I bet Obama is proud of your 'service'.

Way to go.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You certainly do know how to work the system.

The Montana R's proposed it and passed the NR Native License law Sam. Montana Residents need to be more careful who they put into office, they dont care about their constituents or the wildlife in Montana.

The R's created the "system"...and for the record, I was the only one of the 2400 former MT Residents that take advantage of the R's Native Tag "system" that testified against it.

You're welcome...

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/21/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just glad you found the time to take advantage of it. You've earned it.

And I don't give a fuuck about R's or D's. They're all snakes.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Better to be a .gov employee than a friggin eye Doc for sure. frown

Maybe they get 8 weeks paid because they get no retirement or health insurance? wink

Last edited by eyeball; 05/21/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I know I've earned it, not many people drive 1600 miles round trip on crap roads, to testify against something they would benefit from.

Agree on the D's and R's...

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Buzz, how do you manage to find the time for all those hunting adventures?

You dont need much time if you know what you're doing.

Wild guess here but your 'work' doesn't even know when you're gone.

Enjoy yourself(on our dime.....).

the hypocrisy is amusing. [color:#3366FF]Farm Subsidy Database[/color]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's another bloated system that needs to be worked over.

Too many people taking advantage.

I guess at least most farmers work and actually produce something of value. Kind of nice to not have to worry about going hungry.

Toad, what do you do for a living?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
work.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
For the fast 5+ years, environmentalists have tried to get public support from within New Mexico. It was put to vote and didn't pass, so then they went to the state legislature. Again, didn't pass with a vote. So the environmentalists go to the federal level. Now we have this land grab that impacts more than many realize.

1. Closes off roads to local law. This area is used by drug cartels and illegals. When you see a pair of panties hanging on a mesquite bush, a lady was raped there.

2. It effects the cave crawlers. They now have to file an itinerary with the federal government and get a permit.

3. You had to pay to hike dripping springs before the land grab, now the cost has gone up. New Mexico is 48th in childhood obesity, we are 49th in poverty. Let's make getting outdoors more expensive.

4. It also gives New Mexico federal money to hire workers and upkeep. Yet another misuse of taxpayer money. Do your research, how many national monuments actually make a profit?

5. It's also unconstitutional. In the Constitution, it's written the federal government shall not own land in any state, it shall be forfeited to the state in which the land belongs.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NMLady
For the fast 5+ years, environmentalists have tried to get public support from within New Mexico. It was put to vote and didn't pass, so then they went to the state legislature. Again, didn't pass with a vote. So the environmentalists go to the federal level. Now we have this land grab that impacts more than many realize.

1. Closes off roads to local law. This area is used by drug cartels and illegals. When you see a pair of panties hanging on a mesquite bush, a lady was raped there.

2. It effects the cave crawlers. They now have to file an itinerary with the federal government and get a permit.

3. You had to pay to hike dripping springs before the land grab, now the cost has gone up. New Mexico is 48th in childhood obesity, we are 49th in poverty. Let's make getting outdoors more expensive.

4. It also gives New Mexico federal money to hire workers and upkeep. Yet another misuse of taxpayer money. Do your research, how many national monuments actually make a profit?

5. It's also unconstitutional. In the Constitution, it's written the federal government shall not own land in any state, it shall be forfeited to the state in which the land belongs.

You are spot on with that! smile

Hope you are doing OK!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for your input NMLady. Ranger Buzz will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Less than 50 miles fro the Organ Mountains is Otero Mesa in much the same type of terrain. It does contain oil/gas deposits.

The environmentalists want that all "preserved" (lock/out tag/out).

http://www.oteromesa.org/the-campaign-to-protect-otero-mesa/
I live 6 miles West of the Organ Mountains. Look on the map you put up earlier and look for Mesquite. I do know where Otero Mesa is and also know what the "greenie-weenies" want to do. wink

You are right in the big middle of all that. Man!...

Good thing the Sacramentos are not far away from you. wink
Yes and Yes. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BuzzH

I cant find a good reason to not see that continue...and I'll do everything I can to protect the legacy for the future. Its the very least I can do.

At least we find common ground on keeping our hunting legacy alive and well.

Buzz, you didn't answer my question about the oilfield pic you posted.

Is it public land? If so, where is it? When was the field developed?

The reason I ask this is because that highly represents the old oilfields of over 50 years ago on private land in some areas where the landowner didn't care about the footprint. Only the royalty check.

If government officials let an oil company do that on public land, then it not only represents lack of responsibility on the oil company's part, but shows a totally new level of dumbass on the part of who was overseeing the public interest for the government.

So please direct us all to where that picture is so that we can look into that matter further, please sir.

BTW, posting a dozen hero pics of yourself doesn't give your posts more righteousness or accuracy. It doesn't even make your weenie bigger. It doesn't make you a better hunter, and lastly, it does show that you have not reached that point in your hunting adventures that allows you to relax and enjoy the outdoors and hunting without killing everything with hair on it... It's more representative of a 20 year old kid that can't kill things fast enough. But, at least you are passionate about hunting. I'll give you that much.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What the hell does it matter? Why do these threads always get down to this level?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

What the hell does it matter? Why do these threads always get down to this level?

Sometimes who they draw a check from is insightful as to the motivation of the posts they make, and the political stance they have.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For the fast 5+ years, environmentalists have tried to get public support from within New Mexico. It was put to vote and didn't pass, so then they went to the state legislature. Again, didn't pass with a vote. So the environmentalists go to the federal level.

I'm not familiar with the history of this, but if this is true then I would agree that it's not the right way to go about these things.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, and sometimes, like in the case of Buzz, it means he's right in the middle of these kinds of things, get involved in his off hours, and is better informed than 99% of the people who post here.

I've butted heads with Buzz a lot in the past, but I have to admit he knows this stuff.

And when it gets down to questioning people about their personal life, that's not a debate, it's a personal attack.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[quote=elkhunternm][quote=rockinbbar]Less than 50 miles fro the Organ Mountains is Otero Mesa in much the same type of terrain. It does contain oil/gas deposits.

I live 6 miles West of the Organ Mountains. Look on the map you put up earlier and look for Mesquite. I do know where Otero Mesa is and also know what the "greenie-weenies" want to do. wink

I would hate to see Otero Mesa developed for oil/gas. It's one of the last untouched areas in the state.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
For the fast 5+ years, environmentalists have tried to get public support from within New Mexico. It was put to vote and didn't pass, so then they went to the state legislature. Again, didn't pass with a vote. So the environmentalists go to the federal level.

I'm not familiar with the history of this, but if this is true then I would agree that it's not the right way to go about these things.

It IS absolutely true on all counts.

Not only with that, but with other matters involving hunting, trapping, game limits, game laws, other areas the radical environmentalists want "preserved", and a whole plethora of other things.

There is a very small, liberal population that has moved to NM in recent years and set up shop, and that is all they do. I fight them tooth and nail at every turn. I know them and see them at all the "public input" sessions as well as game commission meeting and the state legislature.

She is spot on, and their views are NOT representative of the populace in southern NM. Maybe around Santa Fe, but not here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
[quote=elkhunternm][quote=rockinbbar]Less than 50 miles fro the Organ Mountains is Otero Mesa in much the same type of terrain. It does contain oil/gas deposits.

I would hate to see Otero Mesa developed for oil/gas. It's one of the last untouched areas in the state.

It's mostly gas. The price of gas is so low and the price of drilling so high, plus the return on wells there is negligible in the best of times. I don't foresee anything happening for as long as I can look down that road. Just not enough money in it.

On the other hand.... If you have not been there in awhile, you ought to see what McGregor Range is doing, and all the people and roads and construction they have going out there. Even pisses me off at times. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,074
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.