Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Once you read, and potentially understand, NH's Constitution and BOR you might also understand that the US Constitution/BOR is the "low bar" as it applies to limiting government and protecting citizens.

NH clearly feels that "all persons have the right to keep and bear arms" . Thus, your "militia" argument falls short here. Again, when the good folks of this State wish to discuss disarming LEOs, I'll listen......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
Well, schit, I guess I don't need to support teachers/school staff being armed anymore. I would have hoped we'd see it gaining traction at some point, but "agent of the state" and all........
Were teachers to be armed, their arms wouldn't be tools of state power as they are in the hands of law officers, but merely those of defense.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
So the state's propaganda pushers are allowed to defend themselves while others aren't. Outstanding, comrade.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Once you read, and potentially understand, NH's Constitution and BOR you might also understand that the US Constitution/BOR is the "low bar" as it applies to limiting government and protecting citizens.

NH clearly feels that "all persons have the right to keep and bear arms" . Thus, your "militia" argument falls short here. Again, when the good folks of this State wish to discuss disarming LEOs, I'll listen......

If I ever move to NH and plan to never venture beyond its borders I will consider the fact that that recent amendment of its Second Amendment may or may not extend the right to arms to government and its agents. Until then I will rely on the US Constitution's Second Amendment protections as a proscription against government and defense of individual private citizens.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So the state's propaganda pushers are allowed to defend themselves while others aren't. Outstanding, comrade.....
Are you going to join me in advocating the elimination of the public school system? That's an issue unrelated to the one under discussion at the moment, however.

The police are armed by the state for the purpose of using their arms in carrying out the will of the state vis-a-vis the people. Handguns, if carried by teachers, would be carried in a capacity entirely unrelated to the carrying out of their duties. I'd have no problem if the janitor staff at police departments, for example, carried handguns in this capacity either, despite their pay checks coming from the public coffers like those of teachers.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Perfect, so until such time as you move to NH please understand that your opinions in regards to disarming LEOs here are meaningless.

Im waiting anxiously to see how your local Sheriff responds to your disarmament agenda......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Well, schit, I guess I don't need to support teachers/school staff being armed anymore. I would have hoped we'd see it gaining traction at some point, but "agent of the state" and all........
Were teachers to be armed, their arms wouldn't be tools of state power as they are in the hands of law officers, but merely those of defense.

Private school, yes.

Government school, maybe. One has to, then, get answers to some questions about Federal and State subsidy and / or direction of that school and the arming of its staff.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Perfect, so until such time as you move to NH please understand that your opinions in regards to disarming LEOs here are meaningless.

Im waiting anxiously to see how your local Sheriff responds to your disarmament agenda......

When the 'Campfire' membership and viewing is limited to those in and who never leave NH, you statement and opinion may have some weight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sucks!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Our statements/opinions are entitled to exactly as much weight as the viewer deems appropriate.

I only need to "argue" the issues as they apply to my AO, I'll leave it to others to deal with theirs. Apparently you don't believe in State/local rights, sad........

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

EE, if its actually that bad in your AO, it appears you folks need togey a handle on the issue
I'd like to point out for the record that NHK9 commented on my post, lest anybody think I'm picking on him. Secondly, I like George. Every time he describes his area, it sounds like the cops there are pro gun so...

With that out of the way, I don't believe I commented on "how bad" my AO is. The area I'm talking about would be about 30 miles from my place in one instance and approximately 80 miles in the other. It still does encompass the area I travel frequently in and consider my home turf. I have no idea how bad it is, I was just saying that as far as all this gun pulling or fondling stuff as well as the super-secure way cops seem to handle traffic stops anymore...I DO have some personal experience with. The point being that IMO this is not all just drummed up internet bullshit. As far as doing things to effect positive change in my community, I've done that and can answer questions about it in a PM if that is desired. I have little control over who the Sheriff's Office one county away from me, hires. The kid looked like a bit younger version of dog killer pictured in this thread. I don't think he'd last a half hour in my hayfield. I have no doubt the copchick I spoke of would be a prime candidate for getting herself and her partner killed because she was both stupid and didn't appear to be very big or strong. She also obviously couldn't handle even a slight bit of pressure well. I have even less control how a small city 80 miles from me does business, but I did do my civic duty and complain about this chick. If the Sarge had encouraged me to do so, I'd have filed a formal complaint too. Trouble is I'm pretty sure she was following protocol. Somebody has trained these idiots as well as having hired them. Therein lies the problem. The Chief in that small city is anti-gun too, IIRC.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
No worries on my end. In fact, EE, you're making my point.

I don't doubt your experiences and, as you say, you have no impact on how the SO in the next County does business. There's a constant cry to "police our own" as if there is some nation-wide network to do so. If your Sheriff, one County over, wouldn't place much stock in what you have to say how do you think a street Sgt. from NH would do?

My responsibility is to police MY guys in the manner my citizens deem appropriate (so long as it meets legal/ethical standards). Cops elsewhere.......not my issue.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No worries on my end. In fact, EE, you're making my point.

I don't doubt your experiences and, as you say, you have no impact on how the SO in the next County does business. There's a constant cry to "police our own" as if there is some nation-wide network to do so. If your Sheriff, one County over, wouldn't place much stock in what you have to say how do you think a street Sgt. from NH would do?

My responsibility is to police MY guys in the manner my citizens deem appropriate (so long as it meets legal/ethical standards). Cops elsewhere.......not my issue.
That's my point George. I take you at your word when you say you've got a good force. The Sarge I talked to probably DID do something even if it was just talk to the girl. I doubt he could do much other than that as he was probably hampered by some of the same stuff I'd be hampered by. My whole point is that if guys here talking on the internet are actually seeing a problem, it IS a problem and not just internet bs. I don't ever call for anybody to "police their own". I also know how it is to be constantly blamed for things that you don't do as my wife is a teacher and if anything, teachers are far more hated here on the fire, than cops are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody has trained these idiots as well as having hired them. Therein lies the problem. The Chief in that small city is anti-gun too, IIRC q0ute from EE

herein lies the problem as far as I can see. I lived in socal for longer than I care to think about, and have family members still in LE there. 25 yrs ago I applied for a job with LAPD. part of the introduction was a ride around with a on duty officer.
after the ride along, I decided I wanted nothing to do with the job. the prevailing attitude was US against Them, as in LE against everyone else. this attitude was trained into them in the academy, as probationers, and during first assignment as prison guards the first year.
My nephew changed into a real hard ass during this period of his training.
in the fifties and sixties LEO's where the hero's of the communities.
I can understand a lot of the swing to the us vs. them attitude but the wanton disregard of civies rights and yes even humanity I think comes from something far deeper than just more people.
jmho

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Somebody has trained these idiots as well as having hired them. Therein lies the problem. The Chief in that small city is anti-gun too, IIRC q0ute from EE

herein lies the problem as far as I can see. I lived in socal for longer than I care to think about, and have family members still in LE there. 25 yrs ago I applied for a job with LAPD. part of the introduction was a ride around with a on duty officer.
after the ride along, I decided I wanted nothing to do with the job. the prevailing attitude was US against Them, as in LE against everyone else. this attitude was trained into them in the academy, as probationers, and during first assignment as prison guards the first year.
My nephew changed into a real hard ass during this period of his training.
in the fifties and sixties LEO's where the hero's of the communities.
I can understand a lot of the swing to the us vs. them attitude but the wanton disregard of civies rights and yes even humanity I think comes from something far deeper than just more people.
jmho

Well said.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Photos have now become available of Candy the Cowdog:

Happy and healthy -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After an all too typical encounter with law enforcement -

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Come on, fraud. What was your last handle here before you got your dumb ass tossed?

It's not a difficult question,schit for brains,in spite of asking you 3 times.

We know you're a dumb ass now...what dumb ass did we know you as before?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rovering
Photos have now become available of Candy the Cowdog:

Happy and healthy -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After an all too typical encounter with law enforcement -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I can absolutely, positively guarantee that at some point in time, that "officer" would meet an untimely end or simply disappear from the face of the earth if either of my dogs had that happen to them.

Wouldn't say a word, just take care of business on my own terms & in my own time.

MM

I hope this never happens to me....my life would be forever changed. I would hunt that fat POS down with my AR.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the endorsement of responsible semi auto Firearms ownership.

Too much of a puzzy for a ROCK, or a fire sharpened stick, an arrow....or your TEETH ?

Never considered you much for bare hands,.....you've never come across that way.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 60 invisible), 2,912 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,360
Posts18,488,041
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.