Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker

I told her next time he throws rocks at her to pick up an handful and pelt the little bastard in the face with them. That is how you stop a bully, told her I would never get her in trouble for defending herself.

yep. Same rules at my house. Both my son and daughter have full permission from me to whip ass if need be with out getting in trouble at home. If they didn't start the trouble, I'll handle the mess at school.

Camp is where you make it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker
but she is dead set on giving him a facefull of rocks next time he chucks one her way, hell she is halfway excited about it.

I like it! Make that bully think you're crazy. When you laugh as you pound the schit out of them, they tend to back off. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Multiple similar experiences here.

Starting in pre-school. Girl waylaid my daughter with a block of wood. Big welt on my daughter's face. No problem with me until I learn from my daughter that this girl doesn't listen to teachers etc and did as she pleased in every aspect of preschool. Told my daughter next time, pick up a block and hit her hard in the nose. Don't throw it but hit her hard as you can. My wife who's never been around children before spoke up and said, "you can't tell her that!" I said, "I just did"

Same preschool. Had a boy enrolled with severe emotional problems who lashed out at whomever happened to be in front of him. Nailed my son with a huge chunk of an icicle on the playground. The admin and teachers all admonished the kids, don't fight back when Johnny does this. It will only make it worse. I told my son next time, you have fight back. He complained and said but he's bigger, older stronger. Told him it doesn't matter. My son kicks very well so I said kick him in the nuts. Couple weeks later, my son and his buddy jumped the kid on the playground. After that, Johnny never bothered these 2 again.

Year or 2 later in elem school, counselor is talking to my son's class about bullying. Asked them what do you do if being bullied, no one to help, no teacher/adults etc. My son raised his hand and said, "kick him in the peanuts!" That was his word for package. Counselor was mortified that my son might know what a penis was (she wasn't sure what exactly was said peanuts or penis). Called complaining to us that if my son ever did that it might negatively impact the bully's ability to father children later in life. I laughed and told my wife not to worry what the counselor thinks. We are not raising victims.

Bull crap what they do to these kids forcing them to become victims. Leads to kids being emboldened as they grow to become worse bullies and at some point, they are big and old enough to really hurt someone.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
times have changed. When little i had a pack of meexicans trying to jump me. My dad said i needed a "pursuader" He taped a handle on a piece of bicycle chain, attached a big master lock to the end.
Eventually i did get jumped by the pack after school and pulled that out of my lunch pail, and said to them you might get me, but i will guarantee i will put some of you in the hospital. Life was good after that. 50 years later it's still hanging in the garage.
Only way i know to stop a bully is to make sure they understand there will be a cost they most likely don't want to pay. If the school system doesn't understand that, other schools?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree with all posters here. I see the stuff my kids come home with on bullying and shake my head.

I have daughters though and their classmates methods of bullying are very subtle. The little chits do it by making artificial groups and then excluding people from them and it takes an adult who has some presence to recognize it and then put a stop to it. My fourth grader was putting up with this crap from a couple of others all year until her 50 something teacher left for two weeks for a trip of some kind.
Enter 20 something teacher who is educated in this crap and how to stop it, and it took one day to put a stop to it. We want that girl back.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the crazy thing works. In high school in the gulag(nuns) i was a big freshman dealing with seniors. They grabbed my books before class one day and wouldn't give them back. The bell rang and we were in the hallway and i sucker hit a senior in the back of the head with a really big book, putting him right down. When he woke up I told him not to try to get up, as I would kick his face in. Again, my dad's instructions. Nuns broke it up and i got into some trouble with them, worth the price. Later in the locker room as i played basketball i heard one of those seniors telling another one not to mess with me, cause i was crazy. It worked. Violence works well one way, not so good when it goes both ways.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Crazy absolutely works, my first day of high school football practice as a freshmen I was in the shower after practice. A Senior took a provided bar of soap, the small bar like you get at a hotel, and threw it at me and hit me in the ass. I had brought my own bar of lever2000 just out of the package, turned and threw it at his head as heard as I could. He ducked and the bar exploded on the wall behind him. Never had another problem...

Last edited by heavywalker; 05/01/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are pretty lucky with the teachers we have. They are pretty young and seem to get it. Unfortunately it is the system though. My 8 yr old went in about a week ago and was bragging about us sniping some mice out back with his BB gun. I received an email later that day and started to get defensive when I saw the title to it. Turns out she approved of our backyard "hunt" and got a kick out of it. She sent this little video back.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had the same problem with my oldest son 20+ years ago when he was in 2nd grade he had a big kid picking on him all the time. I told him if he would bust him in his nose one good time and make it bleed he would not bother him anymore. He finally had enough and did exactly that and didn't have any more trouble from the kid. This country is going down hill bad fast it makes you sick just watching what is happening. Boys wearing girls skinny jeans and so on. Man I just don't get it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I taught mine that a 'crotch shot' always worked but if not.....put their fist on the end of their opponents nose at about 50 mph!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RMulhern
I taught mine that a 'crotch shot' always worked but if not.....put their fist on the end of their opponents nose at about 50 mph!!
LOL...... I told my youngest son when he was small if any man or guy was messing with him that shouldn't be to hit or kick them betwen the legs. One evening we were wrestling around in the floor I had him down and before i could even breath or holler he was whalling me in the nuts hard and fast as he could. I couldn't talk or breath it hurt so bad...... my wife was laughing. I came around and told him I would hurt him bad if he did that to me again LOL. I said I meant bad guys not me they both laughed. He's 6' tall and wrestled for the high school for 3 years so I wont be wrestling with him any more and not to worried about him now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was also getting a report from my daughter about a punk boy that was giving her static, again on the bus.

I met with the principal about it. I told the P that I advised my daughter to just haul off and and drill him on the bridge of the nose.

The P told me "well maybe that's just what he needs" LOL. Older gal, bout to retire, from a bygone generation no doubt.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Many years ago when my oldest son was in high school he was having issues with the star of the High School basketball team f-en with him. He told his coach and the coach did nothing. After all the kid was the best player on the team.

Told my son to kick his ass, he said, If I do that I will be kicked off the Basketball team, so he was reluctant to do so.

I called the Principal to set up a meeting. At the meeting I told him that if this harassment didn't stop, I fully expect my son to kick your Basketball Stars ass and I expect no punishment from the school for my son's actions.

He told me that "We have zero tolerance any physical contact or fighting will not be tolerated". I said good, suspend your Star now for being a bully and making physical contact. He refused.

I took it a step to far maybe, I said, Hey, look here fat ass, If I come across this desk and pound knots on your head what are you going to do? Said he would call the cops. Good answer, I replied, and when they get here who are they going to arrest, Me, you or both of us? He said well of courser You, I did nothing wrong. I said and neither has my son, take care of it, or I will.

The Harassment stopped, and was the end of it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Do you really expect a school to offer something different? It is up to the parents to teach their children how to deal with bullies plain and simple.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EdM
Do you really expect a school to offer something different? It is up to the parents to teach their children how to deal with bullies plain and simple.

Then instead of offering up such BS at all, maybe they should tell students to ask their parents how to deal with a bully.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was a kid in high school who decided to pick on me one day while walking down the hall. He would step on the back of my shoe so I would step out of my shoe and lose it. I let him do it once. The second time he did it I spun and grabbed him by the front of the shirt and slammed him into the lockers. I then put my face about an inch from his and told him in no uncertain terms to never do that again. From that day on we got along great. He really was a nice kid just trying to show off to his buddies. I miss those days.
The abuse some kids put up with from peers these days is astounding. I blame it on a "zero tolerance" policy on violence that doesn't allow kids to stand up for themselves.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember the time I had to go have a little chat with the principal when my daughter was in 3rd grade.

The bullies were sledding down the hill and aiming at certain kids. They happened to be friends of hers. After the first time they did this, she stepped in front and knocked the sledder off the sled.

The recess 'duty' sent her to the office, and Dad got a call. We sat in his office and heard the story. I told her she did the right thing and sent her outside the office.

I asked the principal what was the problem? He said it was disruptive to the playground. I chuckled a little, and asked about the sledder? He's not allowed on the playground for the next 3 days.

I said if there is another incident, she will do the same thing, and if there are any repercussions, I'll own the school.

She continued to knock bullies off their sleds.

I have another story from HS that's funny too.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well done!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I told her she might get in trouble at school, but she'd never be in trouble with me for that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,478
Posts18,490,006
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.