Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,354 of 1,842 1 2 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
CFT,
I'm glad you had a successful turkey safari. Hope your mom does ok. Please keep us posted. Hang in there.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
CFT,

Your mom is going to the best health care facility in the WORLD. I'm sorry you have trouble with her health though. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on the bird and what sounds like a heckova week.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang CFT, you have had quite a week. prayers for you and your family.

I had a friend from back home call me the other day and say he's coming to hunt turkeys. I buy my tags quick and they show up the day he does. juggled work and showing him around, he got his first black hills bird, it had a 10" beard and weighed 21 lbs. he had an absolute blast. now it's time to do some last minute chores before the house goes on the market tomorrow, all while squeezing in a soccer game in Custer and the Circus in rapid city.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats on the birds CFT. Prayers on the way for your mom.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fluffy
Any of you guys waxing nostalgic for a 30-30 Marlin have a sporting shotgun to trade?
I have a nice 1986 336 cs,I never use,and a 17 yo son who is looking to join me for trap league this summer. whistle

I happened to talk to one of my older brothers today,mentioned my son needing a shotgun.
Brother said he had a few he wasn't going to use for some time,why don't we come over and have a look.
ended up bringing home 2 Remington 12s, a 870 special field, and a 1187 special purpose.
hoping to find time to go to the trap range tomorrow,and try them out.
we have the option of buying either,or both ,if we choose to, for market value.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
opened up the hoppes cleaning kit I got for Christmas last year,gave them a quick scrub.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fluffy; 05/04/14.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Two very nice shotguns,fluffy.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Like the special field.

Took a big risk Saturday and put the snoblower in storage.Now I need to get the mower ready.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Dave-are you guys going to have open water up there, or will you be ice fishing for the opener?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm in northern wi right now and folks are fishing. I don't thing there is open water at the cabin in Solon springs though.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like a heck of a week CFT. Congrats on the birds.

I sent and will continue to send prayers for your Mom. Like Tzone said, she will be in the best health care faciltiy in the world.

Fluffy,
Report back on those shotguns. I have an 1187 in 20 ga and absolutely love that gun. I would like to find a slug barrel for it for deer hunting. With the improved cylinder choke it's a crap shoot where the slugs will go.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Hey Dave-are you guys going to have open water up there, or will you be ice fishing for the opener?

I kind of doubt it

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man that really sucks! I'm hitting a bit of a snag here too-been working on getting my boat ready-it sat unused for 10 years and needed a lot of work. Everything's been going fine until I got to the tow hitch on the old Explorer I bought last year. It's got a 2" ball on it, and of course my trailer's got an 1 7/8 hitch. The ball is rusted on tight. Gonna have to find someone with a torch and get the 2" ball removed. 'Still have to re-wire the trailer too, but that's not going to be too big of an ordeal. Probably gonna take the truck in Wednesday somewhere to get the ball cut or heated off.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Man that really sucks! I'm hitting a bit of a snag here too-been working on getting my boat ready-it sat unused for 10 years and needed a lot of work. Everything's been going fine until I got to the tow hitch on the old Explorer I bought last year. It's got a 2" ball on it, and of course my trailer's got an 1 7/8 hitch. The ball is rusted on tight. Gonna have to find someone with a torch and get the 2" ball removed. 'Still have to re-wire the trailer too, but that's not going to be too big of an ordeal. Probably gonna take the truck in Wednesday somewhere to get the ball cut or heated off.

I had to use a sawz-all to remove one last year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Sounds like a heck of a week CFT. Congrats on the birds.

I sent and will continue to send prayers for your Mom. Like Tzone said, she will be in the best health care faciltiy in the world.

Fluffy,
Report back on those shotguns. I have an 1187 in 20 ga and absolutely love that gun. I would like to find a slug barrel for it for deer hunting. With the improved cylinder choke it's a crap shoot where the slugs will go.

the 870 proved difficult to hit with,just like the 1100 SF I used to own.I only managed to get 14/25 with that,as opposed to 22/25 with my normal BPS,which I have used for the last few years.

the 1187 worked flawlessly for my son,he actually did better than I thought he would, 8/25 one round,10/25 second round.

I was hoping to let my son try all 4 shotguns we had,but as usual,a few other club members stick their nose into everyones elses business,and try to run the show.An elderly gent started to tell everyone which trap range to shoot on,and who they would shoot with,and then once he got it all screwed up,and erased everyones position and got himself to the top of the list,he went out to shoot a round and left everyone else standing there with a blank board,and no idea who was in line to shoot and who wasn't.
We shot only two rounds,and left.My son stuck with the 1187 and likes it.that will probably be the one he ends up with.I just may get both,as that 870 sure handles nice.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Fluffy, might be easier to change to coupler on the trailer to a 2".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
or get another receiver stinger and get a 1 7/8" ball so you have both when you need em.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fluffy

the 870 proved difficult to hit with,just like the 1100 SF I used to own.I only managed to get 14/25 with that,as opposed to 22/25 with my normal BPS,which I have used for the last few years.

I had an 1100SF for about a day and a half. Once I started to shoot it, I couldn't stand that thing. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough! I sold it for $50 less than I bought it for and considered it a hellova deal on my end.

I LOVE the 1187 though. I'd like one in a 20ga.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Fluffy, might be easier to change to coupler on the trailer to a 2".

That's what I was thinking too Bill.

I was up in Amery, WI with the GF at her folks place. They live across the street from a lake. For opening fishing, there wasn't squat for people out. I saw 4 boats on the lake all weekend, and it's a decent lake to fish.

I talked to a parent of a kid on my ball team tonight. They have a camper up on Mille Lacs and he said the lake won't be open next weekend. Maybe some launches, but there is a TON of ice on it yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uff-da. Not to belittle the situation but I wish you were closer. I knock off many problems way harder than that every day.

Warm up the nut with a propane torch or whatever heat you have but try to stay away from the bolt part.

Spray with penetrating lube while hot but be careful for fire. Aim for the center "bolt" area to cool that first.

Repeat a couple times then put the wrench on & whack it with a heavy hammer a few times & see if it will break loose.

The heat/cool cycles will help to break the corrosion.

Good luck!!!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 1,354 of 1,842 1 2 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.