-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a husky 22v46 I was gonna get the 22v42 but got the 46 for a little less do to a misprint in an ad. I love it sofar I have had it about a month a have 6 hours on it and it's been great.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Craftsmans are built by Husqy, best I can tell.

Now I am thinking either a Crapsman or a John Deere 125........

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I have the previous model Husqvarna 20v46 and have been well pleased. I got it as a customer return for just over half price for a six month old mower. The original owner bought the extended warranty and drove it over a concrete abutment thereby wrecking the deck. Lowes took it back and had the deck replaced. I spotted it as I walked out of the store and asked the manager for his lowest price. Got if for $850.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 04/27/14.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Purchased a John Deere x300 ,with a Kawasaki engine ,well worth the money ,the less expensive units are less expensive for a reason,inferior parts = won't last as long !love mine !I mow fields with a 3 point hitch mower on a compact diesel but still mow about 5 plus acres with the John Deere and it does a great !!! Job

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been using a Craftsman with 18 HP B & S for 10 years to cut an acre a week. Has worked fine for me.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
The Cub Cadet with Kawasaki is getting hard consideration.........
I had a Kawasaki engine on a Skaggs mower for 14yrs, never one problem with it. Even sunk the entire mower in a canal and after sucking the water out/changing oil it restarted and ran till the day I sold it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Briggs and Kohler have different "lines" of engines. The Kohler Courage that they put in big box lawn mowers ain't your Daddy's Kohler engine. Its made in China, and I have heard that Kohler cheaped out on them big time. Probably the same with Briggs.

Top of the two lines is Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command....I think. Everyone says Honda is the best but I have never owned one.

I have a Briggs on a Troy-bilt tiller that is 30 years old and starts on the first or second pull and runs strong. Only work ever done on it has been a ring job and it has had the snot worked out of it. I used it this weekend. I seriously doubt that they make them like they used to.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have an old John Deere 180 with 46" deck and the Kawasaki 17HP single. It was given to my BIL who used it for a number of years, then passed it on to me when he sold his home and didn't want to move it. It was given to him by a church member when the church member bought a new one.I've only replaced blades, tires, seat and the muffler when it blew out. Bought the muffler off eBay for $31.00 including S/H. Oil/filter changes and air filter at the beginning of the season. 2 1/2 acres every 2 weeks April - October.Wish I could find a low mileage one as the spindles are getting noisy. Very dependable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had the Cub Cadet 1040 for the last 2 years........good unit & no issues, also bought the twin container bag system.

Bought it from a small local place mainly because they have on site service & have dealt with them for years.

Also have a Cub snow blower that is 10 years old with no problems whatsoever.

If you buy from a big box store, they will likely not do service in house so if you need any, it will take longer.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Craftsmans are built by Husqy, best I can tell.

Now I am thinking either a Crapsman or a John Deere 125........

It's your nickel, but I can't emphasize enough how superior (performance and durability) a "real" John Deere or Cub Cadet will be to the box store stuff. Do yourself a favor and hit up Craigslist to see what's available in your area, then take a couple for a spin before deciding on something like the 125. If you mow hills and/or uneven terrain, you will come to dearly love the rear differential lock mowers like the 425 have.

IC B3

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
2muchgun,

Wish you were closer. I'm just getting ready to sell my dad's Craftsman lawn tractor. It's a hydrostat drive with a Kohler motor.

G23

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're gonna get a Deere don't buy it from a big box store, they are NOT the same quality as from the Deere dealer. You might as well buy a used one to get through until you can afford a good one.

I bought a Deere from Home Depot when they 1st started selling them 12 years ago to replace a 20yo Deere 185 Hydro. I was mowing 2 acres at the time. I wore out the blades in 1 season twice. JD replaced em both times under warranty but told me then about the lesser quality of those at other stores.

Huntinut

"If it's the truth it ain't braggin" Will Rogers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,527
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.