Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I use a revolver , it saves my brass for me.

Mike
Bingo. wink

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Place a large blue tarp on the ground to catch the brass

+1

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by manydogs
You guys are going about it all wrong. Just think of brass picking as part of your workout regimen.
With knees locked, bend and pick up a piece of brass. Return to a full upright position and repeat as often as necessary until all brass pieces have been picked up. Before you know it, you will be limber enough to bend over and hold both hands flat against the ground.

Just don't stay in that position too long.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by alukban
I have toyed with the idea modifying the ejector on Glocks so that the brass just sorta dribbles out beside me right where I stand and not flung 10' to my 5:00 into the woods and grass.

I posted about it another forum and a guy there actually executed on it and said that it does work - making it more stubby and giving a slight bend "this way". You wouldn't want to do weird drills with it and what not but it should be easy to do AND it is a very cheap part that is easy to replace/remove on Glocks.

I should sell 'em!

You seriously should. Great idea.

This sounds like a really bad idea for a self-defense weapon. I'm not surprised Hawkeye is enthused.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by manydogs
You guys are going about it all wrong. Just think of brass picking as part of your workout regimen.
With knees locked, bend and pick up a piece of brass. Return to a full upright position and repeat as often as necessary until all brass pieces have been picked up. Before you know it, you will be limber enough to bend over and hold both hands flat against the ground.

That's funny because that's the way I look at it as part of the old man exercise regimen.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by s4s4u

This ^^^

Hell, blue tape scares Deer, use a blue tarp and there won't be one left in the state.
You guys gotta pay attention to things like that. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

This

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I give my daughter a metal detector, and a bounty.

I like this idea. My son is always up for some metal detecting. Bet he'd do it for free. smile

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Where I shoot my pistols, bending over is not the problem - seeing them in the weeds to know WHERE to bend over is the problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I use a revolver , it saves my brass for me.

Mike
Bingo. wink

This is why I shoot bolts and levers and revolvers more than my semis.

With the semis I tend to spend a fair amount of time policing brass but consider it part of the game. Went to an IPSC (?) safety class a few years back. Everyone was shooting factory ammo and nobody was picking it up. Went home with a couple big bags of .45ACP.

At the rifle ranges I'm happy to police what others leave behind if it's from factory ammo. In addition to standard brass, I've got a bunch of nickel-plated cases that way, including .375H&H. Couldn't leave that behind and I don't even own a .375 H&H.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gonna need a bigazz blue tarp if shooting a CZ 52

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Many indoor ranges mount a piece of soft material on the right wall of the shooting stall that redirects the brass out of your reach forward of the firing line. It's an easy means for them to steal your brass for their profit.

boy that is the truth

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by alukban
I have toyed with the idea modifying the ejector on Glocks so that the brass just sorta dribbles out beside me right where I stand and not flung 10' to my 5:00 into the woods and grass.

I posted about it another forum and a guy there actually executed on it and said that it does work - making it more stubby and giving a slight bend "this way". You wouldn't want to do weird drills with it and what not but it should be easy to do AND it is a very cheap part that is easy to replace/remove on Glocks.

I should sell 'em!

Glock beat you to it. It's called the Gen4.

Sorry, could'nt resist. sick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,487 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.