Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

�So Much Craziness and So Little Time�: Congressman Laments Increasingly Armed Regulatory Agencies

Congressman Chris Stewart (R-Utah) spoke out Tuesday on The Glenn Beck Program against increasingly armed regulatory agencies, saying there is �so much craziness and so little time.�

�You feel like the world�s been turned upside down sometimes, and this is just one example of that,� Stewart remarked. �I think the key to this is, these are regulatory agencies. They�re not law enforcement agencies. They don�t fall under the Department of Justice.�

After a discussion of peaceful parents who have been arrested at school board meetings, Stewart said �you have to twist yourself into pretzels to defend some of the things we�ve seen here.�

�Show me any scenario where the Department of Education or the Food and Drug Administration has such an urgent need to enforce this regulation that they have to have this � very heavy-handed, para-military capability,� he continued. �Because there isn�t one. There just isn�t a scenario where they couldn�t turn to local law enforcement � the FBI, or the federal marshals.�

Beck asked with concern: �If it�s a regulatory agency and they report directly to the president, this is in effect a presidential police force is it not?�

Stewart said �essentially that would be true,� noting that we gave many of these organizations additional power to arm themselves and make arrests after 9/11.

�In the heat of the moment, in the heat of the crisis after those initial attacks, we created legislation which, in the long term, ends up being harmful to us,� he said.

Though Stewart is fighting to end the militarization of America�s regulatory agencies, he expressed little hope that the legislation will make headway until Republicans take back the Senate.

�It�s not going to pass [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid. Do you think anything that makes sense and supports the cause of freedom is going to get past Harry Reid?� Stewart said with a laugh. �Because I don�t. Which is why this November is so important. It�s just so important that we have allies in the Senate.�

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-increasingly-armed-regulatory-agencies/

[Linked Image]

I cannot say that our country could have no secret police without becoming totalitarian, but I can say with great conviction that it cannot become totalitarian without a centralized national police.
~ Justice Robert H. Jackson

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The evidence has been overwhelming - yet many here simply refuse to believe..

Their loss..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These modern day Brown Shirts live among us. Start collecting data on where they live, where their office is, etc.
They feel real brave in their Ninja suits, helmets and masks. Maybe not so much when they are wearing shorts, t-shirt, and a baseball cap mowing the lawn.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
�In the heat of the moment, in the heat of the crisis after those initial attacks, we created legislation which, in the long term, ends up being harmful to us,� he said.
No "heat of the moment" about it. The heat of the moment was their excuse for militarizing internal agencies/departments at all levels under either direct or indirect Federal control. It was not their reason. Their reason was to impose tyranny on the American people, and to keep us too intimidated, with black clad paramilitary forces everywhere you look, to do anything about it when they do.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
The evidence has been overwhelming - yet many here simply refuse to believe..

Their loss..
I'm in full agreement that the militarization of both community police forces and Federal agency quasi-police forces is both highly wrong and plainly unconstitutional. Unless this dictatorial path is turned around immediately it will be used to the detriment of most every citizen in this country. That makes it all our loss, the countries loss, and particularly every patriot hero who gave of themselves to preserve the freedom in America, and a huge loss for the world as a whole, not just "their's".

Obama stated his desire and perceived need for such a militarized force in this country, and he has created it. He is exactly the amoral sociopath to use it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not just the POTUS and self serving lawmakers are to blame.
The lazy, uneducated, unskilled cock suckers that are willing to suppress the citizens of this country and basically wipe their ass's with the constitution by collecting a pay check from these "law enforcement" agencies are just as guilty IMO.
Talk about selling your soul.........

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I can hear the chuckles and snorts from our "Big Law" contingent. They might wake up someday, but it'll be too late & they'll have doomed us all with their head in the sand "Conservative" willingness to build this behemoth. Tick, tock. smile

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The people will wake up that is for sure , just like the people in Germany woke up under the 3rd Reich Prior to WW,2 when it was to late to turn it around.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This thread started over 16hrs ago and not one post from our resident marxist trolls yet. I wonder why?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bea175
The people will wake up that is for sure , just like the people in Germany woke up under the 3rd Reich Prior to WW,2 when it was to late to turn it around.

That is my fear, as well.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The government does this, and all the other crap that is In Your Face liberal politics because "The People" tolerate it.

THAT is the REAL reason this country is in the shape it's in now.

It's very much like being on a jet airplane with engine failure and watching the ground getting closer and closer....The more time clicks by, the faster the jet plummets.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rovering
No "heat of the moment" about it. The heat of the moment was their excuse for militarizing internal agencies/departments at all levels under either direct or indirect Federal control. It was not their reason. Their reason was to impose tyranny on the American people, and to keep us too intimidated, with black clad paramilitary forces everywhere you look, to do anything about it when they do.

That's why I believe 9/11 was a staged event by the Feds to get the "right" legislation passed that could not pass without a catastrophic event.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And the 3rd Reich staged events when it needed to to provide the basis for it's laws and policies. The same thing is going on today here in the US and I must add the German courts were in the back pocket of the 3rd Reich just like the courts especially the Fed courts today.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude

And the 3rd Reich staged events when it needed to to provide the basis for it's laws and policies. The same thing is going on today here in the US and I must add the German courts were in the back pocket of the 3rd Reich just like the courts especially the Fed courts today.
It's all good as long as everybody gets paid. You have to rob Peter to pay Paul though and Peter squeals when he is getting ass raped by Obama looking for his wallet. You see people here defending the indefensible because they are still profiting from the system. More and more though, the system is running out of people to rape to pay their buddies, so the buddies get turned on and raped too and they add their voices to the chorus of the already-wronged. They don't switch sides until forced to though.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
This thread started over 16hrs ago and not one post from our resident marxist trolls yet. I wonder why?

They're not a work yet so they can post on the civilian's dime

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Does anyone remember the Obama speech on the original campaign stating that;

"America needs a civilian police force better trained and better armed than our military..." No one batted an eye.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but these things are planned decades in advance of implementation.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Michael
I'm no conspiracy theorist but these things are planned decades in advance of implementation.
This.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You guys need to lighten up ,my son worked hard in the military -got out and landed a great paying job with great benefits and a second retirement won't be far down the road --with one of these "agencies" you speak so lowly of .
Do you think I want to see him not succeed ,--sometimes we citizens just have to mind our own business and trust our government and their soldiers.
If these "agencies" were curtailed or defunded it would be tough on him with three kids/wife ,big house ,cars ,boat etc.etc..
Gov't has to keep growing in order to keep the economy strong so that large amounts of tax dollars can be paid to enable the govt to take care of us , and keep my son in the agency. He loves being able to serve this country by helping keep an eye on people who might try to undermine his employer . So lets just change the subject here !!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Maybe even "marxist trolls" don't like associating with kooks.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by ol_mike
You guys need to lighten up ,my son worked hard in the military -got out and landed a great paying job with great benefits and a second retirement won't be far down the road --with one of these "agencies" you speak so lowly of .
Do you think I want to see him not succeed ,--sometimes we citizens just have to mind our own business and trust our government and their soldiers.
If these "agencies" were curtailed or defunded it would be tough on him with three kids/wife ,big house ,cars ,boat etc.etc..
Gov't has to keep growing in order to keep the economy strong so that large amounts of tax dollars can be paid to enable the govt to take care of us , and keep my son in the agency. He loves being able to serve this country by helping keep an eye on people who might try to undermine his employer . So lets just change the subject here !!

I hope you are being sarcastic.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 60 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.