-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm certainly no expert on these matters but what are the odds of Bundy being able to afford a lawyer good enough to defeat harry reid and his son in court? The reid's have millions in donations from the solar company and can hire any lawyer they want(and probably any judge as well).

Last edited by mog75; 04/23/14. Reason: big r

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Dude, you look bad because you ignore facts.

And,to accept and argue within established facts should be a bastion and foundation of conservative principles. To call folks liberals and commies because they feel constrained to deal with the reality of proven facts is a character flaw of yours, not those you lamely attack, without any substantive basis whatsoever.

Well Bob,

Judging by your response to the initial post of this thread: "Militias head to Nevada rancher�s standoff with feds: We�re not �afraid to shoot "

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Militias_head_to_Nevada_ran#Post8769824
TFF.

And the judging by others reactions to that post you made, any personal attacks toward your own character being flawed in fact would have plenty of substantive basis.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Biggest mistake the guy made was in the beginning, going into the courts against the government and representing himself! But by loosing and loosing the appeals to boot, he's now just pretty much [bleep]-out-of-luck!

Phil

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
AFP (American's for Prosperity) have come out and are supporting the Bundy cause.
Two affiliates of the Koch-funded Americans for Prosperity are helping conservative media promote the cause of a Nevada rancher who has made violent threats against the federal government.

If anyone didn't notice, in the last elections the Koch Brothers tried to buy the elections of several states. Mine being one of them. They spent millions tryng to get very conservative candidates in office. They bought up close to 300,000 acres in Montana alone, and are now trying to trade for the best hunting lands that are on public. Their not making friends here.

So the press shenanigans being played out by Fox and all the right wing blogs across the nation are more than likely going to end up with Koch finger prints on them. This is what happens to our system when you let money in politics. The focus is on Reid, and I'm not a supporter, but who would stand to gain with him gone?

Koch's crew in the last election was notorious for lies and deceit.
Koch brothers ties to Bundy.

Maybe bundy knows Koch will support him with lawyers, and money this time around. Someone on here said follow the money once, and I think eventually it will show up pointing right to the Koch Brothers. Playing the right has never been so easy.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bundy can have his pick of lawyers pro bono now.

He doesn't have to stoop to get one. He just has to bathe after being around one all day. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
fuggin' commies

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dude, you look bad because you ignore facts.

And,to accept and argue within established facts should be a bastion and foundation of conservative principles. To call folks liberals and commies because they feel constrained to deal with the reality of proven facts is a character flaw of yours, not those you lamely attack, without any substantive basis whatsoever.

Well Bob,

Judging by your response to the initial post of this thread: "Militias head to Nevada rancher�s standoff with feds: We�re not �afraid to shoot "

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Militias_head_to_Nevada_ran#Post8769824
TFF.

And the judging by other reactions to that post you made, any personal attacks toward your own character being flawed in fact would have plenty of substantive basis.

========

That's exactly what I said and I meant it. It's all about facts,the law and educating the less than fortunate as to what they might consider dying for with the added help of stay at home,computer freedom fighters such as yourself.

All that and the 2x4 method you completely misunderstood.

How much more help do you need,lightweight?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Liberals,...progressives,...democrats.

Call a spade a spade,...

they're fuggin' old school commies.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Saw this one today . . .

[Linked Image]

ya real funny chit there .
you think the outcome would have been diffrent .?

Nevada rancher and former Shoshone chief's range war with BLM predates Bundy standoff

Long before Cliven Bundy faced down federal agents in his dispute with the Bureau of Land Management over grazing rights, fellow Nevada rancher Raymond Yowell, an 84-year-old former Shoshone chief, watched as the BLM seized his herd.
Adding to that, since 2008 they've taken his money as well -- in the form of a piece of his Social Security checks.

Yowell's 132 head of cattle had grazed for decades on the South Fork Western Shoshone Indian Reservation in northeastern Nevada until 2002, when the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) -- the same agency at odds with Bundy -- seized them. The federal agency sold the cattle at auction and used the proceeds to pay off the portion of back grazing fees it claimed Yowell owed. Once the cattle was sold, the agency sent Yowell a bill for the outstanding balance, some $180,000. They've been garnishing his monthly Social Security checks since 2008 to satisfy the debt Yowell says he does not owe.

"There�s a definite pattern in the West, beginning in the 1990s, maybe in the late '80s, of what I feel are illegal cattle seizures," Yowell said. "[Bundy's case] is the latest example of that pattern.�

While Bundy is defying the federal agency over fees for grazing cattle on government-owned land, Yowell's cattle had roamed reservation land. But a 1979 Supreme Court decision held that even land designated for Indian reservations is held in trust for them, and thus subject to BLM regulation. Yowell says treaties that led to creation of the reservation granted him and other herdsmen the right to graze cattle on the land, which they did successfully for decades. The Western Shoshone say they have never relinquished their right to the territory.

Yowell represented himself in a successful effort to win a federal injunction to stop the BLM from impounding his cattle, as well as a subsequent 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that reversed the lower court. He's again representing himself in a petition to have the U.S. Supreme Court hear his case, in which he argues his cattle were taken without due process and in violation of multiple treaties.

�Certainly, due process of law has not been followed in my case,� Yowell told FoxNews.com. �When we were kids going to school, learning the white way, we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and one of the things I remember saying is �equality and justice for all.� Well that�s certainly not the case.�
Celia Boddington, a BLM spokeswoman, said she had no comment on the pending case. But the BLM has previously said the tribe�s Te-Moak Livestock Association held a federal permit to graze cattle on the public land from 1940 to 1984, but had stopped paying required fees in 1984, when it asserted the tribe rightfully owned the land.

Last week, the U.S. Solicitor General's Office, which represents the federal government in disputes before the Supreme Court, was granted an extension in Yowell's case even as the Bundy situation was making national headlines. Federal attorneys are due to file a response to Yowell's petition for a writ of certiorari on June 4.

While the Bundy case is not exactly the same as Yowell's, the parallels are obvious in the The Silver State and beyond. Bundy�s dispute, like Yowell�s, dates back decades to when the government designated the scenic Gold Butte region, where Bundy's cattle graze, as protected habitat for endangered desert tortoise and slashed his allotment of cows. He then quit paying grazing fees to BLM, which canceled his grazing permit and ordered him to remove his 380 cattle.

Yowell said he sees some �commonality� between his fight and Bundy�s, but stressed his claim to the land is further strengthened by the Treaty of Ruby Valley of 1863, which formally recognized Western Shoshone rights to some 60 million acres in Nevada, Idaho, Utah and California. In 1979, however, the Supreme Court ruled that the treaty gave the government trusteeship over tribal lands and could eventually claim them as �public� or federal land.

�His feeling is that he�s acquired certain rights and now his rights are being violated by the Bureau of Land Management,� Yowell said. �But I have Indian rights, treaty rights that he doesn�t have.�

Yowell, who has separately sued the BLM and the Treasury Department for $30 million, said the U.S Treasury Department began garnishing his Social Security in 2008 check at BLM�s behest.

�They�re entitled to take up to 15 percent of what I get,� said Yowell, who receives $962 of what should be an $1,150 check per month. �And that�s what they�re doing.�

Yowell, who retired in 2006 and turned what remained of his ranching business
over to his 50-year-old son, said his legal fight is his "legacy," even though it has already left him with a jaded view of the white man's government.

�It�s diminished my feeling, my view of the government,� Yowell told FoxNews.com. �They don�t practice what they say.�

the last part really gets me as he didnt figure that out a hell of along time ago

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
fuggin' commies

+1

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=JohnMoses]

For those of you who think the government didn't win the day in being wise enough to avoid bloodshed and death over this HS,after courts of law have ruled, shame on what you've become.

The legal system was used for the theft of this man property rights for the benefit of others. If you can't see how that is wrong, I pity you.

Besides, if Obama can pick and choose what laws to enforce, why can I choose what laws to obey?

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm glad you saw the humor in the fact that Americans were squaring of at a potential battlefield. I guess that humor was lost on others as well.

FWIW, I agree with you on most things.

Bundy is guilty in the eyes of the court that judged him. There is no doubt. That's a given. Your Court Orders that you wave show that.

Where we part company is where you feel like the law is always right, simply because it's the law.

I feel like Bundy got a raw deal because the changing elements of government now show preferential treatment to radical environmental groups, and allow themselves to become the evictors for them by pushing out folks like Bundy.

We need to change that. We need to change it legislatively, and the way it is dealt with administratively as well when it comes to the dangerous clusterphuck way the BLM handled it.

I AM very conservative, and DO believe in the law. But, I'm smart enough to know that just because it IS law, it doesn't automatically make it right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Bundy's lie about ancestral grazing rights.

Looks like some good reportings been overlooked.

Are any of you really suppressed?

It turns out that Fox News hero Cliven Bundy is not just a lawbreaking moocher � he�s also a big, fat liar
Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/cliven_bun...ews_let_him_04222014#tlevfzU3P0wDY5S1.99

Tale a few mins and look up one of Alaska's favorite Tea Party candidates for federal office...Joe Miller...Also a "awbreaking moocher � he�s also a big, fat liar" and is running for Congress with full 21 guns a blazing by the gullible conservative up here.

Link: ww.bestoftheblogs.com/Home/post/Alaska-s-Joe-Miller--Another--Conservative--Leech

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
fuggin' commies

I say send the freeloading welfare queen to a gulag or possibly a work camp.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Where we part company is your thinking that Bundy can ignore the law by inciting violence against the government, especially when the law was abundantly clear on all points.

"I don't like it" isn't a argument for folks over 2 years old. Willingness to die over it suggests we have many not wiser than two year olds.

Egging it on from your rocking chair on the sun side of your porch is pathetic.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Bundy's lie about ancestral grazing rights.

Looks like some good reportings been overlooked.

Are any of you really suppressed?

It turns out that Fox News hero Cliven Bundy is not just a lawbreaking moocher � [b]he�s also a big, fat liar
Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/cliven_bun...ews_let_him_04222014#tlevfzU3P0wDY5S1.99[/b]

Tale a few mins and look up one of Alaska's favorite Tea Party candidates for federal office...Joe Miller...Also a "awbreaking moocher � he�s also a big, fat liar" and is running for Congress with full 21 guns a blazing by the gullible conservative up here.

Link: ww.bestoftheblogs.com/Home/post/Alaska-s-Joe-Miller--Another--Conservative--Leech

I have friends that shoot "suppressed", and I imagine that as a little girl, your education was "suppressed".... But, then I am not really surprised at your Jr. High level assessment. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
FWIW, I agree with you on most things.

Bundy is guilty in the eyes of the court that judged him. There is no doubt. That's a given. Your Court Orders that you wave show that.
=======

Hell man, even my respected buddy Gregg wants to label me a clown and wrap me upside the head on this one.

I have to stick to the facts and the law though and you old [bleep] need to make some room for the changes going on in this world. Laws [bleep] with my happiness too but I think it best to deal with them in fashions other than widowing and orphaning folks.

William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Everyone should read this piece on how the BLM has been going after ranchers in Nevada.

Government Thugs

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where we part company is your thinking that Bundy can ignore the law by inciting violence against the government, especially when the law was abundantly clear on all points.

"I don't like it" isn't a argument for folks over 2 years old. Willingness to die over it suggests we have many not wiser than two year olds.

Egging it on from your rocking chair on the sun side of your porch is pathetic.

Well, I guess I'm about the only one that can relate to being GLAD that the founders of our country "didn't like it", and were willing to die over their beliefs then.

I never said violence was the answer to this problem though. But once again, you elude to the law being right, yet again. And yes, it was abundantly clear. So was the part where the feds violated it from many facets.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,479
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.