Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
secondary offense in mo. and it's a $10 ticket. if i write you a seat belt ticket you got bigger problems.

FJB
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by ltppowell
90% to the State and 10% to the court of venue.

You do realize how ridiculous you look.....right?

Whatcha expect from a dumb ass cop? He thinks there's different cookie jars that the cash goes? His local PD doesn't receive state funding? It sure receives Fed funding as it pays his OT. Where do these people think the money comes from? Pennies from Heaven?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Seatbelt laws should not exist. Period.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$125 or so out here.

Staters are the only cock suckers bored enough to pull you for it. They love it.

Been stopped a few times for it. Once in a parking lot, putting it on before I pulled out on the road!

Always staters. Clowns.

City cops have enough to do. They just wave.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The only thing as stupid as a seatbelt law, is an open container law.

Good luck finding a politician with enough sense to admit it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's wild that you don't receive any money from the state, but pretty shrewd to send money to the court. That has to be a plus when the judge remembers who is buttering their bread if an officer ever ends up in front of them for a divorce hearing or anything else.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't wear one and I won't wear one. Got pulled over for speeding last year and wasn't wearing my seat belt. I was polite, a rareity for me. Cop says I could write you a ticket for no seat belt and I said you can write me two cause tomorrow when I come through here I ain't gonna be wearin one then either with a chuckle. He handed me my license and say go on while shaking his head. Nice guy, guess my honesty was refreshing.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

You do realize how ridiculous you look.....right?

Whatcha expect from a dumb ass cop? He thinks there's different cookie jars that the cash goes? His local PD doesn't receive state funding? It sure receives Fed funding as it pays his OT. Where do these people think the money comes from? Pennies from Heaven?

Lol...are there others like you where you live? I'd be pissed too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Way to gitem.....

HA!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Biggest PITA was when a couple of Sheriffs' Deputies on motorcycles would sit in the center divider on the road from the poor neighborhood to my school in the morning traffic, just nailing folks for sticker and seatbelt violations. And those seatbelt tickets were expensive, especially so or people living where they lived.

I dunno they "saved any lives". Prob'ly more'n a few kids ended up walking to school after that and they didn't help the image of Cops any. Or maybe not too much harm; nobody confused these guys with the SAPD.

SAPD DOES sit out in front of elementary and middle schools, enforcing the twice a day 20mph speed limit. But nobody minds that.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

SAPD DOES sit out in front of elementary and middle schools, enforcing the twice a day 20mph speed limit.

I think there should be a minimum speed of at least 80 MPH through school zones, you could get rid of the dumb ones early and avoid putting them on the taxpayer dole.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp

How exactly is a school bus seat "more confining"? They are open benches.

Sounds like you must not have ridden on school buses...they are high-backed, rigid seats, closely spaced so there is little opportunity for objects (bodies) to move very far in a sudden deceleration.

How does �more solidly constructed� make things better on the object striking it?

The object (person) striking it is secondary to the fact that that object is less likely to become a 100 lb missile capable of impacting others closer to the point of vehicle impact.

Don�t think I have ever heard increased stopping distance listed as a positive in passenger safety either.
Same principal as why a parachute is generally a safer way to jump out of a plane; instant deceleration tends to be quite �bruising� wink .

Could you explain why the strobe light on top of the bus(impairing the vision of any drivers near the bus) is a good idea?

Probably not a good thing for those with ADD/ADHD disorders. Not staring at it works reasonably well for the rest however, similar to not looking into the headlights of oncoming traffic at night. The strobe point kind of begs the question of why those �blue� super-bright halogen headlamps are legal though. crazy

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Motorcycle riders probably have better survival chances if they can get free from their wreck; their odds simply aren�t very good when you think about it.
Then it makes zero sense to permit folks to drive motorcycles if car drivers have to wear seat belts.

Cars make zero sense compared to semis or buses also; so also two lane highways compared to divided highways. I not at all crazy about sharing the roads with motorized bikes; I wouldn�t do it and certainly don�t want to paste someone on one, but I�m not going to suggest that you shouldn�t be allowed to ride one.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Motorcycle riders probably have better survival chances if they can get free from their wreck; their odds simply aren�t very good when you think about it.
Then it makes zero sense to permit folks to drive motorcycles if car drivers have to wear seat belts.

Cars make zero sense compared to semis or buses also; so also two lane highways compared to divided highways. I not at all crazy about sharing the roads with motorized bikes; I wouldn�t do it and certainly don�t want to paste someone on one, but I�m not going to suggest that you shouldn�t be allowed to ride one.
You're missing my point. It's that the seat belt laws make no logical sense if you still allow motorcycles (whose riders cannot wear seat belts) on the road. It's an argument against seat belt laws, and I think it's a pretty insurmountable one. It only fails because logic doesn't prevail in the creation of laws.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are lots of laws that I disagree with.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In the same universe, how logically and justly do you both fine car drivers who don't wear seat belts and permit motorcyclists (who can't wear them) on the same roads with them? If you're fining car drivers for not being safe, how much less safe are motorcyclists? That amounts to fines for being a little unsafe, and no fines for being a lot unsafe.

Clearly, then, it's not about safety. It's about revenue generation.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It ain't about revenue it's about politicians thinking they need to babysit the voters and the worst part is a lot of voters like it that way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Correct. Politicians like to believe that they are taking care of, not oppressing, you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go easy on wildbill. He's special.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mac84
Go easy on wildbill. He's special.

You ain't kiddin! He's a member of the "color of the week"at the walmart huffers club

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
He's a member of the "color of the week"at the walmart huffers club

smile

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (007FJ, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,549
Posts18,472,957
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.