Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Going camping next week and will do some dutch oven cooking .Last year was a big hit with smother pork chops and ducth oven pizza but I want to try BBQ chicken . Anyone tried it ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A staple on our Boy Scout outing was pepsi chicken.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This guy does it with coke on his youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXL6z4IZ60

Google search dutch oven pepsi chicken for more info.

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/19/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't sound like bbq chicken Mule, but just throw down a layer of onions, chicken, and top with your favorite bottled sauce and sit back and wait. Bet some smoked sausage on the bottom layer would be good eating too.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mule1
Going camping next week and will do some dutch oven cooking .Last year was a big hit with smother pork chops and ducth oven pizza but I want to try BBQ chicken . Anyone tried it ?

mule1,

this website may be of help

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipes.htm

You will have to copy and paste the link. I can't seem to get it to make a hot link for some reason.

I need to drag my iron out this summer and build a pit like Sam did.

Last edited by eh76; 05/20/14.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys the wife approves !

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
spread a peach jam on top of the meat after a blanket of rice, seasonings and seasoned chicken and you abra ka dabra, you have River Chicken.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DIYguy

[Linked Image]

Are you using foil liners in your DO ?

If so. Why other than ease of cleaning ?

Last edited by 284LUVR; 05/20/14.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ease of cleaning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you can also use the parchment liners. I am a huge fan of foil and parchment, as opposed to scrubbing crap out of a hot DO. laugh

you can roast a whole chicken in the DO pretty easily. Make sure you have the coals set right, and that you rotate the oven to keep the heat even. In a 12 inch deep oven, I'd use maybe 15 briquettes on the bottom, a few more than that on top.
I don't add stuff, just a bit of butter, salt and pepper, maybe an onion in the body.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you can also use the parchment liners. I am a huge fan of foil and parchment, as opposed to scrubbing crap out of a hot DO. laugh

you can roast a whole chicken in the DO pretty easily. Make sure you have the coals set right, and that you rotate the oven to keep the heat even. In a 12 inch deep oven, I'd use maybe 15 briquettes on the bottom, a few more than that on top.
I don't add stuff, just a bit of butter, salt and pepper, maybe an onion in the body.

Sam where are you purchasing these?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

Sizes ?? one size fits all ??

Helloooo,... earf to Sam.

What's that disc in the sky ? laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A little googling did it Denny

Lodge Parchment Liners

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keith,The dog just filed a grievance. Said if I buy them I'm taking work away from him.

Last time I ate at KFC he said I was outsourcing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wally world sells the Coleman brand, as will any store that caters to campers. They are packed 8 to the box, for a modest price.
..and yes, Denny, One size fit most. laugh

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/21/14.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam what spurs you to defer to foil over parchment liners?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like both Keith, and use both. Not at the same time though. lol
When cooking desserts, I like parchment When I do a breakfast casserole, or strata, tinfoil works well. Either work for chickens, pork, roasts. Stews, posole, chili, and so forth, get no liners at all.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is what I was looking for thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have roasted a turkey in a D.O. while camping. Crisscrossed celery and carrots in the bottom, added onions, legs/thighs, breast, and some chicken broth and beer for a little moisture. Started as a ten pound whole bird, just cut it up tossed it in. Turned out great. Biscuits, gravy, green beans, mashed tators, and a dessert.

Thanksgiving in June at 8000 feet.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
cal, you mention a good point there. Celery, carrots and onions in the bottom of the pan give flavor, and prevent burning of the meat.

Sam......

mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Excuse my ingnerts please but what is "strata"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trails behind dem airyliners I think.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

yuppie name for breakfast casserole. No real recipe, but when I make on in camp, it will have two dozen eggs, a couple of par boiled 'taters, cut into slices or chunks, pound of Cheddar cheese, pound or so of pork sausage, maybe a pound of bacon, precooked and crumbled.
Cook the sausage in the DO, add the 'taters, cook a bit, then pour in the eggs, add the bacon, cover and cook until set.
This one, along with the bucket of cheese grits, was featured on a recent camp out on the Kissimmee River.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Drooling. Think I had a heart murmur just looking at the pic.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Doesn't sound like bbq chicken Mule, but just throw down a layer of onions, chicken, and top with your favorite bottled sauce and sit back and wait. Bet some smoked sausage on the bottom layer would be good eating too.

Ding, ding, ding. From one that grew quite similar quite nearby.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

yuppie name for breakfast casserole. No real recipe, but when I make on in camp, it will have two dozen eggs, a couple of par boiled 'taters, cut into slices or chunks, pound of Cheddar cheese, pound or so of pork sausage, maybe a pound of bacon, precooked and crumbled.
Cook the sausage in the DO, add the 'taters, cook a bit, then pour in the eggs, add the bacon, cover and cook until set.

This one, along with the bucket of cheese grits, was featured on a recent camp out on the Kissimmee River.
[Linked Image]

Thanks Sam! That looks great !

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The egg potato, meat dish looks good but I would skip the grits. sick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must be a yankee! laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. With all the available options I cant imagine saying no to some great food just to choke down ground up corn. We feed that to chickens but if you dont have access to better food options, then eat up the livestock feed if its all you have. I dont have such limited horizons that I have to settle for something to eat.

If I wanted to eat Blah/bland paste that has to be doctored with all manner of amendments to make it palatable I will just as soon eat potatoes or rice. I will say though that both grits and refried beans are the easiest foods for the body to digest because they both start as sh*t to begin with so they pass through the system with ease. grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/23/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. With all the available options I cant imagine saying no to some great food just to choke down ground up corn. We feed that to chickens but if you dont have access to better food options, then eat up the livestock feed if its all you have. I dont have such limited horizons that I have to settle for something to eat.

If I wanted to eat Blah/bland paste that has to be doctored with all manner of amendments to make it palatable I will just as soon eat potatoes or rice. I will say though that both grits and refried beans are the easiest foods for the body to digest because they both start as sh*t to begin with so they pass through the system with ease. grin

Damn, your stupid or just ignorant. Best foods in the world do not come from the Kings castle, but the house of the peasants that toil on the grounds. crazy

Sean
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Empty platitudes, lacking substance aside, your comment is without logic. Grits are of southern native American origin not of �Castle dwelling� Kings over seas. I stand by my comments 100%. Having grown up on a dirt and dairy farm I know enough to be able to spot good food and livestock feed like grits.

Also, you will struggle (and then fail as you have already proven) to present a valid argument in which you can link a person�s dislike for a food with their IQ. IQ and food preference are mutually exclusive. I fear you are simply trying too hard for lack of a valid premise.

So I will be dismissing your entire argument out of hand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pompous ass!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
dont be so harsh with calikooknic. Im sure he means well but I dont think pompus is the right term for him even though he reached for for the royalty comments.

I do however think mannlicker hit it out of the park with the other dish he made in the D.O. That one sounds and looks fantastic. Ive been a D.O. users for about 20 years and like his egg dish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
What a pompous ass!

That sums up his reply pretty well. For a guy that post he likes some banter and doesn't take all this too serious, he took it pretty literal.

Diy dude. You are making way more out of the comment than I was. If chicken feed is "below" you, you just don't get it.

Sean
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If chicken feed is "below" you, you just don't get it.

That was my point. Then you hoped to somehow link it to "kings" LOL All I did was speak honestly about me opinion of grits. That what get to do here, speak honestly and openly about our opinions on things. Dont let it upset you so. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You still can not connect the dots.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

ok I take back the 'yankee' thing. Just a phkking idiot is closer to the mark. laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ive learned over the years that on forums there is a large cross section of folks that lack a very basic skill set (that being the art of conversation and discussion). In the arena of ideas, they have very few arrows in their quiver and are unable to carry on a sound discussion. When they encounter ideas counter to theirs, they lack the ability to present valid opposing ideas so they lash out with personal attacks. Socrates said it best

�When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.�

We see that played out so often on web forum. Grits came up, I mentioned I don�t care for them. What followed was folks unable to string together salient ideas leaving them only slander and name calling. Personally I blame the upbringing and public school system.

Its ok that I don�t like grits and its ok that I share that opinion of grits. Why people (rather than accept or discuss) fall to the most base emotions and attack the messenger is really odd (but not unexpected) Unless you consider that they simply lack the ability to discuss or accept different views.
And that they take interweb forums too seriously.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
maybe you would be happier at another forum then. One where the folks are more sophisticated, and certainly more in need of your do it yourself tips.
You are certainly full of yourself. Reminds me of that old bumper sticker "Jesus loves you. You Mama loves you. Everyone else things your an azzhole"

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That�s exactly what I just described. Personal attacks coupled with poor spelling

" Everyone else THINGS your an azzhole"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That�s exactly what I just described. Personal attacks coupled with poor spelling

I have read this thread with interest and it would seem that you invited what you got...and without reason as you were not being attacked in any way.

They were just shooting the breeze and having a good-natured yack.

And the use of "mannlicker" was rude.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cool story bro. We will agree to disagree.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I am not your "bro", and you are an arse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

and to compound your assholishness, you are one of those spelling Nazis. laugh

no doubt you got my point though.

Sam......

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

So, you don't like grits...douche.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang---the DIY method of making and keeping friends at a fire seems to work well.

Carry on sir!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And you are under the mistaken impression Im at a web forum to find and keep friends?????? grin grin

Im here to engage in conversation and share opinions and stories, experiences and pics with total strangers.

P.S. Grits blow. wink

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lets recap. Socrates was correct in his assertion that when people lose an argument/debate, they resort to slander as a coping mechanism to make up for their intellectual shortcomings. I shared my opinion on grits. Members of this community (who Socrates did such a great job of describing ) for lack of any ability to engage called me

Idiot

Azzhole

Stupid

Ignorant

Nazi

Yankee

pompous ass

phkking idiot

douche

At least I know who Im dealing with and what sort of intellectual point counterpoint I can expect and the lack of ability to engage on an educated level. Again, I have to blame the public education system in this coutry. Ha ha grin grin grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/24/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going over to our little country store in a few minutes. They better have some damn grits on the shelf or I'm going to throw a pissy fit.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You tell em. Send me some grits in the mail. Im thinking of growing a few chickens. How deep do you plant them? grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think it may be helpful if somebody generated a list of foods nobody can speak ill of lest a section of this community (lacking the ability to communicate) loses it damn mind and becomes unhinged if they read a discouraging word. It may save page counts. I will start.

Grits. grin

We can then start a series of talks on how not to take the interweb so seriously that you have to make personal attacks on those with opposing ideas on said foods.

I used to be a community organizer.

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/24/14.
mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I think it may be helpful if somebody generated a list of foods nobody can speak ill of lest a section of this community (lacking the ability to communicate) loses it damn mind and becomes unhinged if they read a discouraging word. It may save page counts. I will start.

Grits. grin

We can then start a series of talks on how not to take the interweb so seriously that you have to make personal attacks on those with opposing ideas on said foods.

I used to be a community organizer.

Who the fuk invited you anyway?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loves me some grits so much that each of ya'lls gittin' a BFB fer Christmas.

Gotta move into the new digs first tho' laugh

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We see that played out so often on web forum. Grits came up, I mentioned I don�t care for them. What followed was folks unable to string together salient ideas leaving them only slander and name calling. Personally I blame the upbringing and public school system.

Yea, nice spin but you didn't just casually "mention" that you simply "don't care for grits".

What you said was,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. "

Oh, and while you're busy insulting others, implying they're poorly raised and/or uneducated, and pointing out spelling errors, you might want to proof read some of your own drivel before posting.

It's some, not "sme", and can't has an apostrophe.

How's about you quit starting chit on every thread you reply to and maybe do one of your fascinating in depth reports on something like castor oil or laxatives instead.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
engage on an educated level

Not interested...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
heathen! wink

Go Nats!!!!

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sse
engage on an educated level

Not interested...

With him, that is...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Actually I just have standards

It is quite obvious your parents had none when it came to the end issue of their reproductive endeavours.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looks like I'm missing some fun here�.. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Looks like I'm missing some fun here�.. grin

Only if you don't know how to do yourself. laugh

We are all learning first hand how educationally challenged we are. Glad someone finally came along to save us all.

Go Nats!!!!

mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll tell y'all what a goofy basturd I am . I like :

Oatmeal

Turnips

Turnip greens

Spinach

Calf fries, mountain oysters, bovine testicles

Pinto beans

Navy beans

Lima beans

Boiled cabadge

I might like armadillo if I had the nerve to try it

Heck I even eat pork

I honestly don't know how Im able to function on a daily basis eating all this scum sucking poverty slop.

Lol

Last edited by mule1; 05/24/14. Reason: cause I is dumb

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yea, nice spin but you didn't just casually "mention" that you simply "don't care for grits".

What you said was,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. "

Oh, and while you're busy insulting others, implying they're poorly raised and/or uneducated, and pointing out spelling errors, you might want to proof read some of your own drivel before posting.

It's some, not "sme", and can't has an apostrophe.

How's about you quit starting chit on every thread you reply to and maybe do one of your fascinating in depth reports on something like castor oil or laxatives instead.

Actually Field, he has posted a couple of interesting threads, in particular the thread about building a smoker, although I do not think I would like my doctor to have his charming manner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Granted, it was informative but there's a hundred places on the internet where you can get the same information about smokers without listening to an egotistical, self absorbed, blow hard.

What's your point?

Sorry,,, I just can't abide an arrogant prick that thinks he's so dam much better than every one else.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Granted, it was informative but tere's a hundred places on the internet where you can get the same information about smokers without listening to an egotistical, self absorbed, blow hard.

What's your point?

Sorry,,, I just can't abide an arrogant prick that thinks he's so dam much better than every one else.

He certainly presents like that.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
egotistical, self absorbed, blow hard

There's plenty of people around who don't fit this profile...take Sam for instance...k, well maybe not the best example... cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And I thought this was the food forum, the place where we played nice (well maybe some friendly jabs). Then someone shows up and starts trashing what people choose to eat and what they cook it on.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

ok I take back the 'yankee' thing. Just a phkking idiot is closer to the mark. laugh

As often the case, Sam is spot on. I bored with the little chit some time ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Goodbye.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

If this is what you teach your children a man is, they will truly need prayer throughout their lives. God Bless them all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DIYguy,

You're a friggin' narcissist. You think your schit doesn't stink but it does.

That's not slander based upon the debate being lost. It's my assessment based on your posts and I'm not the only one that feels that way.

From the Mayo clinic website ...

"Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism."

You can read more about your condition here ...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...-disorder/basics/definition/CON-20025568

Until you seek help and come to grips with your disorder and find the ability to deal with others in a more respectful manner you should refrain from posting here.

BTW, GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

If this is what you teach your children a man is, they will truly need prayer throughout their lives. God Bless them all.

Lynn,

I think you actually hit on the man's chosen career.

He exhibits some of the negative traits of a teacher. A person that demands and craves the attention of underlings while pompously pontificating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
while pompously pontificating.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Lynn,

I think you actually hit on the man's chosen career.

He exhibits some of the negative traits of a teacher. A person that demands and craves the attention of underlings while pompously pontificating.

We have a couple of those up in the Hunter's Campfire, be glad to buy them all one way tickets to a world all their own.

I pity this guy's wife, IF he has one....

mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That's why he gets on here and runs his mouth its the one thing his wife doesn't control .I've seen guys run for public office and become a royal pain in butt wife makes them sit down to pee and cower in a corner so when they get a chance to be a banty rooster look out .

Last edited by mule1; 05/25/14. Reason: ?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But in the town it was well known
When they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them
Within inches of their lives

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
But in the town it was well known
When they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them
Within inches of their lives

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a pompous ass!

Charlie I quit reading his BS long ago because of that wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lets recap. Socrates was correct in his assertion that when people lose an argument/debate, they resort to slander as a coping mechanism to make up for their intellectual shortcomings. I shared my opinion on grits. Members of this community (who Socrates did such a great job of describing ) for lack of any ability to engage called me

Idiot

Azzhole

Stupid

Ignorant

Nazi

Yankee

pompous ass

phkking idiot

douche

At least I know who Im dealing with and what sort of intellectual point counterpoint I can expect and the lack of ability to engage on an educated level. Again, I have to blame the public education system in this coutry. Ha ha grin grin grin

Let me add some for you.

Metrosexual

Peckerwood

Cretin

Funny (that's funny queer,not funny haha.)

Okay, I,m back on ignore.

Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had him on ignore since the home built smoker thread.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

great, now you're braggin...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pompous ass!

Don't blame you Keith.

Problem with riding around on his high horse looking down his nose at every one else is, just like any horse, he'll eventually get bucked off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pompous ass!

Don't blame you Keith.

Problem with riding around on his high horse looking down his nose at every one else is, just like any horse, he'll eventually get bucked off.

The rodeo has begun and I think he already took a dirt dive. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pompous ass!

Don't blame you Keith.

Problem with riding around on his high horse looking down his nose at everyone else is, just like any horse, he'll eventually get bucked off.

The rodeo has begun and I think he already took a dirt dive. grin

Na,,,, he's to full of himself to know when to quit. He'll be back to impress us with his superior intellect by quoting Aristotle or maybe even Obama before ya know it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am hoping he gave up, I like the food forum as is. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Na,,,, he's to full of himself to know when to quit. He'll be back to impress us with his superior intellect by quoting Aristotle or maybe Obama before ya know it.

If he does ...

I'll start quoting Bobcat Goldthwait and fricken' Andrew Dice Clay. laugh

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

great, now you're braggin...

braggin is spelled bragging. Let's tighten her up here guys! laugh

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I signed him up over @ egg central http://eggheadforum.com

He'll hafta PM me for his password laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent him a case of them designer Grits Sam likes to brag about. grin

Woulda sent him some of mine but all they sell around here is po-boy Grits.
I get em at the feed store right next to the egg-layer.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 05/26/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I signed him up over @ egg central http://eggheadforum.com

He'll hafta PM me for his password laugh

grin grin Classic!!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I like grits with cheese in them smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chris_c
I am hoping he gave up, I like the food forum as is. grin

[Linked Image]

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I like grits with cheese in them smile

Me too!
I discovered this recipe a while back.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cheese-grits-10000001704039/
I've always just used water. Would have never thought about making them with milk and chicken stock but they're fantastic.

Naturally I ignored all the 2% this and low fat that suggestions smile .

Last edited by FieldGrade; 05/26/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Saving that! Thanks!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sorry I was otherwise predisposed these last days. You�ve been a busy murder of crows. Speculating about my station in life, if married? If I sired offspring and what had become of them?? And then manufacturing all manner of bedtime tale to soothe you??? I do not entertain hypotheticals. As it is the world is vexing enough.
As for allowing me to live rent free in your heads this past weekend, thanks are in order. I can only hope you spared a moment or two for late veterans and their wives and children more deserving of your thoughts.

P.S. Grits still blow.

Carry on. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You seriously need to get over yourself...you must be a liberal democrat...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry I was otherwise predisposed these last days. You�ve been a busy murder of crows. Speculating about my station in life, if married? If I sired offspring and what had become of them?? And then manufacturing all manner of bedtime tale to soothe you??? I do not entertain hypotheticals. As it is the world is vexing enough.
As for allowing me to live rent free in your heads this past weekend, thanks are in order. I can only hope you spared a moment or two for late veterans and their wives and children more deserving of your thoughts.

P.S. Grits still blow.

Carry on. grin

You just stepped in it ... waist high. laugh

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You seriously need to get over yourself...you must be a liberal democrat...

It seems the population of this community is prone to making wild and false assumptions. The brothers Grimm should do so well in conjuring up a wicked and horrible wife and now a Liberal Democrat. Truth always pales to fiction.

Fiscal Libertarian and Social conservative would in fact be a more accurate description but once again I appreciate your attempts to make yourselves feel better by manufacturing what it is you wish to see.

As to getting over me, well I suspect this thread will go on for some time with a list of characters incapable of such acts. They will line up with stone in hand, trying as they might but each will miss its mark for one simple reason because you see I haven�t given any of you permission.

Try as you might, in order for your words to have their intended effect I would first have to place value in them and seeing as how I do not they serve only to make you feel as though you have hit your mark when in fact they sail harmlessly by even as you revel in mass and congratulate one another. As stated earlier, for all the breakthroughs in modern science, they have yet to invent a device sensitive enough to detect how little I care. grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Oh dear. Does this mean I will suffer the slings and arrows along with the pitchforks and torches I have already seen?

Pfffft. All I request is that you pace yourselves. Dont flame out too soon. wink

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/27/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P.S. Grits still blow.

I feel the same way about liver and onions but to drag myself through a thread like this in this manner simply because of a dislike of a certain food is childish at best.

Let it go.

BTW, I'm retired and can do this for years. The dog kinda likes it tho' laugh

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think it stopped being about grits long ago. I made a comment about grits in passing. The spiral was not at my hand alone. I share our dislike for liver and onions.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sooner than later, you will figure out that your audience here has fizzled out, and there will no longer be a purpose for you to post here. Your type never truly gets it, but you will feel the effects, trust me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Told ya he'd be back fish head.

Egomaniac's are boringly predictable.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sooner than later, you will figure out that your audience here has fizzled out, and there will no longer be a purpose for you to post here. Your type never truly gets it, but you will feel the effects, trust me.

What you will understand immediately is that I don�t have an audience here. I never have. Nor have I sought one. As such that has never been the reason to post here. While you are under the failed premise that the �clique� be the reason and purpose for people to post in the food forum. You said:

� your audience here has fizzled out, and there will no longer be a purpose for you to post here.�

This leads me to believe you are the one that fails to understand the purpose of posting in the food forum. So centered are you on YOU and the clique that you failed to recognize any other participants so it is natural that you have determined who should and should not post here based on the clique and if you deem it not worthy nor of value than that must be how it is.

I read what you posted and laughed a little out loud. grin

What if the purpose of posting on the food forum was to share recipes and opinions and ideas and humor with everybody including those that may never post here? That audience is constantly fluctuating, growing and shrinking and is not just the fixed clique that has assumed ownership of the food area and what should and should not be posted and who should and should not be posting. What if the content was never related to who you like or who you think likes you or if it pleases the clique even if anybody should care about such nonsense. grin

I have neither the time nor the inclination to entertain the 13 year old mean-girl on facebook scenario so save your keystrokes. Its wasted on me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow!

Believe it or not I'm actually fascinated by you and your mental disorders. I've never read the ramblings of someone that was so blatantly narcissistic as you.

You take the cake. Seriously. You're a poster child for narcissism and egomaniacal personality disorder.

Did I hit the mark on your chosen profession?

Are you, or were you, an educator?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the avatar is a dead give away...

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wow!

Believe it or not I'm actually fascinated by you and your mental disorders. I've never read the ramblings of someone that was so blatantly narcissistic as you.

You take the cake. Seriously. You're a poster child for narcissism and egomaniacal personality disorder.

Which is why one could only imagine his delight when he returned to see all the new comments directly related to him...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

No. I spent my life in the engineering field. The last 25 of it designing diagnostic imaging devices. Never was an educator/teacher. Yours and the others hoping to make assumptions have done poorly but I fear that doesnt matter. grin

My wicked, evil, shrew of a wife was likewise a fail as were all the other assumptions made but I still found them entertaining (like the rest of this thread). I think that is the point that may upset folks so much. My finding this entire exchange entertaining and humorous when its intended goal was to wound and hurt. Sorry, that just cant happen. I do however have one regret and that is for the OP and his thread. It was a good thread. He cooks a mean breakfast in his DO. That should be noted.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
the avatar is a dead give away...

I know, its pretty silly, eh? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wicked, evil, shrew of a wife was likewise a fail ......... failing about sums it all up...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You still can't connect the dots can you?

I only assumed your were a narcissistic a$$hole.

As to the OP, it was Manlicher that made the breakfast, with grits, it was Mule 1 (the OP ) that asked "who invited you?".

Sam called you a Yankee with a big smiley face ( smile ) behind it in jest. You responded with your dissertation about not having to stoop to such lows to gain your substenance.

I was the first to respond with the stupid and ignorant names, in jest, I would do the same to your face with a smile and drink. So we have come to this.

I believe the "clique" here has basically told you to piss off.

If Mule 1 is upset with me for crapping on his thread, I offer him my sincerest apology.

Sean
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You still can't connect the dots can you?

Nor do I care to. Its not as important to me as you may think. In fact I find no value in it at all.

As to the OP, it was Manlicher that made the breakfast, with grits, it was Mule 1 (the OP ) that asked "who invited you?".

More things I don�t care about. Invites are not at all required. Its the interweb.

Sam called you a Yankee with a big smiley face ( smile ) behind it in jest. You responded with your dissertation about not having to stoop to such lows to gain your substenance.

Its �sustenance� and I have stooped quite low growing up a poor farm kid eating all manner of things. While you frame yourself a spotter of jest you completely missed mine. Pity, I thought it quite good.

I believe the "clique" here has basically told you to piss off.

That makes three times I�ve been told something I couldn�t care less about. I believe you just struck Out (swinging) grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Oh dear. Does this mean I will suffer the slings and arrows along with the pitchforks and torches I have already seen?

Pfffft. All I request is that you pace yourselves. Dont flame out too soon. wink

It is don't, not dont, Mr Newton.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You poking a hornets nest? grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chris_c

You poking a hornets nest? grin

I figured why not, he's sort of not all with it anyways, so why not have some fun grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

If your were referencing Wayne Newton, he was a singer/actor (as was Juice Newton)

Cam newton is a football player of some note

I doubt you are referencing Fig Newtons (although tasty) because they were named after a town.

I will therefore assume you are referencing Sir Isaac Newton. You will want to know that he was a noted scientist, physicist and mathematician. He was not a noted winner of any spelling bees (that I am aware of)

A newton is a unit of force and is named after Isaac Newton in recognition of his work on classical mechanics, specifically Newton's second law of motion.

A unit of force................... Very fitting. I like it. High praise indeed. grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/28/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was referencing Mr Newton a school teacher with a passion for hamsters, vaseline, paper cones, and himself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was referencing Mr Newton a school teacher with a passion for hamsters, vaseline, paper cones, and himself.

laugh

Sean
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Nope, I don't need to say that...!

You are doing fine sweetheart and do not need or require any assistance from me at all.

You are doing fine.

Regards.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The significance of that escapes me but if he instructed you on such things it�s no wonder he remains stuck in your head (and elsewhere). I however am schooling you on things other than biology. While on the subject. I�m getting deluged with PM�s. Since you were mentioned specifically I thought I would share with you.

[Linked Image]

Tag, your it. grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The significance of that escapes me but if he instructed you on such things it�s no wonder he remains stuck in your head (and elsewhere). I however am schooling you on things other than biology. While on the subject. I�m getting deluged with PM�s. Since you were mentioned specifically I thought I would share with you.

[Linked Image]

Tag, your it. grin

Now post something that would make me give a damn....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sir Fig Newton's first law of "Dynamic Conversational Interaction With a Known Narcissist" states ...

"There's an unequal and incalculable reaction to stimulus provided to azzholes who are suffering from mental disorders."

In other words ...

Feeding the troll results in long winded pompous bloviating posts about a whole bunch of meaningless BS.

The second law states ...

"Don't feed the troll."

Sir Fig Newton was wicked smart. grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

[Linked Image]

Tag, your it. grin

That's the message I have been hoping to convey all along and yet you continue. Odd?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

[Linked Image]

Tag, your it. grin

That's the message I have been hoping to convey all along and yet you continue. Odd?

Not odd, you create your own avatars, therefore you are capable of creating many things in that realm. You created what you wanted to use to "shock" me and claim someone else wrote it, simple. But, it is nothing that holds any water with me, nor creates any problems in my life.

BTW, Rick Bin chooses who leaves and who stays in this forum, not you, nor anyone else.

Have a good one ! grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Now I have some errands to attend to. This will allow you and the rest the head start you clearly need. Upon my return, I will hit out of the park all the softballs I am certain will have been pitched my way.

Take your time, think and put some effort into your posts for a change because while entertaining, they lack a certain level of intellect and novelty. Perhaps work together as a group (or pack in this case).

Chop chop. My return is not far off. See if you can impress me. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh laugh laugh

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had to Google him. He drowned in 2012. They found alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, PCP and grits in his system plus he had a heart condition. grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I�m getting deluged with PM�s. Since you were mentioned specifically I thought I would share with you.

[Linked Image]

Tag, your it. grin

Just sayin....

In order to be written by a Kahuna Status Member as portrayed in the print screen of the PM (above) you posted to me, the member who sent it to you must have made between 15001 and 24999 posts.

Please note that all members who presently hold this status are listed here on pages 1954 thru to page 1956.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/7/like/-1/page/1954

Please also note that on the print screen of the PM you posted to me, there are tiny ends protruding below the blackout line in the �Location� status, indicating that there is comma�s or forward slashes in the info that has been blacked out. I have looked through ALL of the �Kahuna� status members� locations, and have only found one possible match except that that member Eremicus (Member #509) has not been online since 03/18/14 01:13 PM.

Also interesting is the fact that the PM ID number is missing along with the date of the PM. In order for them to be missing you would have had to black them out as you did to other info in the print screen of the �supposed� PM.

However, being me, and always in a hurry, I have had the occasion to send a PM without a recipient name filled in, and have through that action discovered the end result is that you send it to yourself. This results in the PM not being dated. As for the ID number, well you can just wipe that out by using a program that allows you to match the colour of the background the print is on, and conveniently paint over it, with the result looking like it was never there. Such as I did in the below print screens of a PM I sent to myself to prove my theory.

Original sent to me from me. Note the ID number.

[Linked Image]

Doctored version of the original (above) sent to me from me:

I used the Paint Program. Note the absence of the ID number. Sorry about the size of the photos, Photobucket was being stubborn.

[Linked Image]

See the difference ? Exact colour match, and voila no PM ID number which appears on all PM's. I am having this confirmed by Rick Bin via email, so you will have to hang on while I wait for him to answer my question as to why DIYguy gets PM's without ID numbers.

There are many more ways to go about showing your supposed PM for what it is, BUT, I have become bored with you for now. If you so desire to dispute my posting, then all you have to do is tell the Kahuna member that PM�d you about me, to make himself known, and relate to me that same info, only this time on the public forum, for all to see, and all to read. That in itself would be proof enough for me or any member of this forum that your PM is not fictitious.

Just sayin....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ML, I must say that to go through all that time & effort you have become entangled in the web of boredom.

Get a life.

I'm going fishing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Actually I did it while sitting on my back porch, drinking sweet tea, listening to great music, waiting for a wedding dress to arrive.

Up early, house clean, other chores done, and taking it easy.

I could not resist. According to my nephew it is because ALL women want to take men down and have the last word, preferably both !

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
ML, I must say that to go through all that time & effort you have become entangled in the web of boredom.

Get a life.

I'm going fishing.

lol grin Speaking of fishing, she took the bait hook line and sinker.

(all while pretending, woefully not to care.) Played like a fiddle. (easy)

I didn�t read the rather lengthy post but the pictures were simply fascinating. Im sure a very awesome and cool story was intertwined. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. grin grin

Just the mental image of all the time spent and wheels turning and outrage (all while pretending woefully not to care.) And the ham fisted pounding of the keyboard makes me feel all warm inside knowing she cared so much to devote such effort. Im flattered. Now I feel bad that I didn�t get her anything. grin

Dance puppet, dance.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I feel the need to apologize to Miss Lynn for using her as an example and riding her so hard (even though she made it so easy) I can only surmise its due to the slightly higher levels of estrogen than the rest of the �Lets gang up on DIYguy� club that she is so upset and worked up over the interweb. People that take a foody forum on a web chat room ought to be reminded from time to time its just a foody forum on a chat room and nothing but entertainment and should not to be taken so seriously as to invent a fictitious wife and sad children and then pretend to use them as a weapon (who does that?).

Since you seem interested in my wife, you will want to know she is not a well woman and has suffered terribly and is in considerable pain of late including 5 surgeries and is facing another that will no doubt land her in a wheelchair.

Should you be interested in a protracted land war, I will happily oblige. I have the time and talent for it. I find it entertaining (even if not particularly challenging) Your call.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
People that take a foody forum on a web chat room ought to be reminded from time to time its just a foody forum on a chat room...

Time for everyone to let this go.

This is *usually* one of the forums where civility is in place.

This stuff make it like some of the others.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.