Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

He owes over 1 million in grazing fees.

Please continue to hold your breath.

Do you know where that money is supposed to go... by law?

He's already putting that much back into the land every couple years.

Kent

I believe half of it is supposed to go back into habitat.

Are you saying because he ran water lines he doesn't have to pay what he owes because Bundy believes it's Nevada state land and because he made improvements on the property?

That's what it sounds like. Sorry, but Cliven Bundy doesn't get to decide who controls that property.

It's a well established fact who controls it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Are you saying because he ran water lines he doesn't have to pay what he owes because Bundy believes it's Nevada state land and because he made improvements on the property?

That's what it sounds like. Sorry, but Cliven Bundy doesn't get to decide who controls that property.

It's a well established fact who controls it.

Nope, my context is very specific.

He controls the grazing as long as he keeps possession. If he ever moved off he would never get back on. He has chosen to be Geronimo and defy BLM with ancestral heritage... it's the card he's got.

Regardless of that, he continues to invest large sums of money into the property annually.

So in the context of 'freeloader'... some members here slept through range management and economics class.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 04/24/14.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I don't get that? He is putting $500,000 a year into the land? where does he get that kind of money? 500 cows a year, @ $1000ea? no operating expenses, no taxes no fuel, no salaries?

Can you do the numbers for me?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Dave a dumbass Liberal huh? So is 5sDad for agreeing with him and so is Rancho because he made a reasonable post.

Put the bottle down.

They happen to be 3 of the finest folks on this forum and Libtards they ain't. They aren't freaked out malcontents either...

Labeling everyone a liberal who disagrees with you regarding Bundy's claims is comical.

That's like me accusing all you revolutionaries of being McVeigh supporters.

Sad thing is, in your case it's probably not for off the mark.

Strong words by your friends on the Bundy/BLM news.
Like they had a dog in the fight, which they don't.
So if they talk, walk and post like dumbaxxe liberals, I'll draw attention to that fact.
You must look like skat for sticking your nose in other peoples business.
I'm sure they can defend their retarded posts all by themselves without your 2�.
So put the bottle of Ex-Lax down and go away.
Or just go away

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Peddle your leftist trash elsewhere

Peddle your right wing Tea Baggin BS elsewhere. I'll leave when you do.

What's that you say, son of obozo?

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
And sometimes you think you know somebody and you really don't.

�So Northern dave farts and Mannlicker falls outta bed?

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Peddle your leftist trash elsewhere

Peddle your right wing Tea Baggin BS elsewhere. I'll leave when you do.

What's that you say, son of obozo?

So what's your thoughts on your savior and king Bundy now?

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What does, oh, never mind.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, ok then. Bundys not perfect like ze row.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
You know the sad part about this whole debacle is the turtles probably thrive on cow [bleep]...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, or tumble bugs. wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I don't get that? He is putting $500,000 a year into the land? where does he get that kind of money? 500 cows a year, @ $1000ea? no operating expenses, no taxes no fuel, no salaries?

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how come these ...demoncrate / trolls / come out of the wood work...... to read and reply to this chit???????

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Sycamore

I already answered this in my second post in this thread... of course you redefined/limited my context opposite of my previous comments.

And you've already did some numbers... don't let me get in your way.

You said 500,000 I didn't. I said a couple... and couple defined in the informal... Oxford dictionary...

3 � informal An indefinite small number: [as pronoun]: he hoped she�d be better in a couple of days we got some eggs�would you like a couple? [as determiner]: just a couple more questions North American clean the stains with a couple squirts dishwashing liquid.

Never the less I did say to reference the Boquillas as a similar sized operation. Sitting in different meetings with G&F presentations of the Boquillas ranch costs for water, roads, fence maintenance 500,000 was the number used.

750,000 acre Boquillas vs 600,000 acre Bundy lease.

500 cows? I have no idea how many he's running... but if that's all he's running he isn't using 600,000 acres... and this is really funny... 500 cows equal 8100.00 per year lease, 162,000.00 for twenty years... 4050.00 back per year to maintain 600,000 acres...

all this bullchit for 8100.00 per year... LOL

Or someone's math's wrong...

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know the sad part about this whole debacle is the turtles probably thrive on cow [bleep]...

Actually they don't. Makes sense, ruminants are so efficient they don't leave much left.

IIRC about 5% of tortoise diet is ulungate fecal matter, prob'ly has more to do with trace elements and/or microbes than anything.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
fertilizing the plants the tortoise eat

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Sycamore

I already answered this in my second post in this thread... of course you redefined/limited my context opposite of my previous comments.

And you've already did some numbers... don't let me get in your way.

You said 500,000 I didn't. I said a couple... and couple defined in the informal... Oxford dictionary...

3 � informal An indefinite small number: [as pronoun]: he hoped she�d be better in a couple of days we got some eggs�would you like a couple? [as determiner]: just a couple more questions North American clean the stains with a couple squirts dishwashing liquid.

Never the less I did say to reference the Boquillas as a similar sized operation. Sitting in different meetings with G&F presentations of the Boquillas ranch costs for water, roads, fence maintenance 500,000 was the number used.

750,000 acre Boquillas vs 600,000 acre Bundy lease.

500 cows? I have no idea how many he's running... but if that's all he's running he isn't using 600,000 acres... and this is really funny... 500 cows equal 8100.00 per year lease, 162,000.00 for twenty years... 4050.00 back per year to maintain 600,000 acres...

all this bullchit for 8100.00 per year... LOL

Or someone's math's wrong...

Kent

...Or someone's math's wrong... ...

KRP,

OK, use your math, then.

The data I've seen is formerly 600 cows for 600,000 acres, reduced to 150 cows for 150,000 acres in 1993.

Feel free to compare Boquillas with Bunkerville, after factoring relative elevation, annual precipitation, vegetation type, and carrying capacity.

I don't know how much of the "$1 million" is for grazing fees and how much is fines and interest.

How much do you estimate Bundy is putting back into the land each year?

If you believe "He's already putting that much [He owes over 1 million in grazing fees.] back into the land every couple years.", how much do you believe he is putting back into the land each year?

Also, do you have any estimates of how much the BLM or the NRCS put into the land over the years?

Sycamore

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So what's your thoughts on your savior and king Bundy now?

Still better than "Obama lied and 4 people died" You savior and king killed 4 people with his and his cohorts lies or doesn't that matter.

If Bundy did lie, no one was killed. I'd say Bundy was a better man than what Skeeter could ever dream of being.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

KRP,

OK, use your math, then.

The data I've seen is formerly 600 cows for 600,000 acres, reduced to 150 cows for 150,000 acres in 1993.

Feel free to compare Boquillas with Bunkerville, after factoring relative elevation, annual precipitation, vegetation type, and carrying capacity.

I don't know how much of the "$1 million" is for grazing fees and how much is fines and interest.

How much do you estimate Bundy is putting back into the land each year?

If you believe "He's already putting that much [He owes over 1 million in grazing fees.] back into the land every couple years.", how much do you believe he is putting back into the land each year?

Also, do you have any estimates of how much the BLM or the NRCS put into the land over the years?

Sycamore

Again you are changing my context...

I'm discussing the 600,000 acres BLM themselves claim is in contention. I understand the Bunkerville allotment is 158,000, but the temporary closure map and BLM in their own words are referring to the 600,000.

From one of the linked sources...

According to the notice, the public will be kept out of pockets of land within the described closure area during the impound operation, but the remainder of the 578,724 acres will remain open.

So I will compare it to the Boquillas, but in the context I already established here multiple times. Water, fences, roads(access), improvements.

From the Boquillas site...

http://huntbigboranch.com/

400 miles of pipeline, 110 steel storage tanks, 150 water troughs and 130 dirt stock tanks. Big Bo maintains hundreds of miles of roads, a thousand miles of fencing, plus corrals and holding pastures.

and from AZ g&f...

http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/documents/...CommitteeMeetingMinutesFeb92013FINAL.pdf

Maintenance costs run about $500K annually, for water developments, pipelines, earthen tanks, fences and 350 miles of roads. There are 393 miles of pipeline, 110 steel water storages, 150 steel troughs and 130 huge earthen stock tanks, as well as several hundred miles of fence with 42 access points. The Department owns and maintains 5 waters on ranch.

from my previously linked... The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976...

Such rehabilitation, protection,
and improvements shall include all forms of range
land betterment including, but not limited to, seed�
ing and reseeding, fence construction, weed con�
trol, water development, and fish and wildlife
habitat enhancement as the respective Secretary
may direct after consultation with user representa�
tives.
The annual distribution and use of range bet�
terment funds authorized by this paragraph shall
not be considered a major Federal action requiring
a detailed statement pursuant to section 4332(c) of
title 42 of the United States Code.

Each agency and even law recognizes this maintenance as habitat, wildlife, recreational enhancement.

When I worked summers in High school, early 70s, on my cousin's ranch that had 23,000 acres of lease. Most of my time was spent on water maintenance, along with a couple of real hands. Just cleaning silt from remote dirt tanks involved driving a Cat many miles before and after the actual work. Fuel, equipment maintenance and labor add up quick. Old pipe was always leaking, we fixed it on the cheap, strips of old innertube wrapped and baling wired on each end, didn't last more than a couple years in the sun... but it was cheap, beside the walking miles of line in some nasty country.

Here's some dynamics...

100+ years of rancher built improvements/access that also benefits/expands wildlife/recreationist/hunter opportunities.

These improvements have value as recognized in the FLPMA act.

Bundy owns that value.

If the land was raw today and BLM was to lease it at a reasonable allotment for the size for 10 years. The lessee would not invest the millions it'd take to recreate what is there now.

If the BLM reduces the allotment to a number too small to maintain, then the rancher will be forced to abandon infrastructure (investment) while reducing land use. That abandonment will deteriorate those improvements/access to uselessness for both wildlife and recreationists. We lose our main partner in public land management.

If BLM forces the rancher off, under law the taxpayer is supposed to foot the bill for reimbursement of improvements... I'd like to see what Bundy was offered... and then have the eventual deterioration of water sources/access, effectively removing wildlife and recreation interests in the area.

This is just another tool to remove the public from public land... remove the logging industry and allow land to return to nature, create conditions for the monster fires we have in the west now, which allow preemptive closures like we are experiencing in Az now. I can't even go shoot in the NF 5 miles from my house as I write.

Closure/abandonment of roads to create de facto wilderness ares, allowing land to return to nature.

Add wolves as predators to remove wildlife and public recreation interest... allowing land to return to nature.

Reduce or remove ranching industry to allow land return to 'nature'.

If you think water sources on BLM are easy or cheap to maintain by state agencies or the public you're mistaken... the catchment projects I've worked on that Az g&f build or maintain, consists of years of paperwork/environmental studies, and 10s of thousands per project paid through the HPC... even with a volunteer work force. A ranch of 600,000 acres would have 100+ water sources.

If Bundy would have abandoned that property 20 years ago it would be a wasteland now... and if he ever is forced off it will be in the future... right now it's still viable because of his stubbornness.

Anyway...

This isn't about the 16.20 per head annually for 150 cows(2340.00 a year), or even the 200.00 per day fine per cow... which I guess gets it over a million.

It's about the future of our public land and who's on the side of the best management of that land.

Bundy's daughter said in an interview that the money coming from the feds stopped before Bundy quit paying his 1.35 and was another issue of contention at the time... who knows, it's a news report...

My math is... it takes a chit load of personal work and money to maintain 600,000 acres, and it takes producing a product and profit to afford the improvements staying a benefit to all users.

Class over.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Class over."

...and a good one, too.

Bravo !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.