Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I had a paper route when I was a kid.

,..got dog bit several times,...never shot a dog.

,...woulda been bad for business.
Damn if that doesn't bring this problem into sharp focus. Cops don't give a crap about how the public (ostensibly their "customers") perceives them, because increasingly the public aren't actually their customers. The rulers of state are, and the rulers of state have a vested interest in a terrified, demoralized, and subjugated public.
When I retire, I gotta meet you and get some of that dope you smoke. It's just GOTTA be awesome. And the conversation will be epic. You just know it.
The truth really burns you up, doesn't it?

It would be nice to know the truth in this case. None of us does. Kinda the point of me being goofy in my responses.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Kinda the point of me being goofy in my responses.
When an angry cop says he wants to meet someone he encounters on line, it's usually taken as a threat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The truth of the case is, the dog is not big enough to provide a lethal threat to a full sized human being thus not justifying the use lethal force. Hell they would pepper spray or tazer a 240lb perp who just killed your grandma before they would shoot him.

The cop is a PUNK!

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 05/11/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When an angry cop says he wants to meet someone he encounters on line, it's usually taken as a threat.

What??? First, I'm not angry. Never am. You read me wrong partner. Second, I said I want to meet you, smoke dope, and have an epic conversation. If THAT scares you, well, I just don't know what to say brother.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was charged for animal cruelty because he lied about what happened and shot the dog in the back of the head . I guess the dog decided not to bite him and was just going to take a chit on his leg and this is why the dog was facing away when shot. He knew he wasn't in the right and this is why he left after shooting the dog. I hope these charges send the message to other cops that a Badge doesn't give you the right to kill a family pet for no other reason except you can claim the job gives you the right to do so. I would bet more mailmen have been dog bite than police and they don't shoot people dogs. I don't know if he should get jail time but he should have to pay for this dog and be barred from working in Law Enforcement. A farmed trained Healer is hard to come by and more productive than two farm hands when working Cows or Sheep. Like someone else stated shoot a Police or Drug Enforcement Dog and see how it goes for you in court.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hang him.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree to hang him or sentence him to fill the dog's duties on the farm for the average life of the dog.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What??? First, I'm not angry. Never am. You read me wrong partner. Second, I said I want to meet you, smoke dope, and have an epic conversation. If THAT scares you, well, I just don't know what to say brother.
I didn't say it scared me. I identified what you were doing.

And your tone is clearly that of an angry person.

PS The root cause of the problem we're discussing isn't any defect in cops as individuals, necessarily. Cops are merely behaving naturally in light of the position the state is creating for them in our society.

The root problem is the increasing extent to which the police are intruding into the lives of regular folks. Again, that's not at root a problem with individual cops, i.e., the problem isn't necessarily that cops are doing their jobs defectively. It's a problem associated with our transition into a police state, i.e., the job the state is now asking the cops to perform, that of imposing tyranny on the population at large. (We don't want you to do that job at all, whether well or poorly.) A certain degree of callousness is a natural result of asking our police forces to fulfill this role, and the casual attitude that develops regarding the shooting of dogs is merely a natural consequence of that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I didn't say it scared me. I identified what you were doing.

And your tone is clearly that of an angry person.

PS The root cause of the problem we're discussing isn't any defect in cops as individuals, necessarily. Cops are merely behaving naturally in light of the position the state is creating for them in our society.

The root problem is the increasing extent to which the police are intruding into the lives of regular folks. Again, that's not at root a problem with individual cops, i.e., the problem isn't that cops are doing their jobs defectively. It's a problem associated with our transition into a police state, i.e., the job the state is now asking the cops to perform, that of imposing tyranny on the population at large. We don't want you to do that job at all, whether well or poorly. A certain degree of callousness is a natural result of asking our police forces to fulfill this role, and the casual attitude that develops regarding the shooting of dogs is merely a natural consequence of that.

I disagree. With both points.

My tone was never angry. The majority of the thread might have been. My tone was obviously joking and dismissive at worst. Don't exaggerate what's happening please. You know darn well I was not threatening you in any way. Never have in this thread or any other. Threats aren't my way.

As for the root cause, I disagree that it's an "increasing extent" that the police are intruding on our lives. It IS happening, but that's nor the root cause in my mind.

I truly believe the root cause is an increasing disbelief in the importance of freedom from the top down, and more importantly, a huge loss of personal responsibility and lack of respect for our fellow man. That may sound like the same thing. But not really.

It's not just the way we conduct and view law enforcement in the majority of this country. It's the way we conduct our lives in general. Zero morals and ethics. Complete breakdown in passing on to future generations our pride in Freedom and America. And this weird obsession so many have of forcing God out of our lives.

That's just my opinion. A very non-angry opinion I might add. grin

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Really wish dolittle dooley wasn't such a big fat poosie..............................

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Rovering
This epidemic of LEOs shooting our dogs

I didn't know an officer had shot your dog. I'm sorry to hear that.

Do you realize that guy is whacking off at the thought of talking to you?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And I REALLY REALLY hope no one ever shoots my penned dogs, you will all hear about it, cause it will make the world news.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
And I REALLY REALLY hope no one ever shoots my penned dogs, you will all hear about it, cause it will make the world news.

Gunner

Why would you try to drag down an officer over something like that?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming your enemy instead of your friend. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I disagree. With both points.

My tone was never angry. The majority of the thread might have been. My tone was obviously joking and dismissive at worst. Don't exaggerate what's happening please. You know darn well I was not threatening you in any way. Never have in this thread or any other. Threats aren't my way.

As for the root cause, I disagree that it's an "increasing extent" that the police are intruding on our lives. It IS happening, but that's nor the root cause in my mind.

I truly believe the root cause is an increasing disbelief in the importance of freedom from the top down, and more importantly, a huge loss of personal responsibility and lack of respect for our fellow man. That may sound like the same thing. But not really.

It's not just the way we conduct and view law enforcement in the majority of this country. It's the way we conduct our lives in general. Zero morals and ethics. Complete breakdown in passing on to future generations our pride in Freedom and America. And this weird obsession so many have of forcing God out of our lives.

That's just my opinion. A very non-angry opinion I might add. grin
I don't think you're a bad guy. Everybody gets annoyed from time to time. I can understand why a cop would take personally a criticism aimed at a subject relating generally to the police and their role in society.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, nothing new now versus 10, 20, 30 or more years ago other than video cameras showing stuff from bad angles.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by sherp

Gunner

Wont be dragging anyone down, they shoot my penned dogs they'll be dragged off.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming our enemy instead of our friends. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.

Yep, back then when some thug claimed they weren't resisting and a police officer choked them out for no reason there wasn't any pictures seeming to show the bogus story spun by the thug so the officers word was golden as it should be.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming your enemy instead of your friend. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.
Sadly, I agree with all of that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp

Gunner

Wont be dragging anyone down, they shoot my penned dogs they'll be dragged off.

Gunner

That is just wrong to interfere with an officer in the performance of their duties.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (257_X_50, 2ndwind, 41rem, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,011
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.