-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the main reasons my posting has slowed down. Too many trolls and too much drama for me anymore. my BS wagon is full and rehashing what passes for news these days is pathetic.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have never figured out why anyone responds to a troll.

we have tossed this question around many times. Everyone gives lip service to the idea of ignoring trolls, but then many keep right on engaging in 'conversation' with the known trouble makers.

Personally, once identified as a troll, I put 'em on ignore, and just, well, ignore their screed. smile

The Real Hawkeye is hardly the number one troll though. He makes many useful posts, and certainly has a different world view than most of us, but he is a member of long standing and is not a bad sort.
We have some really egregious lefty azzwipes that post though. They are talking heads for the liberals and progressives. Those are trolls. TRH is just an aggravation.
Then we have trolls like Bricktop and the Tennessee contingent, that are just in it for the hate and discontent they can stir up. Lee24, and others are in that category as well.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 04/24/14.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is more than one kind of troll on here that's for sure.Some of em endlessly attempt to drag every post, or a particular poster, down to their pathetic level of existence.
Others seem insistent on using others for boot scrappers to feed or substantiate their own particular omnipotent, ego based psyche.
Still others like to throw anything against the wall just to see what sticks and who will feed on it for no other reason than their personal enjoyment pleasure.

Its all about attention, a troll can either manipulate you into engagement or he doesn't. It seems some folks have no self control other than to simply share their lunch with any troll on command.

YMMV

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Seems like every thread here devolves into a [bleep] storm these days. But even though I don't agree with TRH on many subjects, I do not think him a troll. He just looks at things from a different direction, and he takes chiding pretty well. More than can be said of many here.

On the other hand, them boys from TN.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Why do some here feed the trolls?
Is it because you think that you can win an argument with these a-holes?
Or is it because you think that you can magically talk some sense into them?
It seems like this comes up about once or twice a year.
I hope that y'all know that replying to them just makes them worse so please stop. They'll go away if we all quit responding to their posts. Please?

Everyone thinks the other guy is the troll
Some are just idiots who think acting like a fool makes them cool

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Ethan I couldn't agree more..and Brother Bart, I have no beef with you but since you asked a serious question here's a serious opinion... You just started the classic troll thread, and managed to incorporate a classic call out thread in it as well..

You are wrong.
We all know the opinion/a$$hole analogy... You need to scrub your starfish with a bar of Lava soap.
The Campfire has been my internet home since 2003 and I've seen turds come and go. I don't know you so you must be pretty self important.

Spoken like a true troll
You have just proven my point

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

TRH is the #1 troll here and folks feed his idiocy every day. Mind boggling.
Bart, I like you, but you are wrong on this. TRH is not a troll. Agree or disagree with him, he believes deeply in traditional American values, the same as I perceive you to. He doesn't post stuff just to get a rise out of people. You NEVER see TRH on the wrong side of the gun control issue. NEVER. You never see him supporting some dickweasel like Obama and saying that he believes him when Obama says he won't take away our guns. TRH is very knowledgeable about handguns in particular and helps folks when he can on that forum.

There are plenty of trolls and worse on these pages anymore. They multiply on hot topics like the Bundy thing. The "Lauren" troll is a great example. "4100"...some others. I don't put them on Ignore, but they are easy enough to forget about when you simply disregard them.
Well said EE, and spot on..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its not called the 24 hour campfire for nothing. I don't respond to "the trolls", but a troll is something different to each person. And just like sitting around a campfire if someone makes a comment somebody is going to respond. You can listen, you can partake, or if it really annoys you, you can leave for a while.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You just have to question why left leaning, green peace, sierra club, vegans would want to post on a hunting web site?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Seems like every thread here devolves into a [bleep] storm these days. .

Those are the ones I've started putting on ignore.
If their vocabularies are too small to write more than 3 consecutive words with profanity, they certainly aren't worth listening to

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More and more I find my self just not getting wrapped up in the trolling. What a waste of time. As for TRH, while I don't agree with his views on things, I don't think he's a troll. There was a time when I did-but I really think he just defends his views and beliefs. 'Doesn't mean I have to agree with him, but I don't have to chastise him either. While I was recovering from my congestive heart failure, he was one of the ones who welcomed me back here and wished me well. I tried to PM him to thank him and found out that he had me on Ignore, no doubt from a dust up on our respective opinions on pit bulls. It made me feel pretty bad that this guy took the time to welcome me back here, but was so pizzed off at me that he felt the need to keep me on ignore. Hawk's OK in my book. 'Still don't agree with him, but I've got no axe to grind here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a few here that are liberal trolls, but at least we know who they are, and they pretty much are predictable. You see them, and know what you are dealing with... I don't have much of a problem with that. It is what it is, and they are what they are. I don't understand why they are here, or why they have the views they do, but I know what to expect from them.

The ones I have trouble accepting is those that have alter egos/identities on here that say one thing under their known user name, and then switch to their troll identity to throw schist on the walls that they don't have the balls to post under their own name... That kind of cloak and dagger crap does nothing positive for conversations on the Fire. We would all be better off without them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Seems like every thread here devolves into a [bleep] storm these days. But even though I don't agree with TRH on many subjects, I do not think him a troll. He just looks at things from a different direction, and he takes chiding pretty well. More than can be said of many here.

On the other hand, them boys from TN.....

This^

And I'll add, TRH is not a troll.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Names? other than Larry Root of Course. While I think of it, hey Larry, what happened to you over on NE Forums? Thanks for that email. That was all that was needed. lol...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
`

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I hold you all in the highest esteem, for who you are,
rb"

I think it's important to note that Rick was speaking about me specifically when he wrote this.

Carry on.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

There are many fence sitters and BS has to be combated, simple as that

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I hold you all in the highest esteem, for who you are,
rb"

I think it's important to note that Rick was speaking about me specifically when he wrote this.

Carry on.

Travis

Apologies for omitting the obvious.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You just have to question why left leaning, green peace, sierra club, vegans would want to post on a hunting web site?

just to stir up people....they are the true trolls.

I would add one other contingent of troll...those who continually post "pick a profession" hating threads. It is usually anti LEO but includes others. Lets face it there are bad people and idiots in every profession.

JMHO

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where else can you go and get in an argument with someone and 10 minutes later receive prayers from them? Theres some very GOOD people here. Perfect example....theres a Yankee hater in this thread, but the guy helped me out numerous times. Hes bold, and at times egotistical(not Travis), but I can guarantee if he was down and out, he'd have no shortage of friends there to pick him up. Never met him, but hes a man people can look up to.

Theres a lot of folks here like that Bart. Including you, and TRH.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 14 invisible), 11,449 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,291
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.