Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I couldn't watch past the sweet acting dog being shot on the highway by the cop. That sack of schit deserves the same treatment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cops like the armed forces, are populated from the citizenry and always have and always will, reflect the worst and best from the society they come from. There is no doubt we are a much more violent, secular, less respectful society than we were a generation ago and that is reflected in our martial professions. And yes coupled with an ever-increasing controlling government, crap like this is more prevalent.

On the flip side and as a student of history, I can without a doubt opine that police took a lot more "liberties" when it came to violating personal freedoms during the first first half of say, the 20th Century than they do today.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There is part of that video that has a retired cop that explains that it is all the owner's fault when a cop shoots a dog, and the cops only do so to protect themselves.

Things are sure different than they used to be...

When you call the police now, you'd better be ready for what you get.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Exactly.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
i wont watch the vid Rockinbar . the who idea of this just pisses me off to no end . its happening to often and these so called police getting away with it
just another case of a profession that is policed by their own and answers to no one but their own

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Good grief. I'm guessing those deputies are making around $13 an hour. You can't expect rocket surgeons for that much, but surely you could find something better than that.

Yup...that sounds like the service we get where I lease land. Pretty typical rural Sheriff's Department. Thank God they have some good Game Wardens to do the police work.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by jorgeI

On the flip side and as a student of history, I can without a doubt opine that police took a lot more "liberties" when it came to violating personal freedoms during the first first half of say, the 20th Century than they do today.

Granted! But two Mebbe 3 generations back there existed some extremely bad individuals in this neck of the woods that shaped the actions of those officers here to fit the times.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hot diggity, we got ourselves another cop bashin thread

yeeeehawwww you campfar sombitches

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There is part of that video that has a retired cop that explains that it is all the owner's fault when a cop shoots a dog, and the cops only do so to protect themselves.

It is getting to the point where people are afraid to call the police, too dangerous. More citizens might just handle it themselves.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
hot diggity, we got ourselves another cop bashin thread

yeeeehawwww you campfar sombitches

Not really. Just some talk and concern about some of them that do things that all of us are depleted by.

They are just like anyone else. Good and bad in the mix.

If discussion gets the attention of administration in the police sector and they get the message that some things are not acceptable, then perhaps those directives will trickle down the chain of command to where it counts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Texas Man Has To Put His Dog Down With Bare Hands After Deputy Shoots, Injures � But Refuses To Kill

Cole Middleton, who lives in rural Rains County in East Texas, dialed 911 after arriving at home last Friday morning to discover his home had been burglarized. It looked to Middleton like someone had broken in and stolen an iPad, jewelry and firearms.
A deputy arrived a while later. Middleton had joined his dad in a field to do some farm work while he waited for the sheriff�s office to respond, and, from a distance, he saw the car pull up.
According to what Middleton told KLTV News, his dog Candy � an animal that, judging from posted photos, looks like an Australian cattle dog � was in the yard when the deputy arrived. Middleton had trained her to herd cattle, and described her as a �natural� when it came to farm work. Candy was barking, as dogs tend to do in unfamiliar or exciting situations, but wasn�t acting aggressively toward the officer.
�She�s barking when he pulls into the driveway letting me know someone�s at our house, an intruder is here, or a person who she would think was an intruder that she�s unfamiliar with,� said Middleton. �She�s barking. The officer gets out of his car, and all the while we�re headed up [there]. He gets out of his car and shoots my dog in my front yard.�
Just like that, according to Middleton � without hesitation, and without cause to believe the dog posed any imminent physical danger.
Candy was wounded in the head and was in obvious distress, but the shot did not immediately kill her.
Blindsided by a completely new, abhorrent set of circumstances, Middleton�s immediate concern now was ending Candy�s suffering.
�I was so upset,� he told KLTV. �I went over there to her and she was still alive and I begged and pleaded with him to please shoot her again because I don�t have any firearms. They got stolen. He went and got in his vehicle and backed out of my driveway.�
So much for investigating the burglary � at least for that officer, whose name had not been released late Wednesday.
Left without guns, Middleton told the reporter he steeled himself to do something to end his dog�s suffering that he could never have imagined.
�I had to do the unthinkable, the otherwise unthinkable. I had to kill my dog with my bare hands and put her out of her suffering, praying for this to be over with,� he said.
At some point not long after he�d done that, other officers showed up. They saw blood on Middleton�s shirt and immediately had questions about it. Middleton said it raised their suspicions enough for them to unholster their weapons.
�That is the blood of my dog that I was holding because this deputy pulled up and shot her in my yard,� he explained. �Then the tasers were put away and the pistols withdrawn.�
Sheriff David Traylor said the Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.
Here is the news video feed with a snippet of the deputy.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25325001/n-texas-farmer-says-deputy-shot-killed-his-dog-without-reason

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They don't respect us or our property anymore. Not hard to understand. It's been trained out of them.

Starts at the top. Hold the people above them accountable and I guarantee this would change and quick.
As long as the people that lead officers to think it's ok go unpunished, they'll just cycle through officers, until that person is held accountable for the officers actions.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

It is getting to the point where people are afraid to call the police, too dangerous. More citizens might just handle it themselves.
It's a hallmark of tyrannical nations that regular folks have learned never to call the police. Find a dead body in an alley, and it rots for weeks before the police discover it, because nobody wanted to be the one to call the police. That's typical under tyranny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
believe the texas rangers are investigating this.

that videos hard to watch.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Officer's Safety is paramount, subject. Be quiet, and go on about your life. The Officer will go home safely tonight, and that is all that matters. We, have spoken.

Typical BS from the other worthless sons-a-bitches there. "Well, the dog was a threat, and then you all might have been a threat, so he did what was right."

[bleep] them.

I guran-damn-tee that if someone rolled up in the yard of the limp-dick SOB that shot the farmer's dog and shot his dog, there'd be Hell to pay, charges filed, and probably shots fired. Of course, he's a [bleep] cop, so the law doesn't apply to them.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/24/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If ya'll are interested, go look at the TexasHuntingForum site, scroll down to the bottom in Additional Topics Section & open the Off Topic board and find the thread titled " Another Dog" for some more local info.

The Cops name is Middleton, and there is dash cam footage that has surfaced, and a statement by a vetnarian that it looks like the dog "Candy" was shot while retreating. The Texas Rangers have the investigation now, as the Sheriff has recused himself and put the Deputy on Leave. What a sad day to be a LEO and have every dog owner in America afraid to call for help....and look at you crosseyed when you show up. Doesn't seem to make a difference what kind of dog or how big or little, big City like Ft Worth or rural makes no difference either.

I live in a remote part of a monsterous Lake environment and have had numerous problems with late night crap of all kinds...but the latest call to the County SD & the responding Deputy's response to me refusing to even write up an incident report, and witnessed by a local PD officer who showed up uncalled & out of his jurisdiction I think to keep an eye on me or just bored with a lack of ACTION in his jursidiction of 1500 population....underscored my lack of faith in our County's Leo's professionalism and integrity ... and is why I keep loaded weapons handy at all times.

I know this happens all over the country but it does seem that it happens more often in Texas for some reason...wish't I could find that answer and fix it before it happens to me and mine.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 04/24/14.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The so-called deputy should have the book thrown at him.

At the least he should be put on desk duty and maybe he should have to herd the mans cows.

What a putz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The so-called deputy should have the book thrown at him.

At the least he should be put on desk duty and maybe he should have to herd the mans cows.

What a putz.

He ought to be charged criminally, sued civilly, lose is job and have his azz kicked publicly.

None of that will happen, though.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did a little googling.....They make $13.99 an hour.

If that's what you're gonna pay them, you'd be better off to not.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,176
Posts18,484,670
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.