and his team all the time when folks are looking for a good deal on quality optics.

One of my pet peeves is being pushed off to the manufacturer when an item I just bought from a reseller doesn't work so the OP certainly has a point. At least you don't have to make an appointment to return something like the Apple store tried on me last time. Not buying from a retail source in protest is always a valid method of expressing your displeasure - I doubt CL will notice and this thread will be forgotten in a short time.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

It's not about the why, it's about respect. It's about some kid, 150 years ago, scared, tired, hungry, who thought he was doing his duty. It's about that kid, someone's son (think about that, if you have kids) getting a bullet in the gut or a bayonet in the chest, dying alone on some bloody battlefield far from home. What were his last thoughts? State's rights? The stain of slavery? No, he probably just said "Mama, where are you?" And died.

So go ahead, wave your flag and stomp your foot, re-fight battles from a century and a half ago, and see what changes. In the meantime you are showing your true character which is, I must say, really base.

P

You guys are spot on.

It wouldn't make any difference if the graves were those of Japanese soldiers from WWII, or Iraqi Army soldiers from the First Gulf War.

Moses's post was just plain disrespectful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regardless of whether Moses has started Civil War 2, this thread needs to die.

23 pages of this crap?

Move on people.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

I didn't see anyone getting upset when rrroae made his remark about southerners.

Originally Posted by rrroae

Just so I know, what disparaging remark did I make about southerners?

It�s about manners and class. You were clearly out of line

Trust me, most of us northerners who live in the country talk just as slow and polite as you southern boys who live in rural areas.

Yeah, yeah, you southerners are perfect and all us northerners are the devil.
I've heard your song and dance routine before.

Next time try some Southern Hospitality, you arrogant, pushy, disrespectful Northerner

I live not too far from hundreds of Northerners. Very quiet folk.

[Linked Image]

FO boys.

Battue, it gives me great satisfaction that you have injured your puzzy crying over this.

To the rest of you, If you don't like it tough schit.

Well at least ya'll aren't bashing Doug anymore. I'd say it worked.

1500 CC's of vagisil will fix that yankee snatch right up.

John, there are [bleep] on the internet. Not everyone has the dignity and class you do. You will just have to learn to ignore them.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Yep.

Spent 3 days at Gettysburg about a month ago. Walk across the field where Pickett's charge occurred or stand on Little Round Top with Chamberlain's guys and you'll soon realize that both sides were incredibly brave men - regardless of your position on the issues. There is awe-inspiring power in those sites and graves. They are sacred - period.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ah come on, those Southern boys had a cake walk moving across that mile of open ground. Problem was it was a cake walk thru a dozen forms of hell.

Those in Gray hallowed that ground as much as those who wore Blue.

Last edited by battue; 04/30/14.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506

23 pages of this crap?

Move on people.

how the hell did this stupid thread started by a disgruntled azzwipe, get down to the Civil War? Damned if I'll read it to find out though. shocked

Sam......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

23 pages of this crap?

Move on people.

how the hell did this stupid thread started by a disgruntled azzwipe, get down to the Civil War? Damned if I'll read it to find out though. shocked

Disgruntled azzwipe, for once, has a partial legitimate gripe. Chooses to broadcast gripe on a public forum full of CL lovers instead of quietly handling himself.

CL issues condescending rebuttal.

Legions of azzwipe haters come out defending CL.

Legions of i dotters and t crossers point out i's weren't dotted, t's weren't crossed in this deal, azzwipe has a point.

CL admits asswipe had a point, resolve to do better.

Vortex contacts OP, issue resolved.

Legions of CL buyers report many, many thousands of $ spent, CL was pleasant while taking $.

A few indicate azzwipe isn't the only one that CL may have left a few i's undotted, t's uncrossed.

Legions of CL buyers report many, many positive customer service anecdotes w/ CL. No problems w/ CL.

Legions of anti-azzwipe suggest azzwipe was the root cause of problem.

A southerner thinks there is a communication/manners gap between Northerners/Southerners that led to this problem.

Northerners suggest that's stupid - a lot of Northerners are every bit as quiet and polite as their Southern Brethren.

John Moses steps up with this post:

[Linked Image]

Scopegate is forgotten - There is now unified hate by anti-azzwipes and i dotters/t crossers for JM.

You are now up to speed.

HTH

David

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

23 pages of this crap?

Move on people.

Disgruntled azzwipe, for once, has a partial legitimate gripe. Chooses to broadcast gripe on a public forum full of CL lovers instead of quietly handling himself.

CL issues condescending rebuttal.

Legions of azzwipe haters come out defending CL.

Legions of i dotters and t crossers point out i's weren't dotted, t's weren't crossed in this deal, azzwipe has a point.

CL admits asswipe had a point, resolve to do better.

Vortex contacts OP, issue resolved.

Legions of CL buyers report many, many thousands of $ spent, CL was pleasant while taking $.

A few indicate azzwipe isn't the only one that CL may have left a few i's undotted, t's uncrossed.

Legions of CL buyers report many, many positive customer service anecdotes w/ CL. No problems w/ CL.

Legions of anti-azzwipe suggest azzwipe was the root cause of problem.

A southerner thinks there is a communication/manners gap between Northerners/Southerners that led to this problem.

Northerners suggest that's stupid - a lot of Northerners are every bit as quiet and polite as their Southern Brethren.

John Moses steps up with this post:

[Linked Image]

Scopegate is forgotten - There is now unified hate by anti-azzwipes and i dotters/t crossers for JM.

You are now up to speed.

HTH

David

Thanks for that! 24 pages of posts summarized nice and neatly. wink

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
not to surprise anyone, but, I could give two hairy FKs what most of you think.
you only make yourselves look like retards when you discount a legitimate gripe based on your ideas about my personality.
secondly, vortex sent me a replacement scope.
thirdly CL APOLOGIZED VIA PM... apology= wrongdoing.

lastly...SMD AND GFY, haters.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to surprise you, but it is very safe to say that we care less than you do, regardless of how little it is that you care.

An apology does not equal wrongdoing. In retail, irrespective of fault, it is sometimes deemed a wise course of action when someone believes they have been wronged despite the facts to the contrary.....

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just a little bait will bring the stupid out in this place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=ringworm]not to surprise anyone, but, I could give two hairy FKs what most of you think.[quote]

yes you do

Last edited by cooperfan; 04/30/14.
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,194 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,244
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.